Aging Well
Chapter 22 [Sandy writes]

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

I began to work on supper showing Becky how to cut in a manner that was efficient and made pieces the right size. She caught on quickly. As I worked on the rest, I talked about what I was doing and why. I pulled the chicken out and said, “Now you can get rid of all your frustrations!” I showed her how to put the chicken between clear wrap and beat it flat. I said, “This flattens it to tenderize it and make it cook more quickly.” I looked over at the table and said, “Jack, dear, I have a project for you.” He nodded. “In the pantry, get three bags of rice. Put them in that baking dish and fill it with enough water to cover the bags. Put all of that into the microwave. I’ll start it later.”

I started to cook the vegetables and chicken in my wok using fresh spices and some sauces that I like. I looked at them and said, “How hot do you like your food?”

Becky and John said, “Hot!

Pam and Jack said, “Fairly hot. Moderately hot.”

“Okay. We’ll compromise.”

I continued to cook and then pressed the timer button and set the microwave to run. I continued to stir-fry the mixture in the wok. “Jack, darling, get the red and yellow bowls from the below-counter pantry. Set the red one to my left and the yellow one next to the sink.” With thirty seconds left, I turned off the cook-top and emptied the wok into the red bowl. I selected a serving spoon and set it on the table. “Jack, please set five places and select a moderately dry white.” I went to the microwave and grabbed the baking dish. I carried it over to the sink and let each bag drip before I emptied it into the yellow bowl. I selected another serving spoon. I set it on the table while Jack was pouring the wine. We all sat down and Jack prayed for us all and for the food.

I had Pam start the process and pass the bowls until we all had food. She ate a bite and said, “This is so good, it’s sinful. I usually dunk everything oriental in soy sauce but this is perfect. You measured nothing! I’m with Becky. Please teach me how to cook!”

I looked at Jack. “Is it okay, darling?”

He looked at me with a serious demeanor. “It’s only perfect as usual.” He grinned. “Why?”

“You are a rat! I may make you cook your own meals for a week.”

He made a horrified face. “Oh, no! That’s a fate worse than death!”

“You should be more careful about abusing your future wife with your humor.”

He put on such a funny, repentant face and said, “I’m so sorry, dear.”

I started laughing and the other three joined in while Jack tried to look innocent and ate. Pam said, “He has the most guilty innocent look of any man ever born.” We continued to laugh while Jack served himself with seconds.

We finished our meals and the wine enjoying being together. We sat in the living room and talked until it was getting late. John said, “I guess we need to leave. We’ll be traveling back to Pam’s parents’ house.”

Becky said, “I have to get to work in the morning.”

Jack said, “You two don’t have to travel very far unless you want to.”

John said, “What are you talking about, Dad?”

Jack replied, “I’ve been kidnapped and my clothes stolen by a beautiful siren. My old bedroom is vacant due to my kidnapping.”

I said, “He’s the most willing kidnap victim I’ve ever heard of in my life.”

Jack said, “I just try to make the best of a challenging situation.”

I said, “It’s good you didn’t say bad situation.”

Jack said, “I’m a little crazy. I’m not stupid! Besides, you keep me warm at night.”

I said, ‘I hope you find other positive things about my presence.”

“Oh, I do! Your breasts are impossibly well-”

“That’s quite enough information. You can try to convince me of your good intentions and appreciation of my presence later.”

Becky, Pam, and John were cracking up listening to this. Pam said, “I would like to hear some of these other positive things about Sandy.” They were laughing loudly and heartily almost to the point of rolling on the floor.

I said, “I think what he said was quite enough.”

Becky said, “I guess we had better go. Dad, it appears, has some crow to eat.”

Pam said, “Or something anyway!” They laughed some more. I blushed and noticed that Jack was blushing, too. They left, walking over to Jack’s condo for the night. I called out. “Pam, call your parents and let them know you two aren’t returning to their house tonight.” She waved.

When I closed the door, I collapsed into Jack’s arms laughing. I gave him a kiss. “Sometimes, you are on the edge of too much.”

“You love it.”

“Yes, I do. I love you, too. Jack, take me to bed and make love to me.”

“It shall be as you request. It will be our pleasure.”

I kissed him again and took a lot of time doing it. We were both breathing heavily when we came up for air. He took my hand and led me upstairs into “our” bedroom.

We slept the night away, finally, in each other’s arms. We were tired but happy.

In the morning, we woke up to run. We left on our run, enjoying a little fondling of our bodies and the exercise. While we enjoyed our run, we enjoyed our shower even more. As we dressed for breakfast, I told Jack that the one disadvantage of camping was the prospect of separate showers. We laughed together.

We were downstairs preparing breakfast when the doorbell rang. It was Pam and John. They came into the kitchen looking very happy and satisfied. We had seen Becky going inside as we returned from our run. They had their arms around each other only separating long enough to give us each hugs.

John said, “What are you doing today?”

Jack replied, “We are packing for Mississippi this morning. Our appointment with Reverend Robert is for two. We will leave there and head for your grandparents’ house. We return Thursday morning. We’ll need some time to prepare for the wedding and shop for our honeymoon.”

John chuckled. I said, “What’s so funny?”

John grinned and said, “I’m just not used to hearing my dad talk about his honeymoon.

“Dad, would you mind if we stayed in your condo Saturday evening and went to church with you two? We would like to take you two and Becky out for lunch before the wedding.”

“Not at all. The five of us are the wedding party. If Becky’s dinner date tonight works out well, she might have a date for the wedding. She agreed to call us regardless when she gets home.”

I cooked pancakes and sausage for breakfast with cantaloupe. After our prayer and serving the plates, I said, “What plans do you two have today?”

Pam said, “We are going to continue to get reacquainted and be together. We’ll be back with my folks tonight. They told me yesterday morning that they would be coming to your wedding.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.