Student Assistance
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

After a long while, she asked me, “Brad, what’s your story?”

“I haven’t been through your heartbreak and pain. My parents were just normal types like yours are now. I have a younger sister who will graduate this May though she doesn’t know if she is coming here or going closer to home. I went with a girl through most of high school and last year but she flunked out after last spring. We continued to see each other over the summer but we were parting company. She sent me a ‘dear john’ letter by email in early January. I hope she meets someone who will make her happy. We just really weren’t right for each other. For the last two years, she wanted to party and I had to study. I run track but I’m not really that good. I place but don’t win.

“My parents are churchgoers, too, like I said. I am comfortable with my beliefs but don’t press them on others. My mom never preaches but people are drawn to her goodness and come to believe that way. My dad is more upfront but never presses. They are Sunday school teachers, too. Some of my friends asked me if I were uncomfortable when they taught my class and I told them that I really didn’t understand the question. I like my parents and enjoy being with them. They would like you, even if you told your story. Mom likes to say that she sees what is and what can be.”

My arm was extended down her back with my hand on her hip. She gave my chest a squeeze and I gave her hip a squeeze back.

We lay together like that for more time. I was enjoying having her against me with the sun and the breeze. I said, “This has been a magical time. It’s your fault. Thank you.”

She chuckled and pulled me close. I pulled my arm around to embrace her and kissed her forehead. She went up on an elbow and I returned my arm to holding up my head. She said, “I feel like we’ve known each other for years. I feel comfortable with you. I trust you, Brad.”

“Thank you. You fit in my arms perfectly. Your kisses are to be treasured and your smiles to be coveted. What can I say, it’s a great day!”

She looked at me and said, “How about an early dinner since we missed lunch. Then you can come to my room and talk some more. We can even study together.”

“You don’t even know my major nor I yours.”

“I am a chemistry major. What is yours?”

“I am in engineering. I don’t have to declare beyond that until the end of this year. Then, I will either go mechanical or electrical.”

She put her arm down and her head on my shoulder. We lay together some more. I don’t think either of us wanted to move but were just enjoying the closeness of our bodies.

It was a bit later and the sun was finally headed down when we both moved to get up. I got untangled and helped her up though she didn’t need it. It was just another excuse to touch her. She smiled her thanks and I felt more than amply paid for my slight effort and tipped on top of that.

I looked around as I folded the blanket. She looked at me curiously. I said, “I wanted to memorize this spot. It is now special.” I got that dazzling smile and she came into my arms. We kissed again taking our time this time and enjoying the feeling of our bodies close to each other. I dropped the blanket.

As I bent to pick it up and refold it, we started laughing. It was silly and maybe not even funny but the laughs were just an expression of the pleasure of being with each other. She helped me fold it. I tucked it under my arm and she held her hand out for mine. Holding hands, we went back to her dorm and her room.

Once there, she said, “Do you need anything from your room?”

“No. I should let my roommate know that I’m okay though have been abducted by a lovely pirate.”

She grinned and put her arms around me. “Am I holding you against your will?”

I grinned back and said, “Oh, no! I’m ‘willing’ to enjoy it.”

“Very punny.”

I grinned. “I hoped so. I was trying.”

“You are very trying.”

We laughed together and I gave her a soft kiss on her lips. She murmured, “You can do better than that.”

“I don’t want to miss supper!” I said it in a whiny voice. She laughed and I pulled her close and kissed her with the passion that I felt. That kiss went on for a long time.

“You’re right. If we don’t go now, we will miss supper.” She led me out into the hall and out of the dorm. I enjoyed holding hands with her. Her hand fit right in mine very comfortably. I enjoyed the looks of other guys who were jealous of me because of the lovely lady by my side.

She whispered in my ear. “There are some unhappy girls because I’m with you.” She chuckled. “I may keep you.”

“I hope so.” We laughed together some more.

We ate in the cafeteria. My roommate came by and was introduced. Paul said that he understood why I missed my eleven o’clock class. I told him I wouldn’t be in until late. He said, “Karen, you’re gorgeous. If you get tired of Brad, let me know so I can get in at the front of the line.” She blushed.

He left and a female friend of hers came by. Melissa said, “Who is he?” Karen introduced me. Melissa said, “You have good taste, Karen. He’s yummy. I wouldn’t mind a bite.” I blushed.

We finished eating and I carried our trays to the washing station. As I was returning, I saw that Melissa and two other girls were with Karen. A guy in our English class came up to me and said, “Are you with the red head?”

“Yes.”

“Good move, man. Very good move. She’s hot.”

I made it to Karen while the three girls were still there. She said, “Let’s go to my dorm room and study.”

I said, “Anywhere you want to go, my dear. I will be proud to be your companion.”

I held out my arm for hers. Melissa and the other three were open-mouthed. Karen slipped her arm into mine. “Let’s go then, Brad.” We left them staring at us. I don’t think I had ever been prouder to have a female on my arm than then. I admitted to myself that this girl was not becoming but was already special, very special, to me.

We reached Karen’s dorm room and went inside. A couple of her friends saw us and grinned at her. I saw one give her a thumbs-up. Karen closed the door and pulled me into her arms and gave me a quick kiss.

She said, “Do you have anything to study?”

I smiled and said, “Just you. It may be a lifetime’s work.” That got me kissed again.

She pulled back finally. “I really do want to talk to you. I’m reacting to you like I have never reacted to anyone in my life. It scares me.”

“I don’t want to scare you but I’ve never reacted this way before either. I want to be with you, to hold you, and to learn everything I can about the fascinating person who is Karen Mason.”

“Brad, we don’t even know why we have been pushed together. It troubles me a little though I like you and I’m not sorry we have met and spent time together. I would like to continue to do that. I find you an easy guy to be around.”

“Karen, I’m enjoying this too much to question it though the issue does prick the back of my mind. I admit what I said was true. ‘Anywhere you want to go. I will be proud to be your companion.’ That stands for as long as you want me around.”

“You should be careful. That might be a long time.”

“I hope so.” She sat on her bed. I stood there. She patted the bed beside her. “I want you to sit here and put your arms around me while we talk.”

I smiled. As I moved to do her bidding, I said, “It is my pleasure.” By then, we had our arms around each other. I continued, “I will be glad to hear anything you have to say.”

She looked at little troubled. I said, “This is moving quickly. I will not push you nor will I push a relationship on you. However, I will not deny the emotion that I feel toward you I will cheerfully accept whatever your heart may grant me.”

She pulled at me and I heard her cry and some of my shirt became wet. She was holding me to her almost frantically. I held on and she calmed. After a while, she pulled back. She reached for a tissue and dabbed her eyes and blew her nose.

She looked at me and said, “That was romantic.”

“I meant every word.”

“I know you did. I was referencing my nose blowing though.”

We chuckled. Then, we laughed. Then, we laughed harder until we collapsed back on her bed not touching except for the warmth of our emotions toward one another. We finally got our laughter under control and regained our strength.

I sat up. I patted her leg close to the knee. “I like you.”

“Thank you, Brad. I like you, too. It’s more important that I am comfortable with your presence and trust you. I’ve never thought to have someone in this room before. Melissa made all sorts of suggestive comments because she saw us leave from here to go eat.”

At that moment, there was a loud knock on the door. I was closest so got up. I pulled the door wide open. By then, Karen was sitting up and looking at the door peacefully. She said, “What do you want, Melissa?”

Melissa blushed. She said, “I had hoped to be interrupting something.”

“We were talking and enjoying our conversation. Other than disappointing your prurient interests, is there anything you want?”

“I just wondered if you were going to breakfast in the morning with me? Or were you going to still be talking to Brad?”

“I will have breakfast with you. Brad is not staying the night.”

Melissa said, “Oh! Okay. I’ll see you in the morning then. Bye, Brad.” I pushed the door closed gently.

I said, “I am guessing that she doesn’t come knock on your door to ask that very often.”

Karen laughed. “She never has before but I’ve never had a guy in here before either.”

“Karen, I can go. I don’t want to mess up your reputation or get you in trouble with your friends.”

“Brad, you will not go! I want you here. Actually, I would like for you to stay the night but I will not give in to that desire. I depend upon you to help me not give in.” I nodded. “I really want us to talk. I want to get to know Bradley Gillis inside and out. I want to learn about his heart.”

I said softly, “Just open your hand. It’s been there for you to examine all day.”

Her eyes were shining. “Come here.” She pulled me onto the bed on my back and got on top of me. She kissed me for a long time with a lot of body squirming. She was holding my head in her hands and I had one arm over her back and the other caressing her hip. She finished the kiss but didn’t move away. I could feel her breasts boring delightful holes in my chest. I didn’t try to hold her down, just steady. She said, “I really do want to talk to you and learn about you.”

I couldn’t resist it. “I just love the way you talk.” I chuckled. She looked irritated for a half second and then smiled. I said, “Seriously, ask me anything or just talk and I’ll take part in the discussion.”

“Where is this leading?”

I realized she was serious. I said, “I truly don’t know. I do know where I think I would like it to go.” I stopped.

She said, “Go on.”

“Okay, I hope we fall in love. I hope we marry and I can devote my life to making you happy and satisfied that you followed that dumb message you received this morning. I would like to think we would be partners in love and raise some fine children that look like you.”

She smiled slowly. “That’s close to too much information.”

“I’m sorry. I promised to tell the truth. I don’t want to push you, scare you, or have you think I might harm you.”

“Don’t be sorry, Brad. You’re honest and you didn’t put a time on any of that so you’re not pushing. I don’t think you would harm me or let me come to harm. Remember this later tonight when you’re back in your room. I didn’t say that I didn’t like that direction.” She got up. “It’s time for you to go to your room while it’s still early enough to have Melissa think that nothing happened.”

“I would like to think that something did happen.”

She looked me in the eye. “Something did, Brad.” She stood up and pulled at me. I stood up. She said, “What’s your schedule tomorrow?”

“I have a class from eight to ten in the morning and a lab from twelve thirty to two after lunch. I’ll be at the student center from ten to twelve fifteen standing outside hoping a beautiful redhead comes by where I’m standing.”

She chuckled. “Well said, I think your chances are very good that she will come by. Perhaps you might take her to the cafeteria for lunch. You could tell her then your plans for that evening so she will be dressed appropriately.” She put her arms around my neck and pulled me to her lips. She kissed me hard but not long. She released me. “Go, take your books. I will see you tomorrow morning.” I nodded at her, grabbed my books and left with the taste of her lips on mine. She had opened the door wide to show that she was dressed as was I. I saw Melissa dodge back inside her room. I left and walked the hundred yards to my dorm and went to my room. Paul was there.

He said, “I wasn’t sure you would get back tonight.” I said nothing. Paul added, “I will say this. Lisa was a pretty girl but this Karen is in an entirely different and much classier league.”

I nodded and smiled. “Good night, Paul.” I went to bed and slept soundly to the vision of a beautiful smile and dark red hair framing an expressive pair of green eyes that looked at me.

I think I smiled all night. Paul and I got up at the same time since we both had an eight o’clock class. We bathed, shaved, and went through the normal preparations for a day. We were usually quiet. I did ask one question, “Paul, where is a good restaurant I can afford and what’s happening tonight to do?”

He grinned. You’ve got a date with her!” I nodded slowly. He said, “For dinner, there are two local choices. Angelo’s is great Italian and the Tokyo House is great for Chinese though the name makes no sense. Other than those two, stick to the chains. Tonight, the orchestra is playing. You would love it. It’s Mozart.” He was right. I like most classical music but Mozart is far and away my favorite. “Besides, if you take her there, she will wear a dress. I bet her legs are spectacular!”

I didn’t say anything but I agreed. Everything about her was spectacular. I just said, “Thanks, Paul. It will give me a chance to use my car, too.”

“Okay, buddy. Should I expect you back tomorrow night?”

“Yes but I will be late. I not trying to rush this. She is special.”

He grinned and slapped me lightly on the back. We went off to our classes. As I walked over, I checked my phone though I had heard nothing last night.

I had a message from a number I didn’t know. I played it. It was the same voice that I heard on Karen’s phone. It said, “You should meet Karen at ten o’clock Brad.”

I saved it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.