Castaway: Von's Haven - Cover

Castaway: Von's Haven

Copyright© 2014 by Feral Lady

Chapter 26

Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story: Chapter 26 - Von finds himself dropped into a medieval world alone. A head injury steals his memory and the meager supply from an escape pod won't take him far. He must find civilization and survive until rescued. His training has not prepared him for what is coming. Yet, the A.I. survived in the crippled ship in orbit and it's working to keep him alive.

Caution: This Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Black Female   White Male   Hispanic Female   Pregnancy   Slow   Sci-Fi time travel story, Man Travels Back in Time sex story, Man Travels in time to a medieval world sex story

After a simple cold breakfast of stale bread and leftover bits of meat Sorcha and I stepped onto the deck. The cargo hold was already open and a growing number of barrels of water were accumulating on the dock; the crew seemed pretty proficient with this process after months of practice. My dream indicated a set of storms building out to sea with a high probability one would hit the island in a few days, but we would be at the estate long before the bad weather.

The cloud cover was almost completely above the port, sea birds swarming fishing boats as they rode the tide out of the harbor. My restful evening and peaceful attitude compelled me to walk to the ship's stern and watch the busy activity of the ships and boats. Sorcha followed me but she left me to my own thoughts. My nose caught a breeze of wind and the smell of fresh bread filled my head for a moment.

I said, "There must be a bakery near here."

My mysterious companion responded, "Yes, a small shop that services seamen is located just at the end of the dock." My stomach decided a scone or fresh biscuit with a glass of milk would move the day to an even better start.

Sorcha trailed me down the gangway where the ten recruit marines waited for me, each carrying all their gear, loot and quarterstaff. Another squad of marines sitting on mules lined the end of the wharf. A similar number of chain mail covered city guards with long pikes stood at ease near the mules. The seamen from other ships stopped to watch the curious sight and the eyes of the city seemed to follow me as I walked to the mule marines. No one crowded me; actually I think people were keeping their distance from me. "Perhaps they remember my last few visits to the Port City."

The marines were all men I knew from past encounters but no Hajin. Each marine had an unloaded pup hung on the saddle. A bandolier of bolts hung on their backs along with a small round shield. The men all wore leather armor, which the marines seemed to favor.

The marine sergeant took me aside and said, "We didn't expect any trouble from the port guard this trip. Hajin and the training company are waiting for us outside the city."

His comment took me by surprise, "The whole company?" The large ebony man smiled, "Training exercise, sir."

My paranoid mind wondered if trouble was waiting for me outside the city. "What new politics are in play?" I wondered.

Shifting my rucksack to remove an itch, I said, "Well let's visit the bakery before we leave. Any marine who wants a scone, biscuit or loaf of bread will find I am buying."

The man looked down on me with an even broader smile, responding, "The men will appreciate that, Lord Solon."

After we wiped out the bakery of its fresh goods and I downed my glass of milk the escort formed up and I was given a horse to ride. The recruits led the way on a casual march through the city. The city guard followed and our mule marines trailed at the rear. The procession naturally stopped traffic and the normal muted whispers and pointed fingers at me no longer affected my confidence. The gate guards gave us preferential treatment and, we exited the city unmolested. An impatient string of merchants who were stalled at the gate looked on with scowls, waiting for our passage.

Sorcha didn't leave the city with us; she bid us a safe journey and asked me to look her up at the Earth Mother temple in Conquest Point if I visited. Her interest in me and her role in my life remained a mystery.

Hajin and another squad of mule riders waited at the end of the line of merchants. I swung my leg over my horse and jumped down. We greeted each other arm to arm, each of us gripping the other tightly as warriors like to do. My forearm was red where his fingers squeezed me and I shook the blood back into my arm; laughing he did the same.

"A whole company of men, Hajin?" I asked.

He grinned and said, "Derwen is making a political statement. This is but a reminder to those watching you of the strength of her position. We do not foresee any specific security issues."

We talked by the side of the road for some time, guard men on the city walls ever watching us. Heavy booted merchants stomping by our men, moving slowly taking in the scene. I can only imagine the strangeness of the sight to them, a short pale white skinned man surrounded by warriors. "Something for the rumor mongers to wonder about," I thought. Hajin's intimidating eyes warded off merchants staring too long for his comfort. By mutual agreement we saddled up and departed the city area. Smartly turned out marines lined the side of the road, letting us pass with the mounted troops. To a man, the marines saluted me.

At a familiar road crossing Wolf carts waited for us with another squad of horsemen. Seeing the entire company of men here for me felt a little odd but the attention did not feel totally uncomfortable. I felt like a prince with his band of men attending him. Hajin was a formidable man, his calculating eyes taking in every detail, so it didn't surprise me when he asked about the training squad and the new quarter staffs as we walked our animals side by side down the dirt road. Our conversation touched on all their training, the raid on the slaver camp, and the ambush of the second raiders in the meadow. I didn't hold anything back about the methods used to toughen up the recruits or how they had fared in the limited combat the marines experienced. He was really pleased at the extent of the training, the excitement showed in his low, smooth command voice. When he thought I had nothing else to add I mentioned sinking the two warships. It was going to come out when his recruits made their report so it wasn't something I could leave out.

Shifting in my crude saddle, trying to get my bony bottom a more comfortable position, I said, "Do not count of me sinking ships anytime I want, Hajin. It was a special set of magical conditions and it requires incredible power."

Hajin shook his head, saying, "Wish I could have seen that. Nothing but debris left you say?"

A silence passed between us, I only nodded an affirmative to him. Hajin changed subjects and notified me of an immense interest in the wolf carts by various nobles. Derwen had told inquiring nobles a visiting master craftsman developed them on her estate but that he left for the mainland. Hajin informed me the three villages around Derwen's estate would like access to a few. Since my desire was to create some local demand so craftsmen would seek me out, it seemed my hopes might bear fruit. I told Hajin of my desire to recruit some young freemen to join Juniper Hills and deepen my pool of talent. Hajin's critical gazes told me his mind was working the problem but we didn't speak about it anymore on the trip to the estate.

My eagerness to see Derwen grew as more familiar landmarks came into view. Finally my patience with the slow march came to an end, and I thanked Hajin for the company escort but I told him it was time to push ahead with the riders. He played with his mustache and agreed to let me push on with just the squad of horsemen. The ground became wet as we entered the estate, the cloud cover must have released a shower on the property and we could see various people working in the fields, toiling with the mud. The men and women struggled against nature and their given tasks. "So like Juniper Hills. Every member of the community faced with the simple proposition, work to get fed."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.