The Equations - Cover

The Equations

Copyright© 2014 by phelani

Chapter 2

Gloria Carter, still in her t-shirt and jeans, walked into her manager's office. Rows of tall windows formed two of the sides, one row looking out at a half-occupied open-plan cube farm and the other to a conference room. The other two walls were covered with a double row of two-meter vidscreens. The furniture was generic, plain white, and every horizontal surface was covered with data storage artifacts. Gloria recognized three sizes of floppies, a reel of half-inch magnetic tape and a couple of papyrus scrolls buried in the books, stacks of paper and piles of datachips of various sorts. "Mission accomplished, Boss."

He nodded at a screen on his desk. "I was watching. Good job, but was it really necessary to stick him like a pig and let him bleed out?"

She shrugged. "Little pachucho deserved it. He originally got clipped in a drive-by a couple of days later. No impact. I thought of taking a gun and blowing his head off but this didn't introduce any contamination."

"Like I said, good job. Now go home."

Gloria stretched and covered a yawn with her hand. "Yeah. Time for some ganja, a hot bath, a tall drink and some serious eyelid maintenance. See you tomorrow, if we're still here."

"Yeah, if we're still here."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.