Omega Team - Cover

Omega Team

Copyright© 2013 by Chris Omega

Chapter 3

Time ticked by slowly at first. Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. As the second hour ticked by, Caroline settled into my lap. 'How long do you want to wait before we have to do something?'

I sighed, 'We've been airborne for a little over two hours. We're still over the US somewhere from what I can tell. I think we wait another few minutes before we start to worry about it.'

Caroline nodded and curled up in my lap. She laughed quietly after a few seconds, 'I never would have thought this is how we'd meet the President.'

I just smiled and wrapped my arms around her. I replied, 'I never really thought we'd survive long enough to meet him. There were several times I never thought we'd even live through some missions.'

Caroline looked up at me, 'Such as?'

I answered, 'Well that time Corbin almost took the building down around us with C4 probably tops the list. The mission in Columbia where you and I got shot. The worst was that first mission in Iraq though. Having to drag Emily and Corbin through the mountains under fire wasn't much fun.'

Corbin leaned over, 'Hey I apologized for that one. It was a billion to one chance that ricochet hit me.'

Emily laughed from his lap. She joked, 'A billion to one that it WOULD hit your sorry ass. What are you up to now? 8 times getting shot?'

Corbin just poked her in the ribs and made a face at her. Nick leaned over from the row behind us, 'I'm seeing water guys. I think we're approaching the South Florida from what I can tell.'

Caroline cursed, 'Well shit. How much longer do we wait?'

I groaned, 'I guess we do it know. Katie and Emily, aim for their necks when you throw those things. Nick and Corbin, keep them as quiet as you can. Caroline and I will make a run forward. They broadcast from the President's private quarters before, so once you subdue whoever answers here, try and get there. Caroline and I will go for the cockpit.'

Everyone nodded, all traces of laughter now gone. Nick and Corbin slipped up towards the doors, as Emily and Katie moved to the third row. I walked back to the reporters and said, 'Look. We're going to try something here. I need you people to stay quiet and not say anything. Can you do that?'

One or two people attempted to say something but Alex waved them off. He said, 'You're crazy, but we'll be quiet. I don't know what a bunch of sixteen year olds can do but we won't interfere.'

I nodded my thanks and Caroline and I moved back to the second row, ducking behind the seats. I nodded to Corbin and he knocked on the door. A voice yelled, 'Back up from the door we're coming in!'

Nick and Corbin stayed along the wall with the door, moving a few feet back from the door. It opened and the two gunmen entered grumbling, 'What-'

Katie and Emily had thrown the letter openers and hit perfectly, right through their windpipes. They dropped as Nick and Corbin grabbed them. Caroline and I jumped up and rushed through the door. Caroline managed to snag one of their pistols on the way past, checking it for ammo as I cleared the little kitchen in front the press room. She stepped in behind me, tapping me to signal she was good to go. I nodded and pressed on.

We moved through the security area, finding it empty. She opened the door to the next section and we swept it, once again coming up empty. We moved through quickly, coming up to the dining room. I paused and on a two count opened the door, Caroline taking point into the room. She shot a single gunman who was sitting at the table, supposedly guarding the door I assume.

Caroline kept moving since now we'd alerted the gunmen. I snagged the P90 from the dining room and took point, coming up to the senior staff area of the plane. Two rounds came through the door as we piled alongside the door to the entrance way and the staircase we needed to get to the cockpit.

A voice yelled, 'We will shoot!'

I cursed as several more erupted through it as well. I saw Nick and Corbin enter the room behind us. Caroline saw them and signaled she was going to open the door, for them to start shooting as soon as she did.

She grabbed the knob and flung it open, Corbin and Nick pouring rounds into the entrance area. A loud curse and Caroline and I pressed in, shooting a wounded gunman on the floor four times.

Caroline knelt next to him as Corbin and Nick caught up. Caroline stood back up as she reloaded and said, 'Four down now. Three left. See ya later.'

I smiled and we moved to the stairs, counting to three before Nick and Corbin broke into the next room and we moved up the stairs. Caroline cleared the landing and we found ourselves back by the office and cockpit. Gunshots erupted downstairs as Caroline and I tried the cockpit door.

I shook my head that it was locked. Caroline stepped back, fired three shots in the lock and kicked it open. I stepped inside to find one gunman with a gun to the pilot's head. He yelled, 'PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON.' I kept my gun trained but moved slightly right, giving Caroline a clear line of fire. I started to say, 'I can't do th-' when a gunshot erupted and the gunman fell. I kept my gun trained on the pilot.

'Get on the ground!' I yelled. He dropped down and said, 'I'm just the pilot!!! My copilot was one of them, not me.'

I checked him over and dragged him up. 'Where's the plane heading?'

He said, 'The autopilot is set for Cuba. I can turn it off anytime though.'

I said, 'Leave it for now. Step out the cockpit and get down on your knees. Hands behind your head.'

Caroline kept her gun trained on him. I said, 'I'm going check on them downstairs. Don't let him move, the autopilot's on for right now.'

She nodded and I jogged back down the stairs, moving forward this time to find Nick and Corbin with the President in his private cabin. Nick was bandaging a wound on the President's arm saying, 'Ébe fine sir. It was through and through. We'll get you to a doctor soon for just a few stitches.'

Bob was sitting tied up in a corner chair with Corbin untying him. I stepped in and noticed a single gunman dead in the corner. I said, 'You guys good?'

The President looked at me, 'We seem to be okay. Can I assume that you all would be the Omega team I was supposed to meet with?'

We all nodded, 'Yes sir we are. We've secured the plane and have taken back the cockpit. Seems the copilot was one of the terrorist. We've got the pilot under guard right now.'

President Jennings stood up, 'You can let him take back control of the plane. I've known David since we were two. He's one of my closest friends.'

I leaned back out the door and yelled, 'BRING HIM DOWN CAROLINE!'

The President had stood up and was shaking hands with Nick saying, 'Thank you young man. But please don't let me get shot next time.'

Nick apologized, 'Sorry bout that sir. I'll try my best next time!'

Bob piped up, 'I really hope there isn't a next time!' Corbin laughed and helped him stand up as Caroline and David walked in. I noticed David was walking in front with Caroline still keeping an eye on him. I had to smile at that.

He saw the President and rushed over to hug him. They talked quietly for a second before the President said, 'David, I need you to go back upstairs and turn us back around to D.C. Can you do that?'

David nodded and headed out the room, I motioned for Corbin to follow him. Bob asked, 'Is the press still contained in the press room?'

Nick nodded, 'Yes sir. Two more of us are with them.'

Bob said, 'Sir we have to think how we're going to deal with this. Walking six teenagers down the ramp and admitting that they just saved our ass when our entire Secret Service detail couldn't isn't the smartest idea. Not to mention that it'll blow any cover they have.'

The President asked me, 'How many reporters are left back there and how much did they see?'

I sighed, 'There are five reporters left back there. They saw Emily and Katie hit two gunmen with letter openers and Nick and Corbin subdue them.'

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.