Castaway: Von's Haven - Cover

Castaway: Von's Haven

Copyright© 2014 by Feral Lady

Chapter 8

Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Von finds himself dropped into a medieval world alone. A head injury steals his memory and the meager supply from an escape pod won't take him far. He must find civilization and survive until rescued. His training has not prepared him for what is coming. Yet, the A.I. survived in the crippled ship in orbit and it's working to keep him alive.

Caution: This Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Black Female   White Male   Hispanic Female   Pregnancy   Slow   Sci-Fi time travel story, Man Travels Back in Time sex story, Man Travels in time to a medieval world sex story

As the end of the day approached, we were almost back at the stone warehouse and dock, when we were caught in a sudden warm rain shower. My two women were standing at the bow of the boat, looking out for familiar faces on the dockside. A sea of faces around the dock and Lady Derwen's merchant ship formed a large welcoming committee. They had plenty of time to gather, as it's not as if a mule-guided barge is fast, especially as the crew poled to avoid grounding in shallow water. At the stern of the boat, Tharin and I sat on a couple of empty food crates, watching over proceedings.

Tharin, now back in his armor, presented an appropriate image of a bodyguard with his brows furrowed, showing his discomfort a little. I had put on my ill-fitting mail shirt and did not like the strange sensation and the heaviness that I wasn't used to. Palus had convinced me to put the armor on for appearances' sake, even if its length was more like a short dress. Palus's opinion about how to present myself to the Marsh People, revised my normal decision-making and I let her win the argument. Swarta and the barge crew had echoed Palus's opinion on the matter, so with their chorus of encouragement I put on the metal dress. The armor looked heavy, but I moved in it with ease, which made Tharin a little jealous since he moved awkwardly in his. I still wore my traditional fanny pack and rucksack gear but I carried my survival axe on my belt now. The small black axe impressed all the men as another one of my magical items. Palus and Swarta had seen it when I cleaned my packs at the wizard pool.

A few of my indentures on the dock dropped a wooden plank on the middle of the barge for us to shuffle off. Tharin stepped off and posted himself just to one side of the gangplank on the dock. Excited dock workers tied up the barge and I nodded to my bargemen, curtly dismissing them to go ashore before Palus, Swarta and I followed. The ladies were still fussing with their leather backpacks as I approached them and I gave them a long hungry look. The white linen shirts they wore were dripping wet and hugged every curve and feature of their delicious bodies. The shoulder harness and straps of the backpacks pressed their breasts together, with their pert nipple headlights causing me to freeze in position.

They looked at each other, aware of the effect that their form had on me, and it pleased them to tease me as they walked to the top of the plank. Each, in turn, kissed my cheek and pressed their wet chest against my naked arm. I gave a slight chuckle and said, "Well, that's our first rain shower together."

They swung their curvy hips and slowly sashayed down the plank and off the boat. For one stupefied moment I grabbed the grip of my rather long clan knife just to release a bit of tension. I decide the shirt length mail shirt had its advantages in problematic situations with females. I arrived at the dock and breathed easier when the Galit was there to greet me.

The tension rolled off me and my shoulders relaxed slightly. I stepped towards him with a wide smile saying, "My gracious host, we have returned as I promised Lady Derwen."

The elderly man smiled back and gave me an ever so slight bow. "Lady Derwen mentioned she expected your arrival within a few days. She is aboard her vessel with Captain Hajin waiting out the rain shower." His eyes drifted to Swarta's chest and I felt some jealousy rise within me. I quickly reined myself in, but still almost snapped out, "Your daughter brings a tonic we created in my wizard's kettle. She wishes to tell you what we intend with our investigation."

His eyes rolled to his youngest daughter as she said, "Father with some wizard's water and Wolf Bark powder we have a new medicine for Marsh Fever." Palus quirked a smile and with an upbeat note in her voice she continued, "I intend to treat the sick in our village today. When it proves to be a success I will call a healers council meeting and provide training so that the tonic is handled correctly."

The Galit's eyes narrowed saying, "Your three little nieces have the shaking and we think they have the fever."

Palus's eyes pierced me. "I must go, Von." and as I nodded agreement, she strode off through the small crowd of tall men and women.

Swarta said, "My Lord Solon, we will need a barrel of..."

I interrupted, "Juniper Hill's water. Yes, Palus will need it. We decided to call our homestead Juniper Hill due to all the evergreen trees and bushes." I turned to my barge crew and picked out the middle age woman member, saying, "Please select three or four of my local indentured servants and take two barrels of water to Palus in the village." She was one of the new widows that were present when I played being a wizard brewing hot potions and announced the Marsh Fever elixir. "Take a few minutes to see if you favor any of my men, perhaps even to discuss our new stronghold policy," I said with a twinkle in my eye. A broad smile of crowded and twisted teeth came with an unexpected and a quick hug. The unattached widow moved with confidence towards some dock workers. I am sure one of my indentures would be leaving the marsh to establish a new stronghold with her soon.

The Galit walked Tharin and me to the small merchant ship tied up by the warehouse. I noticed Swarta dropped back a discreet distance whilst following us. Her burst of tears ended just as suddenly as it began.

"I wonder what is going through her mind. Perhaps it's what women do around the Galit, " I thought.

"Your new homestead has stirred up my three wives which is most uncommon. It is my understanding you have invited recently widowed older women to join your household," he said with an arched eyebrow. I puckered my lips, my mind struggling to see where he was leading me. "I am pleased you are helping me ensure these women are protected and fed. Normally older women at the end of their child-bearing age have difficulty finding a provider. Men are reluctant to bring an older woman in as second wife when the first wife is younger. The younger wife is often hard on the more experienced woman and the husband suffers much. Of course younger unattached men want the feel of a woman their age." I shrugged waiting for the unspoken point.

We hesitated at the boarding plank to Lady Derwen's ship so he could continue talking. Hajin and Derwen stood under a tarp on the deck. He laughed, saying, "What interests my wives and now me," he paused for effect, "is why there is no open invitation for young women? A stream of low caste women who still live with their father and mother are coming into the main village to petition my wives for help in joining your homestead. I grow tired of the constant disruption to my peace." The crowd was suddenly silent. They had followed us to the ship and I was sure that every ear was listening intently at how the strange short wizard would answer.

"Now I know his wives sent him and he doesn't want to be here, nor deal with this problem. I need to remind him I am only his guest, " I thought.

"My dear host, I am but a young man and know little of the ways of women. With a coy look they make my knees tremble. I certainly enjoy looking upon the features of young women, but I fear their wrath," I said as I stretched out my arms with palms out to the crowd. A great laugh erupted among the older men. The Galit gave me a father's smile as I continued my response, "Older women bring with them the knowledge I need in founding my home. We are few in number, so with the dangers of the wilderness, I have sought women who know life is a struggle and are not burdened with children. We recently struggled to repel a slaver attacker."

The crowd seemed to understand my point. I saw many nodding heads. "I am living under the stars, laying my head on grass with but a blanket for comfort. When I have truly settled our little corner of the wilderness I will want to see young maidens and children running among my hall," I finished.

He wasn't pleased I had not solved his wife problem.

"Swarta, milady, please precede me up the gangway," I said loudly. She bounced up the narrow board not looking at us.

The Galit said loud enough for all to hear, "A lord's right is to be savored in your own hall, son. Never forget the privileges of being headman." His eyes followed Swarta's form until she disappeared onto the deck, and then he left me.

"This is such a strange place. I am sure I am missing something, " I thought as Tharin followed me up the plank.

As we reached the top of the plank, Lady Derwen was talking with a fishmonger about loading her hold for departure in three or four days. I waited patiently next to Hajin, and some instinct led me to hold Swarta's hand as we remained silent until the salesman left.

I bowed to the ebony woman as she faced me with a pleasant grin. "As beautiful as ever Lady Derwen. I have returned to meet your friends and family," I said, briefly sliding over to kiss her hand. "She has been nice to me and I need her good will, " I thought.

Her face erupted into a broad smile and she kissed my forehead. "Such a fine young gentleman. I like handsome men who keep their promises and arrive on time. Both traits are hard to find in this world." I didn't miss her emphasis and wondered if she found out something about me since our last meeting.

Swarta squeezed my hand tightly and murmured, "He still knows little of women, Lady Derwen, and our intentions," as some silent communication was passed between them.

"Is Swarta feeding me back what I said on the dock? " I pondered.

The ship's crew was teeming with activity around the cargo hold. "Did the ship recently arrive in port, Hajin?" I said, nodding my head towards the activity.

"Aye lad. We tied up at the dock just before your barge came into sight." A loud banging in the hold was distracting.

Lady Derwen spoke up, "This is the normal summer shipment of supplies from Convey that the Galit contracts. We pick up a load of fresh fish, live crawfish, waterfowl, and some grasses for delivery to my estates."

I pointed to my barge, "Would you have room for those barrels full of fresh water. I wanted to see if there could be a market for it in Convey," I babbled.

Hajin was bemused and Lady Derwen was reserved and thoughtful, before saying, "I think there is a story here. Ships store water but never have I heard of it shipped to be sold. Are you telling me you see a market where sage merchants see none?"

Up to this point Tharin had been wandering near the busy cargo hold, turned to Derwen and simply said, "Wizard's Water."

I felt compelled to correct him, "Juniper Hill water."

Hajin and Lady Derwen's eyebrows rose as Swarta contributed, "You have to try it in either the pure form or as Juniper tea."

Lady Derwen looked at me and jokingly said, "Well Hajin have the men carefully load a barrel of the wizard's water. I do not want it breaking and sinking my ship. We cannot be too careful around the world's only wizard."

I laughed and said, "Juniper Hill water. I call my home Juniper Hill."

Over dinner Swarta left to make Juniper tea with the ship's cook. Derwen's cabin boy filled our pewter tankards with our water. The boy was sweating, careful not to spill a drop. "Someone heard the wizard water can sink the ship and he doesn't know how much it takes to slosh on the deck, " I thought and laughed out loud, startling the boy so he spilled some water on the floor. His face went red with worry and playfully I said to him, "You have to spill a whole barrel before it has any effect on the ship. And then it's the wizard's loss of profit that causes an explosion." The rest of my dinner partners caught on to my act and they followed with broad grins. The boy backed out of the cabin just as Swarta carried two hot cups of tea to the table. The mint scent from the table candles covered the harbor's smell.

Swarta nodded encouragement to Derwen to drink and they both sipped the slightly bitter tea together. Tharin and I had a good gulp of our water and we waited for our companions to comment. Hajin drank the tankard deeply and said, "A most unique flavor. I like it."

Lady Derwen looked into her blue purple tea and coaxed Swarta. "How is this different from the men's water?" Derwen's face a neutral mask as she drank a small sip from her tankard, it turned to a thin smile.

"This is a traditional tea served to a woman visiting a safehold. The pure water has a freshness that I cannot explain or describe in comparison to regular water," Swarta answered.

Intrigued, Derwen pressed Swarta, "Tradition of a safehold?"

Tharin jumped in, "A woman's home in Lord Solon's homestead is called a safehold. There is more to the tea but the women won't tell the men; they say it is a clan woman's secret." He said with finality as if that answered everything.

"We will speak of this later, Swarta, with your Lord's permission," she said looking me straight in the eyes so as not to be denied.

"Of course, Milady. You are a friend and ally. Friends help friends. They also keep their secrets. Do they not?" Swarta replied with a slight nod of her head.

Except for the candle-light, the cabin was dim and I could not see a reason for Lady Derwen adjusting her black corset armor so often. I watched, mesmerized as her ample breasts swelled with each motion. She stopped fussing with her outfit after a short while and lifted her eyes back to me. "I like new traditions; they can be sold if they have the right person presenting them. The tea has a very unusual taste of minerals with a slightly tart bite. A whiff of pine scent rises on the steam. Yes, the water will sell. We will carry it to Convey and I will buy the entire stock from you before we leave." Hajin's eyes widened and I waited for him to speak, but he did not. A little embarrassed, I gave a shy, "Thank you. Milady."

Wheels were clearly in motion in Lady Derwen's head. She looked down and adjusted her leather body armor again. "We will invite my friends and family to meet you by throwing a party," Derwen said, looking around the table, and continued, "I will serve tea to the ladies and Juniper water to all the guests. I believe that will start a demand for your product. Please allow my shipping company to be your sole distributor. We have the only dock and warehouse on the marsh so we can accommodate the trade quickly and quietly, making the source a bit of a mystery. People talk about mysteries and mystics like they do the weather. Always and often. Your special water will be the talk of the island in just a few days. Talk sells interest and interest causes tankards to be drunk." She was totally into selling Juniper water.

"She is not saying anything, perhaps it is something she will only tell me alone. What is she up to?" I thought as I contemplated her body language. I really liked her genuinely delightful eyes.

We talked in Lady Derwen's cabin until late into the night. The candles burned low and the cabin boy fell asleep in the chair by the dark wood cabin door. Hajin was interested mostly about our recent fight with the Caldav. Tharin grumbled that hadn't gotten any action, since he was positioned with the women and children.

Derwen, squinting in the low light, was a trifle more interested in my decision-making, my rationale for various policies, our safeholds, and emphasis on older women for my village. I let Swarta talk about the fighting and I responded to questions about the village and the struggles of founding my homestead. Lady Derwen and I worked out a supply deal, which would help my homestead. We let the final costs and future payments float until our water was distributed widely on Convey. The ship gently rocked and it was a very peaceful night with friends.

Hajin and Tharin stood up, Swarta looked at me and I nodded for her to go ahead and make our bed and that I would follow shortly. Something nagged at my subconscious to stay a few minutes to talk with Lady Derwen.

Swarta opened the door and stepped out. Hajin lifted the cabin-boy up gently, cradled him in his arms, and carried him quietly out of the room. Tharin looked tired in his heavy armor as he closed the door on his way out. Only one stubby candle remained to emit a few rays of flickering light in the small cabin. Derwen's ebony features and her black leather armor cast little reflection from her chair, almost hiding her in the deep shadows of the cabin.

Without the departed voices of my companions the room seemed to resonate with the sound of lapping waves and the dull thuds of people walking on the wood deck. The silence and waves memorized me; I felt untroubled. A low soft rustling sound of leather moved in rhythm with the water swells. Wood sliding on wood eventually broke the rustling pattern of the sounds.

A trace of movement by Lady Derwen gave away that she was now standing beside her chair, across the narrow table from me. This private moment felt uncolored by the stress of my life and our duties. No display of power or position linked us and my soul felt free and unburdened.

"How does she do this to me, " I thought. She stood just out of the light, while the candle flickered close to my tankard slightly illuminating me to her. I felt a welling desire to see her eyes and so to capture what she saw in me, yet I wished that no movement or utterance would melt this harmony.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.