Redeeming Halloween
Chapter 20

Copyright© 2014 by StarCrawler

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 20 - This isn't your typical Halloween horror story. *** Ten years ago, Robby was betrayed on Halloween. Ten years later, he met Elaina on Halloween and discovered there was more to her than met the eye. *** Book Two of "A Halloween Redemption."

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Vampires   DomSub   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   Squirting   Halloween   Violence  

Dawn needed to get home and get ready for work, so Rob called the car service to arrange a car that would take her home first, then on to work after. Elaina apologized for not taking her, but it was Dawn who pointed out the bright morning sun and told her it wasn't worth the risk.

While he was on the phone, Rob dug out his credit card and gave them his new account information. He looked over at Elaina, and she knew he was going to ask about it. She sighed, knowing he might not be easy to convince.

Dawn insisted they didn't have time to walk her to the street, and she said her good-byes at the door.

"I'm coming back here tonight," she squealed happily as she hugged Elaina. "No more empty apartment." Dawn squeezed her tight and kissed her thoroughly, leaving the bewildered Elaina and latching onto Rob. "I love you guys so much." She kissed Rob just as thoroughly, then skipped out of the apartment, humming a giddy tune.

Rob went to the window and saw the car was already waiting. It seemed to be only moments later that Dawn skipped down the stoop and clambered through the open door, stopping to wave at the building. Rob waved back wanly, still bemused by her enthusiasm. Then he turned to Elaina.

"So. I have a new credit card," he said crossly. "When were you going to tell me about that?"

Elaina shrugged. "I hadn't planned on ever telling you," she replied. "I'd hoped you would just accept it."

"Elaina," he said with exasperation, "This isn't a new coat or hat. Don't get me wrong, I love that you gave me those things, but this a whole other level. I mean, a credit card? How can you afford to give me a credit card?"

"Rob," she answered coolly, "I've been around for over seven hundred years. The first hundred years were a little lean, but I didn't really need much. Clothes on my back, a place to hide from the sun, and a ready supply of blood close to hand. I shared a cave with a bear for a while. I'll admit, I didn't come by the money completely legitimately at first, but my 'donors' didn't need it any more. When I found I was accumulating wealth, I began finding ways to make it work for me. I discovered investors who were willing to overlook the source of the funding I was offering and I became truly wealthy.

"Rob, the last time I tallied up all of my holdings and deposits, I had over six hundred million dollars. Most of it is in gold stockpiles in countries that allow it, but a lot is in real estate, too. In fact, I'm currently negotiating for the purchase of this building. I like to be in control of the place where I live."

Rob was stunned by the revelation. "A half a billion dollars," he whispered hoarsely. "How... ? What... ? I can't even fathom that much money!"

"Rob, listen to me," Elaina said urgently. "You can't let this change things. The only reason I have that much is for the security of knowing I will never want for anything. I still don't need much. And neither do you if you think about it."

Rob sat heavily on the couch and covered his face with his hands. "All right," he said when he'd lowered his hands to his lap. "This is like winning the lottery. I've read the stories, and I agree with you: I can't let this change me."

He stood with a decisive slap of his knees. "Okay, I get it, but I don't think we should mention this to Dawn. I don't think she'd ask anyway, but all the same, I don't like the way it's making me feel right now and I'd like to spare her that."

"I agree," Elaina replied. "I really didn't want to tell you, but I couldn't see a way around it. Wealth can be a burden, especially if you don't want to be noticed."

"Actually, this is kind of liberating," Rob commented thoughtfully. "I really enjoy my job, and now I can do it because I want to, not because I have to.

"And speaking of my job, I have to get ready," he said with resolve. "I have a meeting with a big client this morning and I have to look my best."

He went to her and drew her into his arms. "Thank you for helping me put that into perspective, sweeting," he whispered. "I know that had to be hard for you." He kissed her and she kissed back, relief coursing through her veins. She shuddered at the thought of how badly it could have gone.

"Come on," he said. "You can help me pick out the suit I'm going to wear."

Elaina had wanted him to wear the Lauren, but he argued that it was too much for a business meeting and might send the wrong signals. She argued that he had to dress for success, and scoffed at the light gray suit and yellow tie he'd favored. She told him he needed to be the one in charge of the meeting, and a neutral suit would make him look weak. They settled on a charcoal suit with a pin-striped shirt and a dark red tie.

At the door, Elaina fiddled with his tie, straightening an already perfect knot. Rob had tried to demur when she pulled out a black satin ribbon for his hair, but she insisted that it would present a strong-willed young man with the courage to be different. He allowed it, thinking he could always pull it out before the meeting if he lost his nerve. She spent some time putting it in, making sure to get it set perfectly. Rob looked in the mirror when she was done and noted she'd made one of her more intricate knots. He sighed and shook his head, thinking he might not have the nerve to take it out after all her hard work.

They kissed at the door, and she wished him good luck. He thanked her then got on his way.


Jeff had faxed over a list of the people who would be attending the meeting: the branch manager, the sales manager, the finance manager, and Jeff himself. Jeff finally identified himself as a general troubleshooter who'd been sent in by the head office when the problem first manifested.

Barbara collated all the necessary documents and prepared enough for everybody with a couple to spare. Brenda supervised getting the conference room ready, making sure all the seating was arranged and refreshments were available. Jake decided a show of progress was needed, and he and the intern brought all the current research down and presented it on a table in the back of the room. Rob came in to check and pronounced everything was to his satisfaction, with Bob's tacit agreement. All that was needed now was the client.

The office was in a quiet uproar when they returned. Bob went to his office when an admin told him he had a visitor. He came out of his office moments later and waved Rob over.

Bob drew a deep breath and sighed. "Well, it looks like it's time to pay the piper," he said heavily to Rob. "Mr. Kerck is waiting in my office to speak to you. Privately."

Bob waved to his office and lumbered off to find Brenda.

"Good morning, Mr. Kerck," Rob said trepidaciously as he entered Bob's office. "What can I do for you?"

Mr. Kerck came over with his hand extended, and Rob shook that hand.

"Come over here and sit down," Mr. Kerck ordered. "I need to talk to you about why I'm here."

Rob sat nervously at the edge of the chair offered. Mr. Kerck closed the door and seated himself at the desk.

"I'm not here to judge anyone, or to interfere in your meeting," he said comfortingly. "I'm just here to observe. I need to see for myself why this created such an uproar. I don't want to be identified to the client, so make something up to ease the client's mind."

"I imagine Bob is aware of your requirements," Rob said, frowning in thought. "I'll have to make sure Jake knows before the meeting starts so he doesn't react."

"You take care of the details and don't worry about me," he said. "Just ignore me while the meeting's going on, okay?"

"Yes, sir," Rob replied. "I think I can do that, but I need to get to Jake now. He's in the conference room keeping an eye on things and won't be back before the meeting."

"Go on," Mr. Kerck urged. "Go do your stuff. I'll see you up there. Send in Bob when you leave, would you?"

Rob opened the door and stepped out. He spotted Bob talking to Brenda and walked over.

"Mr. Kerck wants you in your office," Rob said lightly. "It's not as bad as you think. He's here to satisfy his curiosity, not get involved."

"Yeah, well, I'll believe that when I see it," Bob said pessimistically. "Go ahead, Bren, get it set up." Bob lumbered off to his office.

"What are you setting up?" Rob asked Brenda.

"I'm to put Mr. Kerck at the head of the table," she answered, gathering up what she needed and heading to the elevator.

"No," Rob stated firmly, "That's not what he wants."

"But, Bob said..."

"This is what I was told," Rob continued firmly. "He says he's here only to observe. He even ordered me not to tell the client who he is. So, that means he gets a seat to the side. Understood?"

"But..."

"Brenda, this is the way it must be," Rob said soothingly. "I thought Bob had the full story..." The ding of the elevator reaching their floor interrupted them and they stepped out.

"He didn't have the whole story, so he didn't know better," he continued. "You need to do it my way, understood, Brenda?"

"Yes, sir," she finally said. "Why are you up here, Rob? It's not time for the meeting yet."

"I have to warn Jake so he isn't caught by surprise," Rob replied. "It wouldn't do to go to all the trouble of setting Mr. Kerck up as an observer, only to have Jake blurt out the truth when we came in."

"You didn't know who he was when you called him," Brenda pointed out, "Why would Jake be any different?"

"And wouldn't that suck if he did know?" Rob answered wryly. Brenda bobbed her head consideringly.

Rob spoke to Jake when he got there, and it was as Brenda had said: Jake didn't know Mr. Kerck either. Rob filled him in and told him to ignore the man during the meeting, just as he'd been told. Jake reluctantly agreed, saying he didn't know how he'd pull that off, knowing that the man next in line to sign his paycheck was watching him.

"I'll be doing most of the talking," Rob said. "You're there to answer questions if needed. Relax, everything will be fine."

"Easy for you to say," Jake groused. "I've never done this before."

"This is a first for me, too," Rob pointed out. "I've never run a meeting like this before. I was always the one sitting where you will be." Jake grunted and nodded his head.


At five minutes before the scheduled start of the meeting, everyone gathered in the conference room. Rob briefly went over how he expected the meeting to go, emphasizing that Mr. Kerck was only there to observe when Bob objected to the new seating arrangement.

"Bob," Mr. Kerck said when he wouldn't relent. "This is the way I want it. Rob has done exactly as I ordered. Clear?" Bob paled and took his seat, looking at Rob with concern.

"Mr. Kerck, if you would take your seat here," Rob said, offering a seat to the side.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.