Living Next Door to Heaven 1
76: Strange

Copyright© 2014 to Elder Road Books

Coming of Age Sex Story: 76: Strange - Brian was the runty little brain of 4th grade and a victim of bullies until next door neighbor Joanne, two years older, became his guardian angel. Bigger guys protected him and girls made him part of their inner circle. Because Joanne said so. But somewhere along the line, Brian becomes the protector instead of the protected. At 15, his dozen girlfriends make the story interesting. There are no sexual situations in the first 12 chapters and no penetration for a long time. It's still sex, though.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   School   Rags To Riches   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Masturbation   Petting   Slow  

It was weird to leave Indiana on Christmas Eve to celebrate the holidays in Seattle. I wouldn't have any of my friends or girlfriends around, the whole vacation. It was going to be flat-out miserable. And all for Betts. I had a feeling that even Mom and Dad would rather be spending the holiday with Anna. I'd even suggested that we take our Kokomo girlfriends with us, but Mom frowned at me.

"Not a word to Betts. We do not need a hysterical daughter for the holiday," Mom warned me.

Speaking of the devil, she met us at the airport. Mom and Dad were renting a car, so technically there was no reason for her to meet us, but I guess it was nice for her to be so enthusiastic about seeing us. I'd slept all the way there on the plane because there was nothing else to do and I wasn't going to be able to drive the rental car. It was just too disgusting to think of playing one of those little handheld electronic games. Somebody on the plane had one and the flight attendant finally went back to tell him that either he had to silence the game or turn it off. The beeps were making everybody crazy.

When we'd collected our luggage and Dad got the car keys, we headed for the garage.

"You can ride with me, Brian," Betts said. Why? I figured she'd want Mom to ride with her and Dad and I'd follow. This couldn't be good. I got in the boxy little Volvo and fastened my belt.

"What is it, Betts?" I asked. "Did I do something wrong already?"

"Don't you think your sister might want to just see you without anyone else for a while? I haven't seen you since the wedding. Don't you miss me like I miss you?"

"Is that it? You miss having me around to abuse?" I laughed. "Or do you need more cooking lessons?"

"All right, asshole," she snarled. Then she started giggling. "Can you believe I said that? I'll have to watch my tongue around Mom and Dad. You've changed, Brian. You're a lot more mature than you were when I left. You're right. There were a couple things I wanted to talk to you about and I wanted to do it without anybody else being around to hear us."

"Okay," I sighed.

"Doreen told me about Rhonda and I want you to know that I'm really sorry. I mean that, Brian. I know it was all an accident and stuff like that happens. And I know you've really been hurting over it. I felt like you needed to know that I'm not going to criticize you for it and that I'm really sorry. There's no reason to assume that you suddenly feel so close to me as a sister that you'd want to talk to me about it, but if you need to, I'm here. Living with Allen has ... I guess made me more mellow or something. I feel like things just don't upset me as much anymore. He's always there to calm me down and I feel whole when I'm with him. Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it unless you want to talk, but I had to say it when we were alone together."

"Thanks, Betts. It's been hard on all of us. Even Doreen has been a little weepy over Rhonda not being around. She was a catalyst for our whole group in some ways."

"And how is the rest of your little harem?"

"We're all doing as well as can be expected. Classes are kicking ass right and left. But we're staying sane by leaning on each other. I really miss being with them for the holiday."

"I know I kind of dragged you away. It's the first time I've been able to invite my family to come to my home for the holiday. I'll try to make it pleasant and not be the bitch you remember. That brings me to something else, though."

"What?"

"Allen's little sister. I know everybody's going to assume that you'll have so much in common and that you'll naturally want to spend time together and all. I tried to explain to her that you have girlfriends and that she doesn't need to feel like she has to entertain you all the time, but even her parents talked up your agreement and tried to get her to start something like it at her school. Let's just say that she's not of the kind of temperament of the rest of your group. If anything, she's even more ... uh ... astringent than I was."

"Holy cow, Betts."

"You don't have to act like it's not possible."

"That's not it. I was surprised you knew the word!" She reached across the seat and whacked my arm, then looked in the rearview mirror like she thought Mom and Dad might have seen her from the car behind us.

"Just be prepared for anything. She's sixteen and I think she kind of idolized her big brother Allen. I came along and she was no longer the most important girl in his life. She might be as angry toward you as she usually is toward me. It's been the hardest part about being out here. Her name is Addison. I was hoping that we'd develop a good enough relationship before junior comes along that she'd even want to babysit. At the moment, I wouldn't trust her alone in my house, let alone with my baby." Betts dropped one hand to her stomach.

"Betts? Are you telling me something? Are you pregnant?"

"Yeah," she squeaked. "You'll be a good uncle, won't you, Brian?" I reached across and put a hand on her arm. She moved it and put it on her tummy. I couldn't really tell much except that Betts had a nice soft stomach. "Late May or early June. I promise I'll be a better Mommy than I was a sister."

"Congratulations, Betts. I think you'll be a great mommy." I pulled my hand away. "And at least I know the baby will eat well." I grinned at her and she blushed.

"Beast!" she laughed. "Play your cards right and maybe I'll let you watch. Once."

"Have you told Mom and Dad?"

"We haven't told anyone. We're planning to make the announcement tonight at dinner, but Allen and I decided to let our sibs in on it in advance. I didn't think you'd have any problem with it, but he's not so sure about Addie. He's out with her now for a little brother-sister conference. Hopefully by dinner she will have stopped screaming."

"Boy. Sounds like we're going to have a great time."

"Just turn on the charm that got you all those girlfriends. Maybe you can be a good influence."

"Don't count on too much."


Christmas Eve dinner was at Allen's parents' house. David and Janice Partridge had an incredible house up on a hill that looked out over Lake Washington. Across the lake, the Seattle skyline shone against the setting sun. People must pay millions for that view. David and Janice were great hosts and there was someone else in the kitchen preparing the food. Man! On Christmas Eve they had someone to cater their dinner? Betts must have married into some serious money. Her house with Allen was farther out on the East side in a little suburb of fairly new homes. It was very nice, but not the virtual mansion that the Partridges had.

Addison Partridge was something else entirely. She had half a dozen earrings piercing her ears, a bar in her eyebrow and a ring in her nose. Her fingernails were painted black. In some ways she reminded me of Nicki, but her clothes were even less put together and her black hair with blonde roots showing looked like it had been cut with a pair of nail clippers. Her eyes were heavily coated with black eyeliner. Then there was the acne that appeared in patches on her face and a couple of pimples on the exposed part of her chest, just beneath her collarbone. Below that, her breasts barely caused a wrinkle in the black pull-over she wore. After being introduced, she didn't say a word all evening.

"Moms and Dads," Allen said as we were finishing dessert, "Betts and I wanted us to all be together this Christmas for a special reason." He turned to Betts.

"What Allen's letting me say is that you're going to be grandparents this spring. I'm three months pregnant," Betts said. I started clapping. Our parents joined in. Addison sat silent and stony. From that point on, the parents carried most of the conversation. I stood to start clearing the dishes much to Mrs. Partridge's surprise. The caterers had left when we sat down to eat and the kitchen was clean. I just went about cleaning up the dishes and putting what could be washed in the dishwasher and just washed the china and crystal. At least it gave me something to do. I turned around and saw Addison sitting in the nook in the kitchen. She was reading a book. I said 'Hi' but she didn't even look up. When I'd finished the dishes, Mom, Dad, Allen, and Betts were standing to get ready to go.

"It was so nice of you and Addison to do up the dishes," Mrs. Partridge beamed. Oh? So Addison helped me clean up? I smiled at Mrs. Partridge.

"It was nothing. Thank you for the lovely evening."


"Brian, would you help me tomorrow if I actually do some of the work?" Betts asked me before I went to bed. "I know Addison didn't do any of the clean-up tonight. It made me mad, but David and Janice are convinced she isn't the social pariah that she is. If she helped someone the earth would open up and swallow her. But I'm making Christmas dinner and I'd love to have you help me in the kitchen. Is there a way I could convince you?"

"Who are you and what did you do with my sister?" I laughed.

"I'm Sister 2.0. That's computer software talk. You hear it a lot around here. Brian, I'm twenty years old and I'm going to have a baby. Me. She's growing right here." She grabbed my hand again and held it over her womb. Standing up like this, I could definitely feel the slight, firm roundness of the baby growing. I didn't really feel a hump, but Betts had always been pretty thin and the fullness in her tummy was new. I pulled her to me and wrapped both arms around her and put my hands where the baby was growing. Betts leaned back against me. "It's a miracle, isn't it?" she whispered.

I don't know where they came from, but tears splashed down on Betts' shoulder. I realized they were mine.

"She killed our baby," I whispered. "She was so desperate she tried to kill herself. I wasn't ready for a baby, but I would have done anything for her and for our child. She could only see the tragedy, the pain, the fear. I hate her for that. And I can't stop loving her." Betts turned in my arms and held my head against her shoulder while I cried.

"She was fifteen, Brian. Don't be too harsh on her. Remember that you love her and one day it will work out. You have no idea how frightening this experience can be. Even with Allen in a good-paying job. Even with our loving relationship, parents, and home. Even though I wanted this more than anything. It's frightening. A few days ago Allen went to work and I sat down in the room that is going to be the nursery and cried all day long because I was so frightened. But he came home and he loved me and I knew it would be okay. Just love her Brian. Just love her."


I got up early on Christmas morning and went to the kitchen to make cinnamon rolls. Once I had those rising, I mixed up bread dough for Christmas dinner and started scrubbing and cutting vegetables and potatoes. The whole time, I was carrying on a conversation with Rhonda in my mind. It wasn't unusual. I'd been talking to her every morning at 4:30 since she took over my paper route. It seemed natural to me to tell her what I was thinking and to tell her I loved her.

I know things are still difficult for you, honey, but we're all still here. Sam is so sad that you are away from her. She really loves you. So do Jennifer and Courtney. I think a lot about the time you said this was our special time and would one day be when you and I were making love while our other lovers were still asleep. It's easy for me to imagine that Sam, Courtney, and Jen are those other lovers you were referring to. But I know it could as easily be Whitney, Rose, and Cassie. The thing is, none of us feel complete without you. Well, it's Christmas morning. I bought you some truffles. They're on my desk. I wish I was with you to give them to you and tell you from the bottom of my heart that I still love you. Merry Christmas, Rhonda.

"Do you talk to her every morning?" my sister whispered. I practically jumped out of my skin. Had I been talking out loud? "It's okay, brother. Oh my goodness! Are you making cinnamon rolls? You'll be the best uncle my little girl could ever have."

"Is it a little girl?" I asked, relieved that Betts dropped her original question.

"I think so. Allen thinks she's a boy, but I know better."

"Got names picked out yet?"

"No. We're just adjusting to the fact I'm pregnant. What should I do to help get the food ready?" It was almost seven.

"When are the in-laws coming over?"

"Eight."

"Perfect. The cinnamon rolls will be ready and you can pour the mimosas. I haven't cut the melon or washed the berries yet. You could work on that."

"Thank you for coming to help make the first Christmas in my new home so special, little brother."


The day had been pretty calm. I was relieved that the gift-giving was pretty low key. I got a nice electric frying pan for Betts and Allen that almost broke my personal bankroll. This wasn't like the little crockpot I gave her. This was a serious pan with an oil core. I was going to have to teach her how to use it before I left. Mom and Dad had chipped in but they got Betts a waffle-maker and a new coffee pot as well. I gave Mom and Dad a photo I'd had framed of me with my girlfriends last spring before everything went to hell. I also gave them a certificate for one dinner party and one night with me out of the house. I grinned. That one would work two ways.

I was flat-out shocked when they gave me a certificate for one night with them out of the house. They also gave me some clothes and a little toy phone. I looked at them and realized they were putting a phone extension in my room. Betts and Allen gave me a gift certificate to Williams Sonoma. Oh boy! Kitchen toys!

After dinner, I went out on the back deck during a break in the rain and just looked out at all the lush green around me. Indiana was pretty much black and white at this time of year. Of course, we had sunshine.

I didn't really hear her approach, but I sort of felt her presence. I turned to look at Addison. She had her arms crossed over her meagre chest and was looking at me with something approaching a sneer. Oh, shit. Here it comes.

"How can a shrimpy little kid like you attract a girlfriend?" I prayed that Betts would forgive me.

"How's a girl with no tits attract a boyfriend?"

"You fucking son of a bitch. How dare you?"

"You've been gunning for me ever since I got here and the first thing you actually say to me challenges how I can have a girlfriend. You want to exchange insults? Go ahead. I'll give you one for every one you make. I've had a long time to get used to them. I probably know more of them than you do. Call me a geek. A pencil-dick. Say I'm Alfred E. Neuman. If we were back in second grade you could call me four-eyes but I'm wearing contacts now. I'll still allow it. Then you can start with body odor, pimples, tell me I'm a boy soprano. You might try the crooked front tooth, big ears, big nose, bad haircut. Can you think of any others? I can go on. You're an amateur compared to the people who have teased and insulted me all my life. I can make them up on the fly. Want to hear more?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.