Aging Well
Chapter 5 [Jack writes]

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

I went back to my condo almost floating. I enjoyed the kiss and the feel of her body against mine. I was looking forward to Wednesday morning and seeing her in her running outfit again.

In the morning, I put on my exercise clothes and headed out for my running walk. My running was quickly getting better. I hadn’t stopped for long so it didn’t take very long for me to build up to a decent pace.

When I left the complex, I turned in the direction from which I had seen Sandy coming the last two mornings. I was setting an easy pace for this morning and hadn’t found a need to walk yet. I ran a few more blocks before slowing to a walk for a block. I then picked up that same easy pace and came to a park. I stopped to read the sign noticing that there were walking trails spread through the park. I picked the shortest one for this morning and headed for the beginning at a reasonable pace. I was a little way down it when I heard a scream ahead of me. I ran a little quicker looking for the source of the scream.

I quickly found the source. A younger woman was lying in the trail holding her right leg. I ran to her and knelt beside her. She moaned, “I tripped. My leg hurts pretty badly. I came down on it pretty hard.”

I felt her leg but stopped. There was a knot about midway down from her knee. “You may have a broken leg. I’m going to try to lift you up. Don’t put any weight on your right leg.”

She was not heavy. I managed to get her up with me supporting her weight. We had managed a couple of steps when Sandy came down the path. “Jack, what happened?”

“She fell. I heard her cry out. I think she has a broken lower right leg. I’m trying to walk her out. I don’t have my phone but she is going to need a doctor.”

“Let’s get her out first. Then we’ll call for help.”

Together, we got her to a picnic table and lay her down on the top. Sandy made the call. She explained concisely what happened and requested an ambulance be dispatched to the park. She further explained that we had made the young woman comfortable but that there was a definite knot in her lower leg along with bruising.

Sandy got off the call and looked at the young woman. “I’m Sandy Edwards and he’s Jack Norris. We live in the same condo complex. Is there someone who should be contacted?”

“Thanks Sandy, Jack. My name is Chastity Nixon. My roommate will need a call. My work will need to hear from me later. My phone is in my fanny pack. If you can help me, I can reach it.” Sandy helped her and she made a call. “Gretchen, I fell while on my run. I may have broken my leg. It hurts bad! A nice man helped me back to the main part of the park. I’m waiting for the ambulance now. Drive down. You will have to follow the ambulance. Bye.”

We waited with her until her roommate and the ambulance arrived. When they left, we were sitting at a picnic table. Sandy said, “I’m glad for her sake you were here. I’m not sorry for mine either. It’s different from your usual route, isn’t it?”

“That’s true. I was hoping to see you. I like to watch you run.” I tried my best leer.

She laughed and then smiled happily. “It’s nice to think someone might still lust after me in my old age.” She grinned. “Even if it’s a dirty old man, like you.”

I said, “Even dirty old men need love.”

She looked me in the eye and said, “That’s a possibility.” She got up and said, “Time to run. Then, I’ve got a date for breakfast.” She smiled and headed off down that short trail. I jumped up and followed behind her happy to watch her toned body as she ran effortlessly down the trail. She saw the root and easily dodged it. I managed to keep up on the trail but had to slow when we returned to the main part of the park. She saw or heard that I had slowed and she stopped to let me walk to her. She took my hand and said, “We can walk back together.”

“That will be great.” We walked, holding hands. “I like doing things with you.” I grinned trying out my leer again. “We could shower together?”

“Not yet.”

She gave my arm a light hug. I realized that she didn’t say, “no.” My heart had a good feeling in it. I gave her hand a light squeeze as we walked. We entered our complex and I dropped her off at hers and went on to mine.

I went in and showered, shaved, and dressed for the day. I went through the garage and opened the door. I left it open and walked to Sandy’s condo for breakfast.

I knocked on the door and she opened it inviting me in. She was standing behind the door. She pushed it closed and I could see her outfit. She was wearing a halter top and short shorts. She looked hot! She smiled. I said, “Wow! You look fabulous, not that you don’t usually look great.”

She grinned and said, “Follow me into the kitchen.”

I said, “Anywhere.” She giggled and I could see her breasts jiggle with her mirth. I followed her into her kitchen. That was a great view. Her shorts were tighter than her running shorts. She had a great bottom for a woman of any age. The thought crossed my mind that her husband had been an idiot.

We had breakfast, another great meal, and were enjoying some coffee. Sandy said, “Jack, you are wonderful. You calmed that young woman down easily. If I hadn’t been there, it wouldn’t have mattered. You had the situation under control. She trusted you completely.”

“Thanks. I was just trying to help her.”

“I understand that but she was looking at you like you were Superman. I think she wanted you to ride in the ambulance. She didn’t want to release your hand and was disappointed that you didn’t go with her to the hospital. You’ve never met her?”

“No. Not until I came upon her lying on the trail.”

“Yet you calmed her fears and she let you half carry her back.”

“I guess we old guys just aren’t threatening.”

“I think it’s more than that.” I chuckled at his statement.

I grinned some more and said, “The big question still remains though. When am I going to see your paintings?”

“You don’t give up, do you, Jack?”

“I’ve seen your sewing and eaten your cooking. I’m still looking for an unpleasant issue.”

She poured us some more coffee. After a moment, she sighed. “Okay, but don’t be too harsh.”

“Never but I will be truthful.” She led the way upstairs to the extra bedroom. Sandy had set it up as a studio. She turned lights on as we went inside. While we were on the landing, I noticed a wall in her bedroom. “I like the color of your bedroom. It’s about half a shade lighter than mine.”

“Not another similarity!” She waved her hand. “Here it is!”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.