Depth of Field - Cover

Depth of Field

Copyright© 2014 by Ryan Sylander

Chapter 27: Wrong Girl

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 27: Wrong Girl - Picking up where Looking Through The Lens ends, Matt's interest in fishing, music, and photography brings him close to friends both new and old. A summer camping trip challenges him with new experiences and blurred lines. As he tries to untangle the mischievous schemes of his long-distance girlfriend and his sister, Matt finds that sex, drugs & rock'n'roll are a heady but dangerous mix. To understand this story, you need to be familiar with LTTL; please read that story first! Edited by pcb

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   School   Exhibitionism   Oral Sex   Voyeurism   Public Sex   Caution   Slow  

The second set went okay. Perhaps the five of us were a bit too buzzed, tired, or both, but clearly we didn’t command the room quite like we had during the first set. We still had people cheering and dancing, but the intermission had dissipated a lot of the focused energy of the party. Our last song in the short set was Zep’s Dazed and Confused, which seemed like an apt description of the average party-goer by that point. Jocks gesticulated exaggeratedly in groups to impress unsteady girls. Plastic cups accumulated on horizontal surfaces and the sounds of the pyretic bacchanal became more random as screams and laughter pierced the room. Couples were openly making out in various dark corners. That included Alice and Jonah, I noticed.

One less person in the guest cabin.

Pete was in the middle of his long guitar solo when I realized I was ready to quit. Lara was dancing against Pete again. She leaned her head on his shoulder and rubbed her body against him. He didn’t seem to care at this point, looking out into the audience as he played. Shannon was sitting on a couch, chatting to some guy I’d never seen before. Cleary the photos weren’t even worth getting anymore.

Mr. Young was right: it was better to burn out than to fade away. Some things were better done in moderation.

Pete finished his solo and Lara turned to me expectantly. I usually took over here and played a guitar solo for a bit. The frantic bass and drum riff was not really appealing at this late hour, though, so I shook my head. She frowned, gesturing for me to play.

“Give us some guitar, Matt!” she cried into the mic.

So that was that. I had to do it now. Reluctantly, I started my usual solo, modeled pretty closely on the lines from the original that I could actually play. Well, when I wasn’t drunk, at least.

Lara sidled up close to me. I glanced at her wild eyes and then looked back at my fingers to keep them on the right frets. My vision was unsteady, and I was getting really sloppy. I felt Lara slide against me. My eyes shot to her face.

“What are you doing?” I yelled.

“Just have fun and play, Matt!”

When she tried to put her head on my shoulder, I moved away under the pretense of reaching for a foot pedal. Quickly I jumped into the final notes of the solo that indicated we were transitioning back to the ending section. I swung around to get the band’s attention, using the headstock of my guitar as a bayonet to keep Lara at bay. She danced in place, waving her arms high over her head. I had no idea what she’d been trying to do, but it was not going to happen again. The end of the song was a bit messy, but we struck a heavy chord, let it expand in a wash of feedback and cymbals, and then Carl slammed it closed with a crash of his drums.

The crowd cheered more than I thought they would. Lara announced that we were finished. There were some disappointed cries for more, but I shook my head when Lara looked at me. The gig was over. I flipped the switch on my amp, unplugged my guitar, and laid it to rest in its case, knowing that anything else was asking for trouble. Already, a drunk guy had stumbled into the P.A. speaker stand and almost knocked it over onto me.

I grabbed a beer from the nearby cooler and then stretched my arms. The CD music came back on, as loud as ever. I was feeling oddly disconnected from the event. I’m just tired.

“Can I get you anything, sir?” Miss Ellie asked, appearing close at my shoulder.

So she did say ‘sir’! Jonah had to be paying her pretty well to put on this act. I turned, surprised to find my mood improving significantly at the sight of her.

“I’m good, Miss Ellie. Thanks for keeping us stocked up.”

“My pleasure, sir. Excellent music, if I may say so,” she added deferentially.

“Glad you enjoyed it.”

“Jonah mentioned that you plan to stay with us this evening?”

“Yeah, we are.”

“Wonderful. I’m going to bring some refreshments down to the cabin. Do you have any preferences for food, drink, and extras?”

“Extras? Uh ... I don’t know. Just some beers and maybe some, uh, wine would be great. I’m not hungry, but ask the other guys, I guess.”

“My pleasure, sir.”

Miss Ellie gave a nod and started to retreat. I waved her back after a second.

“Yes, sir?”

“Are you having a good time tonight?” I asked.

“Of course, sir.”

“I’m not asking Miss Ellie,” I said pointedly.

She eyed me for a moment and then grinned slightly as she got very close to me. She spoke into my ear, her voice sounding more natural for just this one utterance.

“Hayley’s having a blast,” she said. “Really.”

I nodded as she pulled away again, her black lips retreating from a satisfied grin, back into to her courteous mien.

“How long do you work tonight, Miss Ellie?” I asked, trying keep my voice serious.

She bowed slightly. “Jonah said that I am to do whatever you ask of me, until you depart in the morning.”

“Whatever I ask, or the band asks?” I repeated, wondering what exactly that might include. This was bordering on freaky.

“You. Anything you wish. Your deepest desire is my complete command.”

I have to admit that some rather intense images flashed through my mind. Eventually I settled on one request.

“Okay, I do have one thing you can do for me, then. For later tonight.”

“Yes, sir?” Miss Ellie said, though the hint of eager mischief I saw in those eyes surely belonged to Hayley.

“After you stock the cabin, take the rest of the night off and have a good time.”

Miss Ellie stared at me hard, as if she’d misunderstood. Then a small smile blossomed across her face.

“Thank you, sir. You are most kind. But...”

“But what?”

“After I do that, will you be needing anything from me?”

I grinned. “Nope. I’m going to go to the cabin with my friends and probably get some sleep. So go have a good time. As Hayley!”

She eyed me carefully. Then she got close to my ear. Too close.

“I will, sir. Enjoy the cabin. And if you need anything,” she added, her lips brushing against my ear, “I’m sure Hayley would be most happy to help you out. Find her, if you want her.”

With a bit of a caress on my chest, she slowly stepped away. After dropping one last suggestive glance, she turned. I watched her disappear into the crowd, feeling amused, but also very unsure about this Miss Ellie thing.

That was the weirdest fucking conversation ever. Jonah is one crazy cat!

I was still contemplating the odd interchange when Lara came up to me, finally released from her fans. She sported a wide grin, but it made my mood sink a bit.

“Awesome first show, huh?” she yelled.

I nodded but said nothing.

“Are you all right?” she asked.

“Yeah, just a little tired.”

“Okay. You played awesome, even more than usual!”

“Thanks. You were great too.”

Lara frowned at me. “What’s up?”

I shrugged again. “Nothing. But...”

“But what?”

“Don’t do that again, please.”

“Don’t do what?”

“Rub up against me, or whatever the hell you were doing.”

Lara stared at me. “It was just part of the show, Matt.”

“It was weird. It’s one thing to do that to Pete, because he’s your boyfriend, but don’t do it with me, all right?”

She contemplated for a bit and then nodded. “I’m sorry. I was just trying to have a little fun, that’s all.”

“I know, but...” I spread my hands, having nothing else to say.

“It was a great show, Matt. Thanks for letting me sing in the band. This was one of the greatest nights of my life.”

I relented a bit at her excitement. “I know. You killed it, Lara, really you did. And I mean that.”

“Thanks. Are you sure you’re all right?”

“Yeah. I’m really tired all of a sudden, though. Don’t worry about it. Everything’s cool.”

“Okay, good. I’d hate to ruin a night like this with something so silly. I won’t do that ever again, I promise.”

I nodded. “I’m going to pack it up.”

Lara nodded slightly, her gaze fixed on me. I turned away, aware that she continued to watch me for a moment, before making her way over to Pete. As I started winding my guitar cable, I spotted Jonah coming toward me.

“We missed you this set,” I said.

“I know, I know. I wanted to play, but I was busy. Entertaining a guest,” he added with a wink.

“Yeah? A girl named Alice?”

Jonah grinned. “Damn. I knew I should’ve turned the lights even lower!” he cried. He pulled out a small ring of keys and handed them to me. “Anyway, here’s the cabin keys. Help yourself. You know where it is?”

“Is it the log cabin down the hill, out by where we came in?”

“You got it, bro! Just make yourself at home. Miss Ellie will have it set up real nice. Just let her know what you need, because I think I’m going to be busy for a little while, you know what I mean?”

I laughed. “You put on one mofo of a party, man. Oh, and just so you know, I gave Hayley the rest of the night off.”

Jonah frowned as he tried to get my meaning. “You gave her the night off? Why?” he asked.

I smiled apologetically, hoping he wouldn’t be offended. “You told her she had to do anything I said, so I told her to take the night off and party hard! I wanted her to have a good time, too. Least I could do, since she kept us stocked up.”

Jonah cracked up at this. “Ha ha! Matt, that’s killer! So you’re one of them nice guys, then! Touché, bro. That must be how you scored that super hot blonde you’re with!”

“Huh? Oh, you mean Shannon? No, she’s not my girlfriend.”

“Ah, right on. I thought she was. Anyway, you’re a good man, Matt. Miss Ellie is a sweet lay, but if you want some action tonight, Hayley might be pretty appreciative of what you did too. Not sure anyone’s ever done for her what you just did!”

“There’s a first for everything,” I said vaguely, feeling more and more like I was in way over my head. Jonah clearly was comfortable moving in a lifestyle I had no experience in.

“Anyway, take off whenever you want in the morning and just leave the keys down in the cabin. I’ll try not to keep Alice up too late. You’re bitchin’ on that guitar, dude.”

“Thanks. You too, man.”

“And hey, I’ll be in touch for the next party. I want you guys to play again. Have a killer night if I don’t see you later, bro.”

“Likewise, man.”

Jonah gave me a nod of respect and then melted into the crowd. No one else from the band was in the area. I glanced around for Lara, but she’d disappeared somewhere into the house with Pete. After a moment, I caught a glimpse of Jonah talking to a few of his guests on the balcony, as he held onto Alice’s hand. If those two didn’t project the intention to hole up in a bedroom and fuck, then nobody did.


Ten minutes later, I slammed the trunk of Shannon’s car shut, safely enclosing my amplifier, pedals, and cables therein. Surprisingly the lot had cleared somewhat, so she was able to park the car near the path that led down the hill to the cabin.

“What’s the plan?” she asked. “Back to the party?”

“I’m kind of partied out. I have the keys to the cabin, so I think I’m going to go crash on one of the couches down there and relax for a bit. But you can go back in. I’ll leave the door unlocked.”

“No, the cabin sounds really good,” Shannon said warmly, a touch of relief in her voice. “Not sure how much more loud noise I can take. My ears are ringing!”

“Tell me about it. Let me just try to find Lara and Alice to tell them what’s going on. You want to wait out here?”

“Sure. I’m done with going inside.”

“I’ll be back in a few minutes. Another beer?”

“No thanks,” she replied with a content smile.

Inside, the chaos of drunkenness had metastasized to the stage area. Someone was bashing on Carl’s drums, even though Carl was nowhere to be seen.

“Hey, man, we need to pack it up,” I yelled at the guy, waving him off the throne.

“Sorry! One second, though. Just check this out!”

He lamely tried a drum fill and then roared with laughter at his failure to hit the crash cymbal. I pretended to smile and then repeated my request. Fortunately, he rejoined his friends without a fight.

Lara and Pete finally came by, hand in hand.

“Pete’s going to stay with us,” Lara announced.

I looked at them. “Is everyone staying?”

“No, I think everyone else is going to go back in a little while,” Pete said.

“I figured Pete could ride home with us, though,” Lara continued. “Shannon would probably be okay with that, right?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. Better ask her. Not much room in the back seat, though.”

Lara rolled her eyes. “No shit Sherlock. I was the one back there on the ride down while you were reclining in the front like a king. Where is Shannon?”

“Outside, or maybe getting her camera. I’m not sure. But where will you put your stuff? Shannon’s trunk is already full with my junk.”

Pete waved my words aside. “Brian will take it back in the truck and keep it at his house. It’s just me. I’ll squeeze into the back, one way or another.”

On that note, Lara pulled Pete toward the hallway. There was another attempt to use Carl’s drums and I silently cursed him for making me babysit his kit. Where the hell is he? Just as I decided to grab my guitar and a beer and head out, Lara and Pete returned.

“Shannon said it was fine,” Lara said.

“Cool. I’m going to go hang out in the cabin and get some sleep. I’m a bit beat.”

“All right,” Lara agreed. “We’ll see you later. Oh, here, take this if you want.”

I looked at a baggie with two joints in it. “I don’t want it,” I said.

“Might help you relax,” she offered.

I shrugged. “Maybe. What’s your plan?” I asked, before I realized the stupidity of my question. I really was tired.

Lara raised a brow at me, and then gave Pete a suggestive grin. “We’re going to explore the mansion. Don’t wait up!”

They were already bounding away when I called out to Pete. “Hey! Tell Carl to come do something with his drums before they get destroyed by some drunk guy.”

I pointed up at the balcony where Carl had appeared, talking to a group of people and cradling a plastic cup. Pete nodded in understanding. I watched as he reached the top of the stairs, waved at Carl, gestured to the stage, and then turned back to Lara. If Carl saw him, he didn’t seem to understand the message. Lara wrapped a sensual arm around Pete and pulled him away from the scene.

A twinge of frustration shot through me. Then I realized there were two more people who wouldn’t be in the cabin. That left me and Shannon. I didn’t have the energy to ponder the awkwardness of the situation, nor my jealousy of theirs. Nor did I care if the drunk guy who was approaching the drums again ended up wearing the bass drum as a kilt. I was done.


Shannon was right where I left her.

“Sorry, it took a bit of doing to get out of there,” I apologized as we made our way down to the cabin.

“No problem. What’s in the bag?”

I realized I was still holding the joints along with my beer. “Oh. Lara gave them to me to hang onto.”

“Do you smoke pot?”

“Uh, not really, but I’ve tried it a few times.”

“That’s cool.”

“You?”

“Same.”

I had some trouble finding the right key to the cabin, even though a motion-sensing light cured my blindness. Shannon saved me in the end. She soon had the door open, so we hurried out of the cold. The place was a significant upgrade from the guest cabin at my house.

“Nice digs,” Shannon remarked.

“Yeah, really.”

I sighed as I plopped down on the couch. It was a very comfortable couch and I was grateful for that.

“Worn out?” Shannon asked as she looked around.

“Yeah, a bit. A little on edge, actually. I think the party got to me by the end of that second set.”

“Same here. I couldn’t focus enough to take any pictures. Still, I’m pretty sure I got some good ones of Lara with the stand.”

“Cool. She’ll like to see that.”

“I’ll make you some copies. Wow, there’s enough booze here for thirty people,” she remarked.

I looked over the back of the couch and saw the line up that Miss Ellie had procured. A shame it was all for naught. I had little interest in drinking anything else. I looked at the bag of joints on the coffee table.

“Do you want to, uh, smoke one of these?” I called out, holding up the bag.

“Sure,” she replied simply as she sat on the couch.

I admit that I was surprised. “Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay. I just thought it might help me relax a bit.”

“Totally. I could use that too,” Shannon agreed.

I pulled a joint out from the bag and then went to the kitchen to seek some flame.

“Gas stove?” Shannon called out.

“Nah, it’s electric. But here’s some matches.”

I returned to the couch and lit the end, puffing it alive until the sweet smoke filled my lungs. Rather soon, that familiar knot of feeling started to gather below my throat. I let out the first hit and then took another, holding the bone out to Shannon as I held my breath.

We were soon feeling ripped. Wherever Lara had gotten this stuff from, it was potent. I figured it was probably Jonah’s. I ended up snuffing the joint out after Shannon said she’d had enough. I was done, too. The general discomfort of the gig’s end melted away as I stayed perfectly still on the couch, feeling myself continually sink into its deep cushion. Moving, yet unmoving.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.