Overboard Too! - Cover

Overboard Too!

Copyright© 2013 by Friar Tuck

Chapter 44

Kaitlyn's turn:

Okay. I can do this. Graduation day!

Not easy waking up this morning. We stayed up too late last night, talking, playing Yahtzee, eating popcorn, and letting the excitement just drain out. I still can't believe what happened yesterday! It's all just so much like a dream. Some parts were like a nightmare, but other parts were good.

The good parts? Mom can see! She laughs and says that now I have to stand up straight and walk with good posture, like she tried to show me even when she couldn't see to do it. Now I gotta be careful, 'cause she can't just "see" me slouch, she can SEE me slouch! Mom can see! Thank you LORD! Like Mom says, You still do miracles.

Still, it was kind of traumatic, getting run off the road, bouncing off that light pole. All the confusion, and hearing everyone screaming for Mom!

And then turning and seeing him pointing that gun at me. Hearing the bullet go so close to my ear. Not understanding what was happening, but knowing we were all in danger. His face. It was ugly, twisted, inhuman. If hate has a face, that was it. He raised his gun again and pointed it at me.

And then the one thing both bad and good, that I will see in my memory forever:

Laurel jumped in front of me to protect me!

She was willing to give herself up to save me!

Then she fell, or got knocked down, and I could see Leland again.

But he looked different. That hatred on his face had turned to surprise, confusion, and his head snapped forward, and he kept leaning towards me, until he fell on his face. I think I'd have nightmares for the rest of my life over that, if it hadn't ended the bad part right there. Still, it seemed like the bad was going to go on forever.

I kept waking up in the night and seeing it, over and over again. And I kept crying. And hugging her. And thanking her. And God.

Oooooo, drifting. Must have dozed off again.

Mmmmm! Rob! Another Good Part's right here with Laurel and me.

How'd he get in between us, anyway? Arms around both of us, but I think he's still asleep. I raise my head and look across him at Laurel, and see she's awake too, and smiling at me.

"Hi."

"G'Morning!"

"Sleep okay?"

"Mostly. Somebody kept grabbing onto me in the night, and hugging, and I finally had to crawl over this guy and use him as a shield!"

"Oh no! I'm sorry! It wasn't a dream. Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"No, it's okay, still sore, but it's okay. Know what?"

"What?"

"I love you, that's what."

"I know, and I love you, too."

"Know what else?"

"What?"

"I gotta pee!" We're laughing now.

"Me too. Can you get untangled without waking him up?"

"I dunno, can you?"

"Ladies, I'm awake, and I gotta pee too!"

Okay, that got us moving! And laughing harder. And he almost beat us to the john.

Back to Rob:

One more day! Graduation tonight and then tomorrow we have a date with Hector! Gotta get up and get moving.

Almost did myself in, trying to be chivalrous, letting the girls get to the bathroom before me. Almost didn't make it to the other bathroom down the hall, praying all the way that Suzy or Richelle wouldn't be in there. Was wearing skivvies, but, still...

They weren't, thank goodness, but I was just about done when I felt a draft, and heard a suppressed, "Oooopfs!" behind me, followed by a giggle and a slam of the bathroom door. Got done and shook it off, and got out, brushing past the almost-dry scanties hanging from the shower rod. This living with four beautiful women is a trying experience!

Kay and Laurel started breakfast while I showered, and by the time I made it out to the kitchen I could smell the coffee, and there was something in the oven that smelled like it was gonna be good enough to eat!

I walked into the kitchen just in time to see our two bodyguards waving goodbye as they headed towards the door, and out to work. All four girls looked at me and giggled again at something, then Richelle leaned in and whispered something, and my sweet Kaitlyn lit up bright red. Again. And this time Laurel joined her, while the other two burst into maniacal laughter and ducked out the door.

Suzy stuck her head back in for a second and asked, "Six o'clock at the Field House?"

Kay nodded, and Laurel said, "We'll be inside already, but the rest will be waiting for you there, by the Alumni Display." A nod, and Suzy was out the door.

The oven timer buzzed, and Kay grabbed a potholder and retrieved a pan of cinnamon rolls. "Richelle started these for us. They're out of a cardboard tube, but they're plenty good enough for a busy day. Only gonna frost half of them, too sweet otherwise."

"I know what's sweeter." I slid over and kissed her. She blushed. Kissed me back.

Laurel piped up, "Awww! You two are gonna give me a sugar high!" Kept at it, "But there'll be plenty of time for that, tomorrow! Got too much to do today as it is. Hey! Now cut that out!" She looked out of the corner of her eye at Kay, "Or get a room!"

Kaitlyn said, "For what? You'd just follow us!"

"Yup, I would!"

We were all laughing as we sat down to coffee and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Kay fixed those beautiful eyes on me and asked, "Rob, sweetie, are we really going to spend the weekend on the boat?" I must have looked puzzled, because she said, "No, no, nothing wrong, just wondering if we have time to get everything ready for that, with everything else that's been going on. I mean, food, water, clothes, all that. Is there much we need to do before we go out for an overnight? Or two."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.