Castaway: Von's Haven
Chapter 52

Copyright© 2014 by Feral Lady

Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story: Chapter 52 - Von finds himself dropped into a medieval world alone. A head injury steals his memory and the meager supply from an escape pod won't take him far. He must find civilization and survive until rescued. His training has not prepared him for what is coming. Yet, the A.I. survived in the crippled ship in orbit and it's working to keep him alive.

Caution: This Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Black Female   White Male   Hispanic Female   Pregnancy   Slow   Sci-Fi time travel story, Man Travels Back in Time sex story, Man Travels in time to a medieval world sex story

One day, late in the evening but before bedtime, Derwen received word her express rider station north of our freehold had to be abandoned. The raiders had split up and one of their sub-groups had taken to the road, seeking more plunder. I was sure my nightly dreams would confirm this movement but if this party was mounted they could enter the freehold anytime. We sent word to Hajin about the southwestern movement of the raiding party and asked him to confer with us at the manor immediately. Another messenger was sent to Grundy, West Branch and Lone Tree calling up each village's militia for an inspection at dawn. The last message went to Lord Oxnot asking him to send some troops to aid us in defending the north border of our freehold from Caldavian Raiders. The neighboring estate lord still owed us a favor for winning the battle at his market village and we were calling it in.

Hajin conferred with us and agreed to march most of his men to the manor in the morning so we could block the approach of our foes. It wasn't a long meeting since we were short on details and it was late at night, with the prospect of a long march in the morning. The estate manager attended our meeting and Derwen gave him instructions for an early morning muster of the estate guards, an alert for the formation of an exploration mission, seeking out the enemies on our border and I felt good about our meetings and preparations. Exhausted, Derwen and I went to bed with Mercedes although none of us were in the mood for any marital relations.

I don't know about Derwen or Mercedes, but I fell asleep immediately. It wasn't much later that I hit my REM state and dreamt. It was still in the middle of the night when I awoke, sweating with discomfort. There was no need to wake my lovers but I had messengers to send out. It was fortunate that Derwen was so disciplined in keeping a messenger available even in the middle of the night. I found the man playing cards in the servant quarters with the night footman and the night maid. The footman woke up the estate manager and I had him listen to my instructions to the messenger so I didn't have to deal with the issue twice tonight.

My dreams confirmed that a large raiding party was camping on the country road in the freehold north of us. The road was off the highway and it connected with our freehold, with no other villages in their path. The troubling news wasn't the raiders but that a large contingent of warriors and laborers left Port City in the dead of the night. Why would Katsu's husband send troops west under cover of darkness? I feared he was making a surprise attack on our estate or perhaps demanding Katsu's "release." There were no raiders west of Port City and all was quiet on the coastal road. I sent the messenger off to Hajin telling him to only send the rangers and another squad of marines to the manor in the morning. I left it to the estate manager to contact Lord Oxnot as a courtesy. The elderly estate manager and I discussed potential defensive strategies given my intention to lead men against the raiding party coming south.

My mind was too alert to return to the warmth of my bed, so I fetched a piece of day-old bread out of the kitchen pantry to the discomfiture of the kitchen maid. She didn't expect me to do things for myself and the woman stayed by my side once I'd stepped across the boundary into her domain. I was sure she was afraid of a reprimand from Ridgeworth or the cook if somehow this exercise of my prerogative became known. I munched on the bread, as much to feed my nervousness as my stomach. The twin threat to the estate confused me. The Port Lord's move was too brazen, while the Raiders' advance predictable. No true force had compelled the Caldavians to fight, other than against the first defenders of the small port towns; that was expected.

It further ruffled the night maid when I kissed her on the cheek and told her not to worry, instructing her to return to check on the house. She departed quickly, her fingers against her cheek, looking pleased as much as surprised. I darted up the servant's stairway and let myself into Ridgeworth's room, the senior maid's overtures of need and desire at the forefront of my mind. A single candle burned in the windowless room and it flickered in the draft caused by the movement of the door. I was not sad to see Ridgeworth's eye snap open at the sound of the cranky hinges. Not moving from the closed door, I let her eyes adjust to the dim light, then awareness of my presence dawned in her eyes and she lifted the blankets, all but inviting me into her bed. I shed my clothes and spent the rest of the night with her. Derwen was going to be pleased with me, for Ridgeworth was a dear friend.

Weaver's miracle recovery was the current whisper campaign around me. The household staff was not aware of my keen hearing, and most days I heard some reference to body magic or ears from the maids. The fervor in the temple was certainly at a fever pitch and I'd avoided visiting it. The increasing looks of longing from women in the village was enough of a reminder to me to stay away from the priestesses and acolytes, and I had so much on my mind that finding comfort in the manor was enough for me.

I'd have liked to get some rest but Ridgeworth was very possessive of my time. When we finally separated, she went off to continue her normal routine. I felt Derwen awaken through our mindlink, so I went to spend time with her as the babies were fed. She must have felt some curiosity about my afterglow but my wife didn't ask. Ridgeworth was likely to make a full report after I departed with the men. "Why spoil the surprise," I thought.

At dawn I rode out to check the assembled militia members at the site of my forge. All three local villages sent their watch members, along with all the retired mercenaries that resided in their communities. Each watch commander put the villagers into separate ranks and according to villages. West Branch had the smallest watch and highest number of retired mercenaries. The old mercenaries stood tall, reminiscent of their days in the service to the company, but most of the retired warriors were in no shape to march at the pace of the younger men. The retired men wore their leather armor proudly, round shields on their backs, swords belted to their waists. I could see pride in the company men, the eyes and posture spoke of years of experience.

I walked among the men and explained the situation in a way that would motivate them; how raiders were approaching us from the north and the best place to face an incursion was at the stone bridge over the river that divided the two freeholds. I promised them we would stay within our freehold because my paranoid self didn't believe they'd follow if I asked them to cross the boundary. The freehold charter clearly stated the pact with the estate lord was taking up arms to defend their land. I am sure some nobles would freely interpret the language more broadly; perhaps that is why there were a large number of levies with the northern lords. I honestly didn't feel responsible for people outside of my homestead or freehold enough to force merchants, craftsman and farmers to fight with me. It wasn't like this was the army of Convey.

My explanation of the approaching men from Port City was more cautious because Katsu's ex-husband wasn't popular here. Merchants often shared stories of the city's corruption and graft that increased the cost of goods to the villagers. The failure of the fleet was noticeably on the minds of the locals who were now having to face Caldavian Raiders. Port City was the base of the island's fleet and its lord was responsible for their naval protection. The island's ruling council was seated in Port City and who loves their government? Enough of the villagers knew Derwen and Atum were on opposite sides of the two major factions, for me not to have to say we had an ongoing disagreement with the Port Lord. So, I truthfully said I was concerned about him trying to shift the balance of power within the council by force of arms. The population loved Derwen and liked me, so my message was reasonably acceptable to most and what villager wants to fight another lord over political power?

I called out the retired men from all the militias and told them their duty was to hold the observation tower at all costs. An old sergeant marched the old men, five across, at a slow pace towards the tower. I honestly didn't think Katsu's husband would attack the small fort, so it was a safe bet to allocate the force there. We could shield the pride of these old men and give them a chance to recall their former youth in a tower familiar to them. Defending a tower was the most effective use for them. However, it stripped me of fifty men or about a third of the present militia members. I instructed the rest of the villagers to march to my manor house.

I didn't realize it but the women from the apothecary had come out and listened to my speech and explanations. Holly and the healing priestesses with her announced they were coming with me and the villagers. I hadn't thought about medical services and quickly felt disappointed I'd not thought about the care of the men after the battle. Holly was a trained medic and it wouldn't surprise me if she already had medical kits stored safely away in the apothecary shop. They seemed somewhat surprised that I didn't disagree or argue with them. All I asked of them was to get formal approval from the High Priestess.

A marine messenger had tracked me down and reported Hajin's response to me. The marine remounted with my simple words, "I agree," before racing back to the observation tower.

After returning from viewing the militia, I pulled my horse up just short of the manor and a stable boy quickl appeared by my side to take the reins. Thanking Morita's brother, I calmly walked in through the open manor door. Ridgeworth appeared from the shadow of the door with Derwen by her side. My wife kissed me and waited, her eyes shifting to Ridgeworth with no tilt or nod of her head. Admiring my wife's daring suggestion, I kissed Ridgworth's lips longer than necessary, and with a nod, my wife took me out the back door of the manor; the senior maid tagged along a few steps behind us.

Katsu, Mercedes, and Derwen had breakfast with me on the back porch, while the children were with a couple of acolytes in the house. I reported my dreams, as was now customary and they seemed very interested, as if I was a serial video series. Each day's reports of the weather, ship movements and random events from foreign shores delighted my lovers. Of course, the strange marching force from Port City captured their imagination, and a smattering of ideas fired from their mouths with excitement. Maids liked to listen in on the report of my dreams, passing the privileged knowledge throughout the manor and surely to the entire manor estate, eventually. It was not surprising that Ridgeworth stood behind Derwen and two young maids stood behind me, giving the appearance of proper servants, as I spewed the vital information.

The first troops to arrive at our manor were a unit of Hajin's men with a contingent from Lord Oxnot's estate. Moving much slower was our freehold's militia; some might call them levies. The militia was a combination of the village watches, but the largest segment was from Lone Tree. The Lone Tree men were the best drilled and the best armed among the mob of called up levies. Since Lone Tree was actually on Derwen's estate, they were the richest local community. These watch members had good boots, leggings, the same yellow capes and superior quality weapons.

Most of the Lone Tree men carried a long, thrusting spear, a shield, a dagger, and an assortment of different helmet styles with a few longbows mixed in the crowd. With the militia were most of the teenagers I had been training. I could make them out by the green, wool cape they had just received. The rest of the levies wore little armor and carried an odd assortment of weapons. I was glad for Derwen's foresight to pay for a distinctive, round shield for every village watch member. The watch-shield identified a member of the village's policing force.

Unlike most combined village militias, from a distance this group of men would look like a formed unit of regular warriors. I hoped to make use of their uniformity to deceive any foes we met. Deceit was needed since this was the largest group of men we had. "Let them see what they believe, not what we believe to be real," I thought.

Most of our estate guards would stay at their normal duties. Besides the ranger-guards I was taking twenty regular estate guards to give backbone to the militia. The elderly estate manager would remain at the manor to protect my wife and family. By default the temple would be protected given its close proximity to the manor house and I couldn't see anyone from Port City defiling it, along with the fact that the female temple guards weren't just decorations at the door.

My ten ranger-guards stood by their horses, outside the stables, ready to move out. They wore their standard manor armor, leather vests, light weight leather pants, and riding boots. I told them not to wear their mail armor, hoping I wasn't making a mistake. Since horses were at a premium, I wanted light cavalry armed with pups, not a few heavy horsemen for some shock value. A set of fast-moving flankers could mess up an enemy formation or serve as a ready reserve able to reach a breach in our lines quickly.

Derwen took matters into her own hands and assigned two estate guards as my personal bodyguards. She had selected her two best swordsmen. Both ebony men were bulky brutes with barrel chests, impressive warriors to have at your back. My wife convinced me that leading a large contingent of men required I look the part of an armoured-up lord, therefore the bodyguards and I were outfitted with mail shirts and a segmented cuirass. The cuirass had shoulder-plated armor, a breastplated piece, and a back plate, which sort of made me feel like a lobster. A mail hood went over our heads to check cuts to the head and a rounded helmet with an open face fit over the mail head-hood. The bodyguards took the black leather gloves Derwen gave us, but I wouldn't wear them.

I knew these were very expensive sets of armor and the added weight didn't bother me, but I felt a bit disappointed my water reservoir wouldn't work unless I fit it externally. My wife told me that would destroy the look. So, I hid the camelback in my gear with the horse. What she didn't know wouldn't hurt me. Derwen also had a special set of plated greaves made to fit my smaller frame and limited height. For once it would be nice not to wear a chainmail dress.

Hajin allocated the fifteen ranger-marines and ten regular marines I wanted as a supplement to our exploratory force. All the marines rode mules. They were in effect my mounted infantry, carrying their own weapons, food, and tents. These hand picked warriors represented his best men, steady and all bloodied due to working with me in the past. Some of the men had even fought with me on the mainland. The rest of the men had recently killed raiders with me at the ambush and in the fishing village fight. All of the men were equipped with pups and their standard marine gear, lacking only a shield. The rest of Hajin's training company were recruits, who were well trained, but lacking in the critical emotional steel that resulted from surviving combat, and the stains of blood imprinted on a man's mind.

Hajin couldn't in good conscience allocate more men with the Port Lord's band approaching. He would need a sufficient garrison for the observation tower and the fort, intending to keep his least experienced troops static with their instructors. The older men from the militia, that I didn't want, would assist the fort's garrison holding the palisade wall.

The mercenary commander would lead the rest of his men, consisting of horse mounted troops and the Wolf Carts. Our plan was to scout the Port Lord and use Hajin in command of the mobile reserve. He could move to support the fort, the manor or Lone Tree as needed. We really didn't think anyone but raiders would move on our villages. Lord Oxnot wasn't expecting any trouble from the Port Lord, but I was told by one of his sergeants that the old man had sent out scouts along with dispatching a messenger to the force, trying to understand why the unusual troop movements were heading towards Lord Oxnot's freehold.

The standard estate guards assembled with their complete warrior kits rather than their normal manor gear. The battle kits were much more impressive: besides their normal leather vests, short-swords, and open-faced, rounded helmets, the warriors carried green, rectangular and semi cylindrical shields with three javelins each. This curved shape shield would protect warriors in the front and sides and a thick, green linen tunic dropped to their knees under their armor whereas normally, the men preferred a short linen shirt that fell just past their waist. A thin chain-linked belt tucked the tunic into the body, with a half-dozen leather straps hanging flat as the men stood still, the dangling straps protecting the front of their thighs and the groin.

The men wore heavier leather greaves, designed to protect the area from ankle to knee. Lightweight compared to metal leggings, leather greaves were comfortable to wear all day. The occasional man had a set of throwing nails with him. A pouch on his waist, or more commonly a thin leather strip around the neck offered the telltale sign of the concealed weapons. Some of the men wore a cotton scarf with a wolf emblem. I recognized them as warriors who had trained in unarmed combat with me.

Our equipment was far superior compared to Lord Oxnot's men. Except for his three men-at-arms accompanying us, the other manor lord's men carried long spears with a round shield, with a couple of the warriors carrying regular, slow-firing crossbows. The common estate guard wore just a short leather vest and a helmet with a nose-guard. One of Oxnot's supply wagons accompanied us too. I had vetoed the use of any wagons from our estate for the fight, except wolf carriages, since they were lightweight and stable, due to their improved springs.

We used our wagons to carry food, the larger tents and our medical support. This greatly reduced the number of wagons a similar size force would use. I wanted a fast-moving column not tied up with logistical issues spread out for miles. On the march, we could count on the mule train's speed to keep the more important equipment close to us, with them carrying extra weapons, tools, and the two-man tents.

Lord Oxnot's token force was a political nod of deference to Lady Derwen and perhaps an attempt to keep me happy. "At least his men-at-arms had warhorses," I thought.

After walking among the men, with the fresh smells of mules and horses assailing my senses, I announced it was time to leave and ushered all the wandering women and children away. Their time for good wishes and sweet goodbyes were over. I suddenly felt choked up. It was my time to kiss my women farewell. Derwen and Katsu felt my turmoil and they calmed me in our mysterious link. Mercedes was not as reserved as the older women and she wept, while holding my children. My heart raced, as I revolved around her for a moment, sucking up her lovely countenance. Kissing her and leaving tore at my emotions. Looking at all the woman at the front door of the manor, sweeping from Derwen to Mercedes, I said, "I love you."

In the next breath I commanded, "Mount up," swinging my leg over my own horse as I rode over to the stable. My two bodyguards were in tow on their own horses, following Derwen's orders to always keep me in their sight.

The ranger-estate guards locked their eyes on me. I announced, "You are our vanguard. Move swiftly to the stone bridge over the Rock River. Don't waste your horses getting there but push them hard." The men put a fist to heart, acknowledging my orders, turned their horses and trotted to the road.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.