Omega Team
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by Chris Omega

A hand shook me as I slept on the couch. 'Wake up Chris. We're about twenty minutes from landing. Ops is on the phone for you.' I nodded and stretched slowly, making sure not to wake Caroline who was curled up next to me. I climbed off the couch and followed Corbin up to the cockpit.

I slipped in the cockpit and grabbed a headset for John, our copilot. I radioed in, 'Go ahead.'

The voice replied, 'Authentication code please.'

I groaned and answered, 'Echo-six-nine-delta-bravo-eleven.'

'Code accepted. Hold for command.' I just shook my head. Nothing was ever easier with home command. I looked at my watch as I waited and figured that the evacuation of Hogsmeade base should be about done by now. They were just under 24 hours from when the order had been issued. Hopefully they got our intel uploaded before pulling out.

I watched the city lights through the cockpit window for a minute or two, enjoying the sunrise view as I waited. It was nice to be home again. It was scary to think we hadn't set foot in the US in over three years. My thoughts were interrupted by a voice, 'Hello Chris.'

I smiled, 'Good morning General Shaw. What can I do for you?'

He replied, 'Please Chris, you know you should call me Jacob. We've been friends for too long for formalities.'

I laughed, 'Yes sir. I'll work on that. It's just habit after being out in the field so long. Sorry about that.'

His voice hardened, 'Do a hundred pushups and we'll call it even son. Now, it seems that word of your existence has somehow reached the President. You've been recalled stateside to meet with him as well as take some vacation time. Normally I would brief you once you touched down, but you'll be flying directly into Andrews in a few minutes. Once you touch down, two cars will meet you and take you directly to a hangar where Air Force One is waiting. You'll be brought aboard and take off immediately. The President will meet with you in flight.'

I stuttered, 'But sir, how did he find out? I mean it's not that we don't want him to know specifically, but won't this basically decommission us? And what about all of you, will you face charges?'

He replied, 'Don't worry about it, nothing we can do about how or why. We'll face whatever happens and go from there. Now listen to me, when you get off the plane you'll be met by Secret Service agents. You need to hand over whatever weapons you have as well as any phones. I assume you all have something better than fatigues on the plane correct?'

I replied, 'Yes, sir. We have full wardrobes. Should we go in dress uniforms?'

He quickly answered, 'No son. Your cover will be that you are six students that won a Secret Service contest that allows you to be agents for a day. Pam is sending over details to your laptop now. Now I need to hang up, I've been called into Justice for a meeting about all of this. But I want you to remember that no matter what happens, we knew this day would come sometime. Don't let it go badly.'

I replied, 'Yes, sir.' A quick goodbye later and I hung up the phone. I nodded to John and walked back into the cabin. I headed back to the couches and shook everyone awake.

I barked at everyone, 'Wake the fuck up. We're about fifteen minutes out from Andrews and we need to get dressed.'

Caroline groaned and threw a pillow at me, 'Fuck off. I'm enjoying my sleep.'

I replied, 'Get up. We're meeting the President in 20 minutes.'

That got everyone's attention and five faces turned to face me quickly, everyone suddenly alert.

'Now that I've got your attention, get up and get dressed. Dress pants, button downs, etc. No dress uniforms. We're under cover of teenagers winning a contest with the Secret Service to be agents for a day. You've got fifteen minutes till touchdown.'

Everyone jumped up to get changed and Emily asked, 'What's goin-'

I interrupted, 'I told you everything I know. We meet with the President on Air Force One in twenty minutes. I don't know why, how we found out, or anything else. Just get ready. Oh, and no weapons.'

I laughed at everyone's groans at that statement. How often do you find a group of sixteen year olds that are annoyed that they can't carry weapons into a meeting with the President? I mean really.

Caroline tossed me some clothes and I quickly changed and then sat with Nick and Corbin as the chaos ensued. I watched as the girls tried to share a mirror in the bathroom. Caroline was literally standing on the toilet leaning over Emily and Katie trying to do her makeup.

Nick joked, 'So who do you think is going to get to the curling iron first?' Corbin said, 'I think the better question is who is going to get stabbed for the curling iron first.'

I laughed as the scrambled ensued. I asked Nick, 'So how bad do you think this meeting is going to be? We going to get those were you brainwashed type questions or what?'

Nick thought about it for a second and said, 'I don't think he'd meet with us if he was worried about that. He'd have shut down our command and had us taken into custody back in the sandbox. That we're going to be meeting with him face to face means he's already found that our program is useful and not going to destroy his Presidency. He also has the advantage we weren't commissioned under his Presidency. Plus in six months we'll be seventeen and eligible to join the service anyway.'

Corbin nodded his agreement. Both of us knew that Nick was the resident political genius. Corbin added, 'Now the question is are we going to be brought forward to the public or left to operate as we have been.'

Nick just shrugged and laughed as Emily flicked off Katie and Caroline and came out from the bathroom. She said, 'Fuck it. I'll just put my hair up. Bitches can't learn to share.'

I smiled as John came over the speaker, 'We're 60 seconds from touchdown now. Hold on.'

I sat there listening to quiet banter for a few minutes as we taxied to the terminal and the waiting SUVs. Silence fell as we stopped and we climbed out of the plane. An agent greeted us, 'Good morning, I'm Agent Jenkins. I assume you all had a safe flight and are ready for your day with us?'

Caroline stepped forward and shook his hand, 'Of course Agent Jenkins. It's nice to meet you. I'm Caroline and this is Chris, Nick, Emily, Corbin, and Katie. We're glad to be here.'

He smiled and replied, 'We're glad to have you all. This is the first time we've run this contest and hopefully it'll go well. Now if you'll climb in we'll get you over to Air Force One and get in the air.'

I climbed in the first SUV with Agent Jenkins and Caroline as everyone else piled in the second one. Caroline talked quietly with Agent Jenkins as we drove out the hangar. I sat quietly and just tried to keep my eyes open for anything out of place. I may be in charge of my team, but Caroline was always the public face. It's much more settling to have a pretty woman do the talking.

Agent Jenkins said, 'Now when we pull up we'll get you right through security in the hangar then onboard. The President will join us in about twenty minutes. Press has already boarded but we'll keep you away from them so you won't be bothered. We want you to enjoy the day not answer boring questions!'

Caroline laughed and thanked him as we pulled up to the hangar. We climbed out and headed into security. I sighed as we lined up for security. Nick went first and of course set it off. He laughed it off, 'I'm pretty sure that all of us have at least one metal plate in us from a bad car accident a few years ago. Our papers should show it.'

Agent Jenkins stepped in, 'They're good. Just run the hand scanners and we'll head in.'

We all were searched and managed to get frisked without any problems. Agent Jenkins apologized but we all said we were used to it. In all honesty, I had forgotten how much of a pain those searches were. There are a few benefits to military and commercial planes after all!

We managed to get on the plane and get brought up to the top-level offices quickly. Agent Jenkins said, 'This is the President's personal office onboard. I have to ask that you don't touch anything. He'll be up here a few minutes after we take off and he says hello to a few people. Please don't leave here as he's coming aboard. We really don't want to have to shoot you!'

He laughed at his little joke as he slipped out the room. We all just shook our heads at the horrible joke and settled in. I said, 'Well I can honestly say this isn't what I imagined would have happened if anyone ever found out about us. I was for sure it would be foster homes and jail for our commanders.'

Nick said, 'I would imagine that's still on the table. President Collins seems pretty level headed though. I imagine he likes to explore his options before committing to a plan. Plus he's a veteran himself so he has an idea of what we do at least.'

Emily asked, 'Yeah he was 82nd Airborne wasn't he?'

Corbin nodded, 'Yep. He was a unit commander in the 82nd Airborne during the Gulf War. Discharged after the Gulf War, went into politics and you know most of the story since then.'

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.