Big Red
Chapter 6: Unexpected Developments

Copyright© 2013 by Coaster2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6: Unexpected Developments - Ten Years in the life of an extraordinary young woman.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   First  

It seemed like the days surrounding the July 4th holiday had become the timing for Paul Cooke to spring big news on Pete. It was then that he first contacted Pete with the first contract offers and it was then that he told Pete about Memphis picking up his option with a substantial increase.

"Hey, Pete, how's it going?"

"Good, Cookie. How about you?"

"Great. Couldn't be better. Say ... you and Brenda going to be around early next week?"

"Yeah. Bren's knee deep in paint colors and carpet for the new house. You thinkin' of coming down?"

"Yeah, if it's okay with you guys. How about Tuesday?"

"Fine. Why don't you plan to stay the night? We've got room."

"Thanks ... I'll probably do that."

"Good. See you then, Cookie."

"What was that all about?" Brenda asked as she strolled into the kitchen.

"Cookie's coming down next Tuesday to visit. I guess he wants to see the house."

"Okay. We've got an extra bedroom, so he can stay over if he wants. It's a fair drive back to Indianapolis."

"Yeah, he'll stay. I guess his business is going really well these days."

"As long as he keeps picking winners like you for clients, how can he lose?" she chuckled.


The following Tuesday, Brenda answered the door when she heard the chime and welcomed Paul Cooke.

"Hi, Cookie, good to see you," she said brightly, giving him a hug.

"You too, Brenda. I had a look at the house and it looks great. How close to finishing it are you?"

"One month if all the appliances, carpets and drapes arrive on time. I'm really excited about it. It's been ages since we dug the foundation. I'm glad we weren't in a rush."

"Well, with all that acreage, you've got yourself a real country estate. I'm envious."

Just then the door opened again and Pete came into the mobile home.

"Hey, Cookie. Good to see you," he said, holding out his hand.

"You too, Pete."

"What brings you down this way?"

"You! I seem to be spending more time on your account these days. I've got some business to discuss with you."

"You guys go ahead," Brenda said, "I've got some things to do."

"I think you should stay, Brenda. You'll want to hear this too," the agent said with a smile.

"Oh ... like what?" she responded, sitting back down at the kitchen table.

"Have you got a beer, Pete?"

"Sure. I'll join you," he said, pulling two bottles from the fridge. Brenda was nursing an ice tea.

When all three were seated at the table, Paul took out a folder from his briefcase and laid it in front of him.

"I had a call from Mark Sorensen a few days ago. There's been a bit of a shuffle at the top of the Grizzlies organization and he's been named the new General Manager."

"Yeah, I heard that. He was assistant G.M. before so this is a promotion," Pete said.

"Yup. You might also want to know that he wasn't all that keen on drafting Demetrius Saunders. Unknown to anyone but Sandor Angelli and his former boss, Mark thought you were the best option for them. I guess your performance this season showed him he was a good judge of talent," Paul smiled.

"That's nice to know. I guess that takes all the heat off Sandor then."

"Absolutely! He's got a new contract thanks to you. Coaching job security ain't much these days but he's looked after for the foreseeable future."

"Good to hear it. He's a good guy and easy to play for."

"Yes ... well ... that brings me to the next order of business. Mark wants to renegotiate your contract," Paul said with a stern face.

"Renegotiate? Why?"

Paul's face broke into a big smile. "He thinks you're underpaid. He wants to offer you a new contract more in line with a starting point guard and first class playmaker. He doesn't see why Demetrius should be making more money than you."

"Are you kidding me? Last I hear, the kid was making three mil this year, and more next year."

"Don't believe everything you read. As the fifth pick in the draft, he'll make about nine million in the first three years according to the rookie salary scale. They can renegotiate in the second or third year, but not now. According to the collective bargaining agreement, you, because you've played two full years, can make a considerable amount more."

"How much is 'considerable?'"

"Mark's offering fifteen over the next three years. Four, five, and six in the option year."

Pete and Paul heard the breath whistle out of Brenda. The look on her face was one of complete shock.

"What do you think, Cookie?" Pete asked, trying to remain calm.

"I've spent some time looking at what other guys in your position make. I'm not just talking about point guard but also about guys who haven't been in the league very long. It's not a bad offer but I think we should look at it differently. You've said all along that you didn't want to play more than a couple of years. Well, now they're dangling some big money to help you change your mind. I know this is a decision that both you and Brenda have to make so here's what I'm going to suggest."

"Go on," Brenda said, listening intently.

"I'm suggesting we negotiate a two year contract, making sure Mark knows that your easiest option is to retire and live here in Indiana. We won't mention money at this stage. It's really important that he understands you never did plan to make a long term career of basketball and that you're playing as long as you get to play and enjoy the game. This changes the dynamic of the negotiations. Let's see what he thinks of that."

"What happens if he doesn't go for it?"

"Then you play out your option at two-and-a-half million and retire, just as you planned to all along."

Pete was nodding. He looked at Brenda. "What do you think, Bren?"

"I don't know. The numbers are so big, I don't know what to think. When do we have to make a decision?" she asked.

"Well ... you don't have a deadline, really. If they want to present an offer, then that's up to them. We can accept or reject it. You already know you have a contract for this year so you don't have any risk, just the possibility of a bigger reward."

"I was thinking, Bren. Lionel said he and Juanita had the same kind of plan we did, then they kept offering him more money and he's still playing six years later. Maybe we should talk to them as see what they think."

"That sounds like a good idea, Pete. Get another opinion from someone who's been there and thinks a lot like you do," Paul offered.

Brenda was nodding her agreement.

"Okay, that's what we'll do then. I'll call Lionel and see if we can get together with them up in New York. We could both use a break from this house thing anyway."

"Fine. Glad that's settled. Now, for the other business," Paul said, opening the folder in front of him."

"Other business?" Pete and Brenda said in harmony.

"Yes. It seems that Pete's fame and skill on the basketball court has attracted the attention of a number of prime advertisers on the Grizzlies' radio and TV broadcasts. I have some endorsement offers in front of me that look like they might be worthwhile. Why don't I go over them with you?"

For the next hour, the three discussed the possibility of Pete doing commercial endorsements of products and services for the sponsors of the broadcasts. When they totaled up the income from them, it added almost eighty thousand dollars to their annual income.

"I realize it's not a huge amount of money compared to your salary but it gets your face in front of the public and you never know where that can lead. It can also attract national advertisers and they pay quite a bit more."

"How much of my time is this going to take? I'm no actor, Cookie. You know that."

"Pete, what you've got going for you is your good looks, clean image and gorgeous wife. I'll be surprised if Brenda doesn't get some offers for work too. As a pair, you'd be dynamite."

"Why would anyone hire me?" Brenda asked.

"First of all, you're Pete's wife and husband-wife commercials can be very effective. Secondly, you look terrific and you'd look great on TV. Anyway, we're getting ahead of ourselves. If you're interested, let me know and I'll set up the interviews. You can try some, all, or none of them. It's up to you."

After Paul had left the next morning, Pete and Brenda sat in the living area of their mobile home, almost overwhelmed at what he had dumped on them. A new contract? TV and radio commercials? Brenda too? It was going to take some thinking and advice. Without saying anything, Pete picked up the phone and punched in the numbers for the Jackson's home in Hammondsport, New York.

"Juanita? It's Pete Polson. How are you?

"Hi Pete. We're all great. The kids are out with Lionel on the boat right now. Did you want to talk to him?"

"Yes and no. Actually, Brenda and I wanted to talk to both of you. I've been offered a new contract and I wanted your advice, considering we're both in the same situation. We both will have a big house that's just a summer home so far. Would it be all right if we came up and talked to you about it?"

"Of course it would. And we've got plenty of space so don't even think about staying in a motel. When can you come?"

Pete looked at Brenda and mouthed the word "when."

She smiled and took the phone from Pete. "Hi Juanita. We're pretty free right now. My dad will look after letting the contractors in to finish the house so we can get away pretty much any time."

"Great. Let me make sure Lionel doesn't have any plans and I'll call you back. In the meantime, start packing. It'll be fun having you guys up here in the north woods," she giggled. "Oh ... and bring your swimsuits."

"Okay ... we'll wait to hear from you. Thanks, Juanita. We really appreciate your help."

"Thank goodness we've got someone to talk to about this. Someone we can trust," Brenda said.

"Yeah. I may call Sandor, too. I know he'll want me to play but I'd like to get his take on this too."

Later that afternoon, Pete called Sandor Angelli at his home. Gina, his wife, answered the phone.

"Hello, Pete. Nice to hear from you. Did you want to speak to Sandor?"

"Yes, I would. I want to congratulate him on his new contract and get his advice on something."

Gina laughed. "That advice wouldn't be about a new contract offer, would it?"

"Aw ... you know me too well, Gina. It caught us by surprise and I wanted Coach's take on it."

"He should be home in an hour or so, Pete. I'll get him to call you when he comes back. I'm sure he'd like to talk to you."

They signed off and true to her word, the phone rang just before three that afternoon.

"Hey, Pete, it's Sandor."

"Hi ... thanks for calling me back. Sorry to interrupt your vacation time."

"No problem. I was playing golf with a couple of my neighbors and my agent. It's a good thing I'm well paid. All three of those guys took my money."

"I heard about the new contract and the changes at the top. Congratulations, Coach. You deserve every dime. And better still, you've got a strong supporter as your boss. That's great."

"Yes it is. I feel a lot more secure about running the team my way now. But I know that's not the only reason you called. Mark told me he wanted to talk to your agent about renegotiating. I assume he got a call?"

"Yeah. They've offered me a contract extension and a nice raise. Paul Cooke, my agent, thinks that we'll counter with a two year offer. Brenda and I always planned to have me retire after a couple of years and start a family here in Fairmount. The fact that I have a new contract and I'm playing a lot more has us wondering what the right thing to do is."

"Boy, you've come to the wrong place for an unbiased opinion, Pete. You're a natural born leader and you've got all the skills to be an all-star in this league. I'd be crazy to tell you that retiring early is a good idea. You're so young, strong and fit that I can see you playing for another ten years easily. Just look at guys like Steve Nash. As much as he plays, as hard as he plays, he seldom gets injured. I think you need another opinion besides mine. I want you to stay."

"Well, that's honest, anyway," Pete chuckled. "Actually, we're going to see the Jacksons in a couple of days. Lionel and I think similarly and I know his original plan was like mine ... you know ... play a couple of years, then settle down and join the workforce."

"You couldn't pick a better guy to talk to than him. I'm so glad you and he are friends. I wish all our players had the kinds of values you and the Jacksons have. My life would be so simple," he said.

"Actually, Coach, most of the guys on our team are pretty straight. I don't know them all but I don't see many examples of questionable behavior. Maybe they keep it off-court but only a couple of them are party types."

"That's not an accident, Pete. That's why Mark and I weren't enthusiastic about drafting Demetrius. He was high risk and that turned out to be the case ... at least for a while. We may be out of the woods with him but time will tell. In the meantime, take this one thing with you when you go to see Lionel; I want to see both of you side-by-side in an all-star game three years from now."

"Okay, Coach. I get the message. Whatever we decide, I'll let you know first. Brenda has a big say in this and so does Juanita."

"That's how it's supposed to be. Gina gets the last word and she only has one rule. 'Make sure it's still fun.' Right now, Pete, it's the most fun I've had. Good luck and let me know what you decide."

Pete felt good about the conversation with Sandor. He was right, of course. He wasn't an unbiased observer. He wanted Pete to play and the longer the better. But his wife, Gina, was right too. "Make sure it's still fun." Brenda had said something similar to him a year ago when his first contract was renewed. Despite the fact that he wasn't playing for a perennial winner, he still felt good about playing and contributing. As long as it stayed that way he could live with it.

They arrived at the Jackson's home early afternoon on Monday, the following week. They'd diverted to Niagara Falls since neither of them had ever been there, then drove the scenic northern state roads to Hammondsport. When they arrived at the Jackson home, it was quite a sight. It was more like a big lodge, sitting on an embankment overlooking a lake. They had a boathouse and dock, with stairs leading up to the home. It reminded Brenda of Johnny's parents' place in Rhode Island.

The Jacksons were there to greet them when they arrived.

"Hi Brenda ... Pete," Juanita called as she strode down the path to the driveway. "Welcome to paradise."

"Oh, Juanita, it's beautiful," Brenda exclaimed. "How can you stay away from here?"

"I'll tell you about it later. Right now, let's get your bags into the house and we can sit on the deck and catch up."

"Pete," Lionel announced proudly, "this is our family. The oldest is Maria, next is Lionel Junior and the little one is Carmen. Say hello to Mr. Polson, children."

"Hello, Mr. Polsum," the kids said almost in one voice.

Pete laughed and bent to shake their hands as they were offered. They were cute and well-behaved. Just what he was hoping his own children would be like.

"Beautiful place and a beautiful family, Lionel. This really is paradise. What a great way to spend the summer."

"It is, Pete. When I'm done playing, this is going to be our nine month home instead of our three month home."

"Oh ... where will you go the other three months?"

"South. Winter here is lonely and cold. I'm planning on finding someplace warm for the winter months."

"What about school for the kids?"

"Juanita's a qualified teacher. That's what she majored in at Portland. We've decided to home-school the children. In fact, we've already started."

"Yeah ... I can see how that would work for you. I think it would be hard for us to be away in the winter, especially during Christmas. Besides, I like the change of seasons, at least in Indiana. We won't feel isolated I don't think."

"I can bring our parents down to wherever we are for Christmas or Thanksgiving, Lionel continued. "They all get along fine so it won't be a problem. We've missed out on a lot of holidays while we were going to school and now playing. I make sure the kids and Juanita get to see the grandparents at Christmas, even if I can't be there."

Pete was nodding and thinking at the same time.

"You know we've got a new G.M., I guess," he said.

"Yep. Good move, in my book," Lionel said, looking carefully at Pete. "Let me guess ... they want to renegotiate your contract," he smiled.

"Yeah. Three years. A lot more money. It's something to think about so we thought we should talk to you and Juanita. You've been through this before. We'd appreciate your advice."

"I'm not comfortable giving advice, Pete. What works for us might not work for you. I can tell you why we decided to keep playing."

"Yeah, well, that's really what I meant. We started out with a plan, as you know. Play two years, then retire and get on with life. Then they offered me a new contract so it became three years. Now there's another offer on the table and that would make it five years."

"Funny how that works, isn't it?" Lionel smiled. "They want you to play and I don't blame them. You came into your own this year, Pete. You spent your time last year on the bench and playing garbage minutes. But you learned. You sucked it up and learned. Then, when the chance came along this year, you made the most of it. I watched you, Pete. You were having fun. Just like me, you were having fun. And the crazy bastards were paying us for it," he laughed.

"I'm still playing because I'm enjoying it. They pay us a shitload of money to play a game. I've got all I need to look after my family for the rest of their lives. I have a smart, beautiful wife and three wonderful children. Our parents are alive and well and we can help them have a comfortable retirement. I can't think of anything we'll ever want or need that would be more important than that."

Pete sat back in his chair and smiled. It was all so simple, really. Do what you enjoy and make sure you look after the future. Future children especially.

As they lay in bed in the guest room, Brenda rolled over and held Pete. "What would you think if we started our family sooner rather than later?"

"Those three little kids got to you, didn't they?" Pete chuckled.

"Yeah. Mostly though, Juanita and I talked about you playing and me being on my own from time to time. They started their family early because she got pregnant right after she finished college. Maria was born just before Lionel got to be a starter in his rookie year. After that, they just carried on and decided three was enough. Would that work for us?"

"Yes ... and maybe."

"What does that mean?" Brenda asked.

"Yes, it would work for us because we both want children and I know you're going to be a great mother. Maybe is about living in an apartment with a baby. I'm thinking we should look at buying or renting a house while we're living there. It would mean our new home would be a summer home, just like this one is but that's not forever."

"You've been thinking about this too, haven't you?"

"Same as you," Pete admitted. "Ever since we saw those three little tykes, I figured you'd be bringing the subject up."

"For a jock, you're pretty smart," she teased.

"For a babe, you're pretty domestic. Are you ready to be a mother?"

"Yes. The day I married you I was ready. It's something we both want so why wait?"

"I want what you want, Bren. I don't care when, but if it's sooner I'll be happy."

"Then it's settled. I'm off the pill as of now. It won't happen right away you know."

"If it takes a month or so, at least the end of it won't be during the heat of summer. I remember Mom saying that was uncomfortable for her."

"Now isn't that just like you, worrying about my comfort. I don't care, Pete. I love you and I want your children. Our children. I think we're going to have beautiful babies."

"Want to get started now?" he asked, tickling her lightly.

"What a good idea," Brenda responded, climbing on him and rubbing her body up and down his.

At breakfast the next morning, Pete mentioned they might be looking for a house to rent instead of the apartment. Juanita's head came up and a smile formed immediately.

"You're going to sign, aren't you," she said to Pete.

"Yes, probably. I don't know how long this will last but Lionel and Sandor both said the same thing ... as long as it's still fun."

"We've also decided not to wait to start a family," Brenda said with a big grin.

"Good for you, girl. So, you two must have had some serious discussion last night."

"Yeah ... pillow talk, you know."

"You okay with Pete playing longer?"

"Yes. As long as he's happy, we'll be fine. We can see how it works for you and Lionel so that gave us the courage."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.