Second Chance - Cover

Second Chance

SECOND CHANCE is copyright protected. Any use, including reprints, without specific written permission is forbidden and illegal

Chapter 46

DoOver Sci-fi Sex Story: Chapter 46 - 43 year old Carl watched helplessly as Death came for him in the form of an overloaded produce truck. Suddenly he found himself in the body of a 14 year old boy, injured in the same accident. Now Carl had to learn how to live as Brian and cope with a new life and a loving mother.

Caution: This DoOver Sci-fi Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   DoOver   Incest   Mother   Son   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting  

While watching Harrison (Hawk) Dryden take the oath of office to become the new Vice President, I was filled with questions. Dryden's wife and family stood beside him in the well of our Capital, as John Roberts led him through his oath of allegiance, honor, and integrity.

The Speaker of the House called another emergency joint session of Congress and hastily held a vote to confirm a replacement for Ken Stanton. There had been too many emergencies, and too many replacements at our highest level of office. America deserved better, and I intended to see to it that we never had to repeat this particular exercise.

That said, I knew Hawk would be a far better Vice President than Ken. He already knew most of what I knew about Ken's secret agenda, and that he was the implement of his own destruction. Knowing we ferreted it all out, and were two steps ahead of him the whole time, would act as a warning to those who came after, and Hawk Dryden was no fool. He wouldn't play a game with stakes that high.

So far no one was asking the probing questions about the make-up of those aboard Air Force Two when it exploded, and what that meant as far as Ken Stanton's actions. Hawk was also unusually loyal to his country, and anyone could see the amazement on his face as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court declared him our Vice President.

Hawk and his family greeted the waves of well-wishers as they stood down front and received members of Congress and the Senate who wished to shake his hand and wish him well.

This was his time, and I slipped away to let him have it.

"We'll be asked about moving into the White House before long," I said to my ladies. We were all in bed and enjoying a little conversation about my evening. They all watched Hawk take the oath from the gallery, and when I snuck out, they joined me on Marine One for the ride back to Camp David. My detail had long ago accepted the presence of these people in my life, and also accepted the fact that we were an unusual, but unusually dedicated family unit.

Benjamin lounged on his big pillow beside us as I shared my thoughts. "Beth Ann is right. I need to marry one of you and let people think whatever they wish. For the foreseeable future, I intend to fly back up here at night and sleep with you all in our big bed.

"Occasional circumstances will require me to use the family quarters to grab a little rest during a crisis, but I am very content to come home to you all, right here, every night, unless you just have to try living at sixteen-hundred Pennsylvania Avenue.

"Benjamin will be much happier out here, than in town, and the children are safer up here, than they would be trying to play on the White House lawn. We've all seen the bad things can happen there.

"If no one objects, I would like to keep things the way they are for the time being."

Colleen cuddled against my left side and said, "We have talked, and we're all happier here than sneaking in and out of the White House. When we want to go shopping, we jump in a car and go. If we want to meet in the village and grab lunch, get our hair done, or take the babies out in their strollers - no one knows or cares. It's a good place to live, and we want to keep things this way, too."

Hawk Dryden spent quite some time with me at the Lodge after the swearing in. The FBI, CIA, and several other agencies pressed ahead with the investigation into Ken Stanton's death, and one afternoon, three weeks after the explosion, the FBI and CIA Directors made an appointment to meet with me in the White House sub-basement office.

Both men were waiting when I descended in the elevator, and we moved to my private office, off the main floor.

"Mr. President we have some very disturbing news..."

I bet they did.

"Mr. President. We believe the former Vice president was complicit in the bombing of the White House."

I sat straight up and waited.

"We have uncovered a veritable mountain of cell phone records, emails, and meetings between several of the Vice President's former staff, before the death of President Thornton. These point to a conspiracy to remove both the President and Vice President, which of course was you, Sir, at the same time. It appears that because you stayed that extra night at Camp David, it threw off the entire conspiracy, but still resulted in the death of the President and his family.

"The Vice President also may have had the bombs planted that blew apart Air Force Two with him in it. The intended target was you and Air Force One. The Vice President's plane was unexpectedly swapped with Air Force One, due to simultaneous maintenance issues that caused both to come out of service that day.

"Your plane was parked in the VP space, and another, back up plane was pulled out to carry you home, while the expected aircraft was being repaired. It looks like a one-in-a-million mix-up that saved your life and cost Ken Stanton his."

"Before you go any further," I interrupted. "Tell me how any of this points to Stanton."

"Of course Mr. President. Air Force One had the explosive devices hidden in the fuel distribution system by people who appear to have been working for the Vice President. When your plane needed engine work, the maintenance supervisor refused to promise it would be done by late afternoon, when you intended to leave for Branson. That caused the flight officer to change around aircraft assignments to be sure you were not inconvenienced and still get the Vice President home for Thanksgiving. The Air Force had another plane ready to go, just a short flight away, and decided to use it for you. That let the VP keep his earlier schedule by taking Air Force One, and the rest is history.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.