Overboard Too! - Cover

Overboard Too!

Copyright© 2013 by Friar Tuck

Chapter 9

Author's note: Someone asked if I had any idea what Donna told Kay, and vice versa. I don't think Kay would mind if I told you, and right now I don't care if Donna has a problem with it! Anyway...

Kay's turn:

I'm not sure just what I feel right now. I do know that Rob and I got a little bit ahead of ourselves, and things almost got out of hand. But Rob ('cause he's older? – don't tell him I said that!) was so sweet and considerate, and he understood what was bothering me even before I did! We agreed to pull back a little, and try to get away from the first impression (first infatuation?) that we had both got hammered with. So, we're gonna spend the night here on the boat, in separate sleeping bags of course, and head back to the marina early in the morning.

Rob said I should probably call to let Donna know I was all right, so she wouldn't worry. Right then I really didn't care if she was worried or not, after she had dragged me into that whole party barge scene! I was pissed! (Pardon my French!) But then again I guess I should cut her some slack, because if I hadn't been there I would never have met the man I'm suddenly thinking I just might want to spend the rest of my life with!

Boy does that sound strange! Never had a steady boyfriend, never more than an occasional date with any guy, and there I was, almost ready to give it up to a man I'd met only a few hours ago! Yes, I know about sex, but not from first-hand experience. Well, I guess that's not entirely true, if you count my own hand. I wonder if Rob ... Gawd! I hope he doesn't see me blushing now! I just know he'll guess what I'm thinking about!

Anyway, I called Donna and her roommate answered:

"Hi Leza! Is Donna back yet?"

"Kay? Is that you? Donna came home a little tipsy, and a lot worried about you! Just a minute and I'll get her! Hey Donna! It's Kay!"

I heard a door slam, and some rustling, and she yipped like she'd stubbed her toe on the coffee table – again -- and then the phone being handed off.

"Owwwww! Kay? Oh Kay! OmigodI'msosorry! I had no idea Todd was gonna do that! It was supposed to be just a friendly day trip, and omigod! I was afraid you got kidnapped or murdered or omigod are you all right? I'm sooorrrry! I never..."

I took the phone away from my ear at about that point, so I could still hear her blubbering away, but couldn't quite get what she was saying. Been there done that, got a tee-shirt with Donna's picture, crying into the phone. Doesn't fit any more, but I still keep it to mop up spilled milk, if you know what I mean. Then she stopped and said "Kay? Say something! And that old guy in the sailboat looked so ... I was so worr..."

I broke in at that point. "Are. You. Finished?" I was boiling by then, and I let her have the whole pot full! "Do you realize what that sonofabitch was gonna do to me? What he almost did to me!? Are you that much of an airhead that you didn't even think about what he might have been planning? I mean, you know him better than I do, you know all of those goons better than I do! And I trusted your judgment! Last time I do that! You're lucky if I even talk to you on campus after this! Who in hell do you think I am, or you are?"

I stopped then. It's hard to keep on yelling at Donna. She is such a loveable girl. Loveable and naïve. Okay, loveable and naïve and an airhead. She was waiting for me to stop, I guess, because I heard, very softly, "Kay?"

"What?"

"Are you mad at me again?"

Ya see what I mean? It's really easy to get mad at Donna, but it's almost impossible to stay mad at her! I sighed, and said "Well, yeah, still a little miffed, I guess. But Donna, would you please start using your head for something besides keeping your ears from slamming together! This could have turned out a whole lot worse, and then what would you have felt like? But yes, I'm okay,,, in fact, I'm better than okay! In fact, I'm probably the okay-est I've ever been, and I guess I've got you, partly, to thank for it! See ya at school tomorrow! Bye!" and I ignored her sputtering and shut off my phone. That'll fix her wagon! Hee hee!

Then I went back up to talk to Rob, and we decided on a plan.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.