Take a Chance on Me - Cover

Take a Chance on Me

Copyright© 2014 by Zaine

Chapter 4

The time away would seem irrelevant now. Carrie and Lu Ann had our daughters while I awaited the birth of those twins that had been pronounced by Carrie and Lu Ann for their sister. In many ways, I hoped they were twins, boy twins. That would make my family, any man's family complete.

There seemed to be so many things I needed to get done before I left.

I wished that Joey were here now to take the girls and me shopping. I was not a real help last time I thought, only my credit card.

Was I well enough? I must be, otherwise the Agency would not be sending me out, right?

Jamie Lynn and Becky Sue looked so cute cuddled with their mothers I elected not to wake them up. I looked at Sue Ann, then back at my other wives. It looked like they had been crying!

I quietly went out of the nursery, in Pink of course, and went the picture window overlooking our valley. It was so beautiful. I was a lucky man I thought, very fortunate. I finally had what I had been searching for my entire life. I had a family, wives who loved me as I loved them and children that would live on after I was gone. I imagined that if Sue Ann did have twins I would need more than a couple more bedrooms by the time we had grandkids.

I looked out at the valley again. It was so peaceful and serene. 'A deck' I thought. I would build a huge deck, and cook pits, and swings and anything else that might bring joy to me family.

I was so tired suddenly that I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Perhaps I could lie down and rest. I would need all my energy for the job. I closed my eyes, just for a bit.

"Damn' I thought, 'where is that noise coming from? A train might make less of a commotion!'

I moved my head and neck, or tried to, nothing seemed to work. I tried to open my eyes. Nada! What was going on?

I seemed to be looking down now. I saw Joey! My head was in her lap. She was holding me. We were back in that airport. On the floor. I was bleeding all over her. She was crying.

Had nothing changed?

What had ... as everything then went grey. I thought I could see our Valley just ahead.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.