Aging Well
Chapter 9 [Jack writes]

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

I made the short trip to my condo thinking that I was getting serious about this lady. She was a great person, smart, witty, and talented. As a woman, she is great looking and made an altogether classy package.

I went to bed thinking happy thoughts.

When I woke in the morning, I put on my exercise clothes and came out to see her just walking outside her door. I looked over at her and smiled. She smiled back. We met on the street outside her unit. Hand in hand, we walked to the complex entrance.

“Good morning, Sandy. You’re a pleasant sight again today.”

“Thank you, Jack. Good morning to you.”

We got to the entrance and began to run easily toward the park. I let her take the lead following her down a path. When we stopped to walk, we would hold hands as we walked or just look at scenery with our arms around the other’s waist. Our time together was becoming more romantic every day. We finished our run and I left for my place to clean up and go to her place for breakfast.

Showered, shaved, and dressed, I went over and was invited inside. She headed for the kitchen and I followed her into the kitchen. I had my eyes on her rear. It was a nice view.

She turned around and said, “How about a western omelet?”

I nodded and said, “Great! Did you sew this outfit?”

She headed to the fridge to get eggs and all the rest of the items needed including hot sauce. “Yes, it’s from a pattern. I liked how it looked on a model on TV. I think it came out the way I wanted it to look.”

“You look great in it. Of course, you look great in everything I’ve seen you wear including your running clothes.”

She was cutting up the meat and veggies while I prepared coffee. She said, “Yes, I saw you perving on my butt this morning.”

I laughed. “I was reminded of the old line that only the lead dog gets a changing view. However, it’s not always the best view.” We laughed about that.

I thought that our bantering was becoming more sexual. I enjoyed it. I continued that thought as I watched her chop.

She was cooking the ham and onions. I had found that she made omelets in a scrambled style. She added the rest of the veggies and then cracked the eggs into the frying pan. She mixed everything up into a big scrambled mass. She had put on some hash browns. When everything was done, she served the plates. “Here you go, Jack. There’s more so don’t be shy. It’s too late for you to start that now anyway.” We laughed.

We sat down, I prayed, and we ate.

We started talking about cookware and cooking. I said that I could cook steaks, pork chops, and chicken on the grill. I admitted that I had tried fish and shrimp with poor results.

I had bought a cheap coffee maker with filters and coffee for the camper along with a set of pots and pans that Sandy had picked out. She said that she would bring her electric frying pan. We decided to concentrate upon breakfast and supper with lunch being something light caught on the fly. We put together a menu and were ready to shop shortly thereafter.

We started at Wally World but went on to her favorite store after that thinking on the fresh items we would need. While at Wally World, I picked up a cooler to augment the small refrigerator in the camper. We returned to my condo to unload and put things away. We put the dry and canned things in sacks on the camper. When all was finished, I ushered her into the passenger seat of my car.

“Where are we going?”

“Lunch will be a surprise. I thought we would just ride for a while after that. It’s a beautiful day and you’re a beautiful lady.”

She smiled at me and gave my hand a gentle squeeze on the way out.

I drove out toward the camper store and pulled in at the Chinese buffet where we first ate together. “Jack, you’re an incurable romantic.” She leaned over and kissed me. We went into the restaurant holding hands and even sat at the same booth.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.