Aging Well - Cover

Aging Well

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 11 [Jack writes]

I drove Sandy home and pulled into her driveway. The top was still down but she had donned the cape to her outfit.

“Jack, come inside for some coffee.”

I said, “That sounds good. Let me pull my car into the garage and I will come right back.” She nodded and I dodged back out the door and did what I said. I left the garage door open for later. I had a night light that would stay on and give me enough light to get to the door safely. I headed back across the street and went to her condo.

I knocked once and entered. Sandy came into the living room with a tray with a carafe of coffee, two cups, fixings, and a small plate of cookies. She had removed her shoes and was walking in her stocking feet.

She set the tray on the coffee table, a sensible name in light of its use at the moment. As she leaned forward, I could again see down the front of her dress and got a glimpse of the skimpy red bra barely covering her breasts. I reacted as one might expect. We sat on the couch a bit closer than before.

She saw me looking at her legs and grinned. “Jack, why are a woman’s legs more alluring when she is wearing a skirt than when she’s wearing shorts?” She grinned at me.

I blushed guiltily. “I guess it’s because of the mystery of what’s exactly under the skirt. That’s true even when a guy has seen the female in shorts or a swim suit before. Men look down the fronts of blouses for the same reason.”

Now, it was her turn to blush. I reached over and poured two coffees. She swung her legs down and moved closer to me and leaned forward very purposefully. She added a touch of cream and a small spoon of sugar. I leaned back.

She grinned, “What color bra am I wearing?”

I answered, “Red,” before I thought.

She laughed. “It’s nice to know that you think I’m worth looking at.” I blushed. She tucked her legs under her body in that mysterious and wonderful way that women have which is beyond the ability of a man to duplicate. That motion moved her even closer to me. I held the cookie tray to her and she took a cookie.

“What kind are these?”

“They are some lemon cookies that I had made last weekend. They should be still okay.”

I took a bite and said, “They are very good. The lemon has a nice snap to it.”

She looked at me and said, “Are we still on for Monday?”

“Yes, definitely.”

She said, “Are we ready to run together?” I nodded.

“Good. You’ll come over for breakfast at the same time?”

She smiled slowly. “Jack, what are you going to do about your daughter? How is her living with you going to affect us?”

I said, “She will be in the spare bedroom. She has her friends. If she wants to spend time with us within reason, she may. I don’t think either of us knows how much ‘us’ there is to be affected but any effect will be minimal. She had married over my active objection. I will not tolerate her opinion or interference. I will be polite but I like you and want to see more of you.”

She grinned. “You get to see about as much as there is when I run in the mornings.”

“That’s not what I mean though it makes running a lot more interesting.” She laughed and nodded. “Sandy, I have truly enjoyed this time. It shocks me that I’ve only known you for a few days. It feels longer and that’s a good thing. I am surprised by how much we have enjoyed being together. Every time we learn something new about the other, I am surprised that both of us like it.”

“Jack, what is your daughter going to think with us going off for the week?”

“First, it doesn’t matter. She has no right to be judgmental. Second, the camper has two beds and I have received no indication from you other than that both beds will be used singly. Third, I’m looking forward to a good time with enjoyable company, you.”

“Thank you, I think. I had figured we would continue to be congenial. When I was getting ready to go out for this evening, I was also surprised at the short time we have known each other. We both left your daughter and son with the impression that it had been over a week.”

“I remember how my daughter has ignored me rather pointedly through high school, college, and after. She and her ex were involved in swinging which makes me wonder why she’s unhappy with her mother’s escapades becoming known. Her husband left her for another woman in their swinging group. Now, she’s needy and I’m not sure volunteering a spot at my place was a good idea. However, John really didn’t seem enthused about the prospect of sharing his home.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.