Ginny
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2014 by Pappy

I am not sure if it was the sea air, the long flight or the workout my lovelies foisted on me, but I ate breakfast like the proverbial horse. For some unknown reason my vote to add China and Russia to the mix was positive right now. Could one night with Mei and Nadia influence me. Damn straight it could. Deep down though I knew I would support whatever way the Daimlers voted. Dieter and Diane, even Reinhart had always supported me, could I do any less than to support them?

We had some introductions around breakfast, the kiss from Countess Von Falberg, Reinhart’s arms around Dieter and my shoulders as he introduced us to the partners and the seating arrangement with Dieter on one side and Diane and I on the other pre-empted most questions. One was asked of Diane. What was her name again? it was a question Reinhart would answer with a scowl clearly visible. “She is my daughter, the Countess Von Falberg. The young man from Fiat was then called out for an important call. He did not return and if one was keeping score, it was Germany One, Italy Zed.

Reinhart was just winding up. He looked pleased, perhaps Diane was even beaming at what her father had done. I know I was impressed and Dieter showed a smile too.

Reinhart spoke. “We have some business to attend to this morning. Then if we may be excused some MB and Daimler family items that I know you will not be interested in hearing. So let me start and we shall hear from each of you, of your vote and questions on the issues, if any.”

He made a motion with his hand and Mei and Nadia walked into the room. They stood on the side.

“Whatever is said will be said with both present. We have gone too far with this to meekly fade into secrecy. If any of you feel differently, you may excuse yourself without prejudice. Let each state their name, title, company and if you have the power to cast your vote right now.”

“I am Reinhart Daimler, CEO of Daimler Worldwide Enterprises, I, along with my family control the majority shares of this and all its subsidiary companies.”

“I am the Countess Von Falberg, President of Daimler AG and CEO of the Smart II endeavors as well as a Daimler family member.”

“I am Dieter Daimler, Vice-President of Daimler AG also CEO and President of Mercedes-Benz-America and a Daimler family member.”

“I am Paul Jacobs, CEO and owner of P B & J Enterprises and will vote today.”

“I am Tomo Yakamoshi, President of Honda Motors, World Enterprises. Our CEO wishes to offer his apologies for not attending but I represent more than 51% of outstanding Honda shares and am authorized to vote on this today.”

“I am Fredrico Ferrari, I am aide to my father who is CEO of Fiat Worldwide Enterprises and am authorized to vote today for more than 51% of the company stock.”

“I am Pierre Godot, I am representing Renault in this, I am part of our Legal staff and will have to recommend the course of any action here to the executive committee before any vote.”

“Very good then, Messr. Godot, perhaps you would be so kind as to excuse yourself from this meeting, We appreciate your coming and a plane will take you back to Paris or wherever else you wish to go.”

They both bowed and left the room.

“I would like to introduce the representatives from the Peoples Republic and the Russian Federation. Both are known to me and will, I am certain, will answer any questions you may have to the best of their ability. Paul is in attendance here because of announcements which will be upcoming later in our family meetings and because I wanted him here. Any Questions about that so far. Good. The representatives from the prospective partners wish a few words before we go around for a vote. Ladies!”

“Thank you Herr Daimler. Nadia and I both wish, on behalf of our governments, to thank you for considering us to join you in this venture. China will fund, with dollars, marks or gold all costs for both ourselves and Russia. The exact agreement between our countries should not concern you. I offer this certified draft for $10 Billion, $5 Billion for each of our governments as an indication of our willingness to join you. Nadia?”

“Thank you Herr Daimler, Mei Li. My government is in full agreement with this venture. Like our friends in the Peoples Republic what we will focus on is that segment what we most need which will be the utility and ‘green’ vehicles, at least for the first five years. We are ready to manufacture parts and sub-components for you to assemble and will allow any imported SMART vehicle to be free of duty and taxes for ten years or more. Thank you again.”

In so many words they had put their money where their mouth was and now it was up to us to say aye or nay.

“To recap, Each partner will fund this venture with $5 Billion each year for five years. Specific territories will be exclusive, now France and South America will be available to replace any area Renault might have wanted. All expenses, new construction and financing is the responsibility of each partner for their territory. In the event targets and milestones are not met in a specific year, the remedy shall be completed by the 12 months following the deficit and if not met, membership in this venture will terminate. All this has already been covered with your legal.’

Again head nods.

“We vote now. Mr. Yakamoshi, how do you vote”

“Honda must say nay.”

“Mr. Ferrari how do you vote?”

“Fiat must say nay.”

“Mr. Daimler, son, how do you vote?”

“Mercedes-Benz-America votes aye”

“Countess Von Falberg, daughter, how do you vote?”

Mercedes Enterprises votes aye.”

Mr. Jacobs, how do you vote?”

“P B & J votes aye.”

“Daimler Worldwide Enterprises votes aye. The Peoples Republic and Russia are our partners in this venture, welcome!”

Everyone was smiling, even those who voted no. I was confused until the Countess leaned over and gave me a kiss that would launch a battleship.

“Please enjoy yourselves. This is a wonderful day for us all and we will do everything in our power to see you have a good time except cover your gambling losses. At least if they get too large. If the Daimler family will remain please.” (It was not a question.)

I kissed Diane back, and started to leave. She took hand my hand in hers and had me sit back down.

When drinks and a snack were served, the next meeting began.

“It has come to my attention that Daimler Worldwide Enterprises, a consortium my family has owned or operated for nearly 200 years has become complacent and lacks the vibrancy it was founded with. Based on recommendations and suggestions from our new leadership and our recently regainingg operating control, I have issued a strict guideline that effective immediately operating and investment budgets will be reduced by at least 10%. I have also instituted a reward and bonus program based on any and all reductions to the actual budgets above the 10% threshold. Questions? Good. Now then we get to some important issues. I am getting tired, older and tired. As I am sure you know Helga and I have had our issues. We need to work them out or resolve things another way. My companion (Mistress) Christine and I have parted ways too. (A look of glee on Diane’s face.) On an interim basis I would like my son Dieter to manage all the non Mercedes companies and my daughter all the MB and related companies. This, if you all agree, would become permanent in one year.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.