Omega Team - Cover

Omega Team

Copyright© 2013 by Chris Omega

Chapter 4

As Caroline glided into the land next to us, I smiled and waved at her. Corbin started to yell, "A little slow aren't ... UGH."

Caroline got her revenge by kicking him as she landed. She just smiled and said, "Whoops sorry about that. A little off on my landing."

Corbin looked to Emily for support, but she shook her head. "You deserved that one." Emily said as she tried not to laugh too hard.

I shook my head and left them griping at each other. I joined Nick in looking around and asked, "So any idea where we are?"

Nick shook his head, "Nope. I know somewhere in Florida but not much more than that. I think I saw a town a few miles away though."

I nodded, "Let's head that way then." I turned to everyone else as they argued, "HEY IDIOTS! Shut up and dump all those chutes. We're heading out in two minutes."

They nodded and went about burying the chutes quickly. Katie walked over, "We heading to the town?"

I nodded and she continued, "Split up? The locals are bound to be looking for bodies or anyone that survived, especially since they most likely saw our chutes. Even more so in a couple minutes when the Feds call down about that plane being Air Force One."

Nick replied, "We should. Split into twos or threes and try and steal a car or something and head for one of the Maryland safe houses, A12 if it's open ideally. Maybe A9 if it is being used."

I thought about it, "That'll work. Two people won't be as suspicious as six of us rolling into town. But try and steal some rich jackass' car. At least to get away from here. Better not make some poor family suffer."

Caroline, Emily, and Corbin joined us as Nick joked, "Whoever steals the cheapest car buys dinner tonight."

Everyone laughed at that and I said, "So three rules then. Don't get caught. Don't steal from a poor family. And finally, try not to shoot anyone or get shot ... And yes Corbin, that one is for you."

He just laughed at that. Even he had to admit he had a talent for catching random ricochets. Last thing we needed was for him to get shot on US soil. Explaining all his other injuries wouldn't be easy...

With that we all headed out in different directions towards the town, Caroline sticking with me. We walked for a good thirty minutes before I finally asked her, "Everything okay babe? You've been quiet for awhile."

Caroline shrugged, "Just feels weird to know we're in the States; even more so to be parachuting out of Air Force One. I wonder sometimes if we'll ever have normal lives."

I nodded, "We do live a bit of an extreme lifestyle. But would you really want to trade it for going to high school?"

Caroline thought about it for a minute as we walked. "I wouldn't trade it for high school no. But I sometimes just wonder how different our lives would have been if our parents hadn't been killed. Would we all still be friends? I could be worrying about the latest fashion trends or who's dating who. Instead I'm cleaning guns and blowing up terrorist installations."

I laughed as we walked on, "Somehow I just can't picture you caring about the latest fashion trends. Now pushing some other teenage girl down to get the latest fashions? That I can see."

She flipped me off as we walked and silence reigned for another few minutes. "Sometimes I just want to jump a plane back here and sign up for the local high school. I know I can't but sometimes I want too."

I stopped and wrapped my arms around her, "I wouldn't trade what we have for a normal life. If I did, I wouldn't get to spend all my time with you guys. And I would never want to give that up."

She smiled at me and joked, "Blowing stuff up helps huh?"

I laughed and smiled, "Well it doesn't hurt..." She just smiled and kissed me softly before slipping out my arms.

"We can't be that far now." I nodded and took her hand as we walked on.

Corbin and Emily's Perspective

Emily jogged alongside Corbin through the woods, crunching leaves and ducking under trees as they made their way through the brush. "Of course you had to take the route that is hardest." She grumbled.

Corbin smiled, "What did you expect? It's me."

Emily rolled her eyes, "Sometimes I think I should have started dating Nick and not you. Would have made my life so much easier." Corbin stuck his tongue out at her as they jogged along a path. "You know you love me Em. Even as annoying as I am."

She shrugged, "Nah, I just got last pick. Damn short straw." She winked at him.

Corbin smiled and turned to flip her off as he passed under a tree, accidently knocking himself in the head with a branch. "Fuck..." He grumbled as he lay on the ground.

Emily walked up to him, "See it's shit like this that make us laugh at you."

Corbin rubbed his head as he stood up. "Fucking branch ... I really do have shitty luck."

She checked his head, "It's not luck. You're just too stupid to pay attention to what's around you." She didn't see any cuts, just a big bump. She slapped his butt. "Come on, you'll be fine. Get moving."

They jogged on in silence for the time being, the brush thinning out as they approached the town. Corbin slowed and kneeled down behind a tree. Emily kneeled down next to him, "Look like a school..."

Corbin nodded, "Let's jog down the line. I'd rather not break into a school."

Emily nodded, "Too bad, I always wanted you to take me to prom." They jogged on down, slipping into the parking lot next to the school. "Let's see what we can find."

Corbin pointed to a Hummer, "How about that?"

Emily shook her head no, "Nah I don't want to kill the environment on the way to D.C."

Corbin shrugged and pointed to a Camaro, "Well how's that Camaro then?"

Emily smiled, "Fuck yeah. That'll work." She walked over. Corbin went to bash a window, "Hold up Rambo." She reached under the back tire and pulled out a key safe. "I think this will be easier."

Corbin nodded, "Guess you get to drive then."

Emily unlocked the car and slipped in, starting her up. Corbin slid in as she peeled out, "Fuck Em. Try not to get us pulled over before we leave the parking lot."

"Oh shut up and buckle up dumbass." She shifted gears as she swerved around a car and sped up. Corbin grimaced at her driving; maybe giving her the keys hadn't been the best idea. Chris and Caroline's Perspective

I kneeled down next to Caroline, keeping behind the shed we'd stumbled upon. She said, "Looks like a middle class neighborhood. Nothing too fancy."

I nodded, "Most of the houses seem empty. Let's see if we can get inside and change. Maybe find a car or weapons."

We snuck from the tree line and over one the back fence of the nearest house. I went to a window when Caroline whistled quietly. I turned to see her turn the knob and open the door. She said, "Must be nice to not have to lock your doors..."

I followed her in quietly as she and I searched the house. I swept the first floor and heard her call out clear. "All clear down here. Anything up there?"

She called down the stairs, "Oh yeah. Come and see." I climbed up the stairs and found her standing in the master bedroom.

"What ya go-." I stared at her as she pointed to a wall of AR-15s and handguns. "Well fuck me."

She smiled and joked, "Maybe later." I smiled and grabbed a rifle from the wall. She whistled, "Damn this guy has good taste. These are custom Noveske rifles. Kind of stupid to keep these in the open."

I nodded, "Yeah doesn't make much sense. Look and see if there's a safe hidden somewhere." I slapped a mag in my custom Noveske 14.5" shorty. This guy really did have good taste.

Caroline searched the room and pulled the dresser away to find a hidden safe. She said, "Found it. Give me a few minutes." She started trying different manufacturer override codes as I checked the rest of the room. "Got it." The safe popped open.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.