An Anthropologist's Coming of Age in Washington - Cover

An Anthropologist's Coming of Age in Washington

Copyright© 2014 by LughIldanach

Chapter 1

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Charley is an anthropologist coming of age, not in Margaret Mead's Samoa but in the even more dangerous wilds of Washington, DC. His mother is also an anthropologist, who has a second career as a high-mileage nude dancer in a DC strip club. How will they deal with his virginity? What does coming of age mean?

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Fiction   Humor   Mother   Son   FemaleDom   Spanking   Group Sex   Orgy   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Fisting   Cream Pie   Spitting   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Leg Fetish   Porn Theatre  

It's only when a man tames his own demons that he becomes the king of himself if not of the world.

Joseph Campbell

It will help to have read "Green Berets for the Sexual Revolution" to become familiar with the characters.

This story has discussion, but no physical activity, of mother-son incest. I really haven't decided how to resolve it, and want reader feedback. I will change this noticed based on that response, and my reflections. The mother and son are adults and are seriously exploring their feelings.

The "creampie" codeword means that men actually may taste semen. Obviously, they were conceived without it.

Two cats periodically comment, but do not stoop to sexual contact with mere humans.

At our apartment, after Charley had been sent to rest up rather than go to the club, I took Carol and Marie to talk with Betty. "A few days ago, I never thought I'd be talking about my life this way, but things are feeling so natural." That brought big, big smiles. Marie, sitting next to her on the couch, gently pulled Betty to her own breasts.

"Betty dear, I'm sure that many people want to put their head into your amazing breasts, but isn't it nice for you to be able to do that?"

"Very much so, Marie. And thank you, Curt and Carol, for being part of my sharing something extremely personal, and getting good advice on something that is progressing very rapidly, and I hope hasn't gotten out of hand. You three seem to have some background in anthropology." We nodded. "I need to talk about some very complex coming of age, but here, not in Samoa."

"Let me review some things. Carol, I grew up as a Texas cheerleader, but, like you, I struggled with keeping my intellect."

I tried to think of Betty as a cheerleader, but didn't do well with it. It was easy, however, to picture her on the cover of a fashion magazine, with skin that was both of a woman in her forties and utterly glowing. When she sat up and crossed her legs, it reminded me of a similar act of Sharon Stone in a movie of the future, but done with elegance rather than challenge. Neither Sharon nor Betty wore panties.

"An inheritance let me break loose from my parents and go to college at Smith, where I majored in anthropology. I did my junior year in India, and I've kept fluent in Hindi. I write both Hindi and Urdu. For that matter, I also speak Spanish and French. I met my husband, Algernon, in my senior year, when he was a new Army officer. We married when we both were 22. I became pregnant almost immediately, not intentionally, but never regretted it. After Charley was born, it was unlikely I could have more children, and was sick for a while. The Army was nice enough to give him a Washington assignment while I recovered. We both started on graduate degrees. By pure accident, he saved an Indian diplomat in a nasty street confrontation, and they invited him to study there. We took that. I didn't need to help him very long with the languages, as he may have more talent in languages than I do. Since I was already fluent, I was able to go directly into graduate studies in their sexual traditions, which is a perfectly acceptable field of study.

"Napoleon used to ask, before promoting an officer to the highest rank, if he was lucky. Al was both talented and lucky. While he was there, he was an observer during one of the Indo-Pakistani border clashes. First, he was professionally respected. Later, though, as one skirmish was winding down, he jumped into fire and rescued both an Indian and a Pakistani officer. He's one of the few people to be decorated by both countries. Charley was exposed to Hindi as a baby and little boy, and seemed to have a talent for it.

"On the US side, he was found to be an excellent planner and analyst, and moved up quickly. The State Department kept trying to get him, because he had become recognized as an honest broker by both sides in South Asia. Especially in India, where women are more welcome, I also got a great reception and many contacts.

"We attended some Tantric workshops together, and it became a part of our lives. He became a mixture of warrior-scholar-diplomat, and had been selected for the War College here, which says you're on the path to stars. We were very sexually experimental, which might have been a concern for security clearances. At some point, US intelligence decided that we couldn't be blackmailed about it and let Al keep his clearances, after we got involved in swinging. Charley adapted well to all the travel, and shared our interest in the region. Then, Al got sick with a neurological disease that's not fully understood. He is partially paralyzed and has great difficulty speaking, but the mind is still there. He's medically retired.

"With his disease, Al became increasingly limited sexually. Now, we had always had an open marriage. We learned that he could get a lot of pleasure watching me have sex, both with women and men. As his disabilities increased, sometimes I'd set up sex shows for him during which I'd stimulate him.

"In lots of respects, Charley is an ideal son. He's working on a doctorate in cultural anthropology. You've seen him -- damn good looking, I think." Female heads nodded. "He's not a jock, but he stays fit, and it doesn't hurt a man to be a tall blue-eyed blonde. He gets along with people, but doesn't seem to have close friends. At one point recently, though, he told me that he was still a virgin and didn't want to be. By now, there's no question in my mind that he knows that we had--have--an open marriage.

"He and I are both anthropologists. One of the most important books in the field is Margaret Mead's Coming of Age in Samoa Can I deny that his sexual coming of age is on my mind? No. I'm also a sex worker and sex enthusiast. Does it cross my mind that I could initiate him? To be honest, yes. Does he think about that? Probably. Boys often fantasize about mothers.

"As you can imagine, I want to be very careful that my son, young adult but virgin that he is, develops his sexuality. Once, I thought I should be the one to initiate him, but my instincts say not. As with Oedipus Rex, it's a fundamental taboo in our society, and when things are that fundamental, there's probably a reason for it."

I couldn't resist. "Was it Harry Golden, talking about Yiddish in America, who quoted a yenta as Oedipus schmedipus, as long as a boy loves his mother. Everyone laughed at that. It did, I hope, lighten some tension.

"Is it a different thing for me to be sexually encouraging, and perhaps even active in his presence? Sexual contact later? I'm not sure. Hell, he's a hunk!"

"Betty," said Marie, "I'm glad you're looking at those thoughts. Unless you examine them, there's no way even to ask for advice."

"He knows that I write on sexuality, and has at least an idea that a healthy Al and I were swingers. He also has an idea that I've done what either is formal sex work, or, as is more the case, did sex work because it turned on Algernon and myself, not that we needed the money. I didn't dress all that outrageously in the house, although he may well have seen me going out with no underwear.

"Still, I can't forget Oedipus. Am I rationalizing to say that it's less dangerous if the house grew up sexually open? Is that more like some of the South Pacific societies where it does happen? I don't think he ever saw his father and I making love, but certainly saw us display lots of affection. Somehow, I worry that he is keeping himself inactive in sympathy with his father's disability."

Marie agreed, cautiously. "Yes, I think guidance can work done. Many societies, including ours in Colonial and frontier times, had no privacy in bedrooms, and children were certainly aware of parental sex. It's the direct participation by a parent that's in question

"To a certain extent, I guided Carol and Curt, although Carol was a non-virgin and, in the sense of intercourse, Curt remained so until he left New Jersey. I regret that I didn't arrange things with Carol, which would have been best, or done it myself. I wasn't formally a teacher and authority figure, but as a librarian, I was close, and a lot of people would say I exploited them.

"I suspect any of the dancers would be loving and supportive with him. Only as a guess, I think it will be Gerri or Cathy. Tana is also a possibility. After all, we sent him to Tana for rest--she can be exceptionally supportive. Most of the dancers had problem childhoods. As opposed to the dancers, though, Charley doesn't seem to have grown up in a traumatic way. He's just shy. Before he does it with me, I'd like him to play with Iris, where she'd be a proxy for me or in the role of his sister."

"Betty, do you personally want to initiate him?"

"Marie, only at a fantasy level. It might be wonderful, but there's so much cultural taboo that I don't want to plan to do it. At the same time, I wonder, could it happen spontaneously? Now, as someone sexually open, have I noticed Charley is a very attractive man that I love? I'd be dishonest not to say yes. Would I forbid him to see my act? I'd be a hypocrite to do that. So with our club, our theater, developing, I doubt he'd avoid seeing me have sex. If he gets active, I'll be likely to see him do it. The situation with his father's disability makes it even more complex."

Marie nodded. "I think it's important to know that you admit, to yourself, are thinking of possibly fucking in the future. I'm using that verb deliberately. I also hear that you're sensitive to vulnerabilities. My thought would be that if it does look like physical sex will happen, talk it through with a neutral party. It might even be good for some third party to talk to Charley about what he'd think of it."

Carol and I looked at one another. I observed something that we had discussed: "Neither Carol nor I had affectionate, or even caring parents. Had one gotten involved in positive sexuality, it would have been very different, I think. Instead, both our sets of parents left us sexually stunted, although we've overcome it. Just be careful."

Betty looked at them. "We should be having this next discussion along with Iris, but I think Charley is also aware that I've been doing my best to provide sexual gratification to his father. Algernon can't always speak, but I can tell that his mind is still there. He does like watching women with each other. Sometimes, I can get him hard and give him oral or a handjob, but I haven't always been able to get two or more women for him to watch, as well as playing with me. One of his neurologists told me that stimulating him anally often could get him hard or even take him to orgasm, and she was right."

Marie had a thought. "Brother-sister incest seems pretty common. Do you think that Iris might fit that role, to some extent? At least get him talking?"

Carol spoke. "Well, Betty, I'd be delighted to make it with you in front of him, and I'm sure some of the others would as well. Marie might be limited, but there in spirit. If nothing else, Cathy and I, and maybe Melina, are going to practice some stage fights. Maybe he'd like them. How do you feel about other women stimulating him?"

"If it involves women that we both know, and that will be returning, that's fine with me, and might be for him. There is one woman that we met while swinging who did touch him, but she's moved away. Maybe I'm just hypersexual, and criticizing him unfairly. Maybe his destiny is to go to the altar with another virgin, and have a wonderful monogamous relationship. Certainly, losing my husband for most physical attention affects me.

"I ... just ... don't ... know."

We hugged her, feeling her sincerity.

Carol had an inspiration, and went to her wine cabinet. She returned with the most appropriate of beverages for talking about coming of age: Mead.


When Charley arrived at Tana's apartment, she welcomed him with a warm hug. "Charley, I'd imagine that the day so far has been fun, but stressful. You deserve some relaxation before another round, don't you?" She wore a silky dark green robe, against which her fall of fiery red hair contrasted dramatically.

He grinned, as she took him into the living room. "Oh yes. I don't think I've ever been with so many sexy women all at once, much less sexy women making passes at me, each other, and a couple of friendly men."

"Charley, at your age, you can cum repeatedly, although you might not last long at first. Now, you can go straight to bed, and I can cuddle you there. The hot tub is burbling away, and we can bathe you before bed. If you want, I'm good at massages. While I'm sure we'll fuck sometime in the future, I'd be happy to bring you off to get you relaxed, with hands or mouth or boobs." She giggled a little. "Sometimes, I have to be reminded about my figure, because I've spent so much time in dry accountant mode. Does it help you to remember that the biggest boobs in this clan are mine, your mother's, maybe Iris', and Melody's? You may not have met Melody yet."

"Um ... er ... you have a spectacular figure. It probably makes some of the dancers jealous."

Tana laughed happily. "The nice thing about this group is that there doesn't seem to be any jealousy. I'm sure that some guys like pocket-sized women like Betty and Iris. Others like athletes such as Cathy and Melina and Carol. While all are actually intelligent and don't use drugs, Gerri and Edie have acts that suggest they're bimbo sluts. Anyway, let me get you relaxed. I've put out some snacks if you like. Otherwise, how about a massage to start?"

He agreed, and she took him to her massage table, in the giant bathroom next to the hot tub. Charley was a little shocked when Tana began to undress him. She asked, "does this help?" and slipped out of her robe, under which she wore nothing but her shoes. She made eye contact and asked if he wanted her to throw him, fully dressed, into the water. That got him cooperating and laughing hysterically.

"OK, mister. First, into the shower with you. There's plenty of room in the shower stall -- may I join you and help?"

Charley, while trying not to be ostentatious, couldn't take his eyes off Tana. "Um ... yes."

"Charley. Look at me. Do you really think I'd be naked before you if I didn't expect you to look at me? I'm confident that I'll be admired. Mind you, Carol had to help me get into that mindspace. When I ran administration for a medical clinic, I dressed very conservatively, even pinning up my hair."

She took his hand and led him to the shower. It was a complex and luxurious one, with water jets that would go everywhere. She adjusted the water temperature from the main jet. "I'll turn on the others when we get inside and close the door. Sorry, I don't have a cat shower."

"Yes, that's one with a giant tongue instead of a spray faucet." He groaned. They stepped into the shower.

Tana soaped him with fragrant almond soap. When his chest hair was well lathered, she slipped behind him, and began to rub her tits against his back. He groaned again, but in a very different way. She reached around and lightly touched. "I'm so glad I make you so hard. You can cum here, but I think it would be better to wait a bit. But how about washing me?"

Charley concentrated. "Let me be honest. I'm working hard to appreciate you as more than perfect tits." Sliding his hands along her sides, he found a sensitive spot just below her lowest rib. She shivered. "Amazing. You really do have a tiny waist."

She moved his hands back to the spot he had discovered, urging him to press. "Honest to God, you've found a new trigger spot that no one ever found before. Stroke, press there, and I just might cum with your hands alone, and the novelty of it. If you can find new things on this poor old body, you're a great lover."

"Old? You're what, six or nine years older than I am?" Charley was getting comfortable with Tana, as a friend.

She shut the water, led him out, and helped him into the whirlpool. "Charley, the water is pretty hot, although it may not feel that way since you came straight from the shower. If you don't get fully erect, that's a normal result of the water temperature. There's nothing wrong with you."

"Thanks, Tana. I'm not totally inexperienced, but I had been in a hot tub before but wondered about that. Oh, hell. I've cum with girls, but I'm a technical virgin."

They relaxed in the water. "Tana, I'm glad to have a chance to talk to you, knowing that I don't need to worry about getting hard. I know everyone means well, and I really do want to be more sexual, but I feel a bit pressured at times. Just being relaxed with you helps me enormously. Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Of course. With the way the sisterhood is treating you, turnabout is fair play."

"I know that you are a trained accountant and manager, but, as I think of all the dancers, no one is more attractive than you are. How come you don't dance? I assume you don't."

"Fair question. First, Carol and Marie first got me involved professionally. The first time Carol and I went to the gym together, and she saw me undress, her eyes just about popped out of her head. When she met me, it was at a community event, where I wore my usual oversize sweatshirt and loose jeans. A little later, she met me in my work outfit, which was a conservative business suit, with a bra that flattened me. Accounting was a natural field for someone as shy as I was, and I had some religious family that suggested that we were immaculately conceived. I'd had a couple of affairs, but to be honest, Charley, I'm not all that sexually experienced. Carol and Marie have been introducing me to things. In particular, Carol took me to a swing club where I could be anonymous yet experiment, with her right there.

"Before she took me there, she took me into her dressing room, and pulled out an underground comic book. She told me to look in the mirror, naked, and then she held up this book. It had a character called Jessica Rabbit."

"Hey! I've seen that comic. No kidding. There's a resemblance between you and Jessica, although you obviously aren't a cartoon."

"That's what Carol said. She was prepared -- she had a stretchy, low-cut dress waiting for me, even though she hadn't had a chance to measure. I'll tell you that I gasped when I saw myself in the mirror with it on. I had thought that I had too-big breasts that had to be controlled, but I realized they were delicious without a bra. She didn't do much with my hair besides brush it out. She helped me with makeup, and suddenly, there was this other woman in the mirror. I started to mutter something about having my mind respected, and she dashed out of the room, came back with a history journal, and bopped me over the head with a paper she had written.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.