Kate
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2013 by Kaffir

"I really liked your grandparents," said Andrew almost unnecessarily. "They clearly love you to bits. I took to your grandfather immediately. He's warm, amusing and fun."

Katrina chuckled. "But Gran keeps him on a pretty tight rein."

"Of which he takes little if any notice."

"He'd never knowingly upset her."

"I'm sure but, by gum, she may not be very tall but she is a strong woman."

"And a very loving one."

"Absolutely. I've fallen for her."

"O-oh?" she whined.

"Not at your expense, Katrina."

Her hand left the steering wheel for a moment to touch his thigh. "Aw!"

"Tease!"

Katrina said nothing but her chest tightened momentarily.

"Hey!" said Andrew suddenly. "You've just driven past the turning to your place."

"Yes, I'm taking you home."

"But..."

"I'm taking you home. You're no more sober than you were half an hour ago."

"But how are you going to get home?"

"I'm staying the night. We'll get up early and you can drop me off at home before you go to work."

"Is that a good idea?"

"Yes. I trust you Andrew."

"Thanks, Katrina," he said almost inaudibly.

"I hope I trust myself," he thought. "Edwina said let the love develop before the sex. Oh hell!"

Almost as though she read his thoughts Katrina said softly, "You do have a spare room, Andrew."

"Yes, Katrina."

There was silence the rest of the way home.

"Do you want me to put the car away?"

"Don't bother but thanks."

He let them in. "I don't know what I'm going to give you to eat."

"We had a huge lunch so have you got any eggs?"

"Yes."

"Scrambled eggs on toast then. Any way, it's too early for that so are you going to offer me a drink?"

"More gin?"

"Yes please but a bit less lethal than Grandad's."

Andrew chuckled. "Easily done."

He poured their drinks and they took them into the living room where they sat together on the sofa.

"Background music or listen to music?"

"Background?"

"Whichever you prefer." He put on some quiet piano music.

Katrina leant lightly against him. "Nice," she said smiling up at him.

"Very."

"So what did you to talk to Gran about?"

"You of course, you silly billy."

"Are you going to tell me?"

Andrew sucked his teeth. "I'm not sure about that. It might over-inflate your ego."

She elbowed him gently. "Please," she wheedled.

"Well, we both agreed about your upbringing and the incest. We also agreed that it was time you came out of your shell."

"I have. I'm not wearing glasses anymore and I'm not dieting anymore and I've actually been going out with a young man."

"All true, Katrina, and it seems to us that you're a lot happier for it."

"I am and I have to thank you for all that, Andrew, particularly for being the young man."

She smiled up at him and touched her lips to his.

"Nice," he said quietly. "Is the young man allowed to put his arm round his girlfriend?"

She nodded shyly and he pulled her gently to him.

"Am I really your girlfriend?"

"Yes, certainly as far as I'm concerned. What about you?"

She bit her lip and then nodded. Andrew beamed with happiness and gave her a gentle squeeze.

"Am I allowed to kiss my girlfriend?"

She nodded again and he did so gently and lovingly. He did not prolong it but drew back and looked into her eyes.

"Thank you, my Katrina."

She turned towards him and put her arm tentatively round him. "Another?" she whispered.

Andrew repeated the kiss but prolonged it. The tip of her tongue touched his lips for a moment and then was gone again. He did the same to her and then they both pulled slowly back. Her arms tightened round him and she laid her cheek against his chest. His free arm went round her and pulled her to him more firmly.

"I've been wanting to do that since we kissed each other goodbye last Tuesday," she murmured. "Those were nice friendly goodbye kisses but I wanted them to be something more."

"Me too but I was scared of rushing you and scaring you away."

"And I didn't want to appear forward."

"You wouldn't have. Do you think it's time for another one?"

Her head came up and her hand went to the back of his head pulling his lips to hers. It was still a gentle kiss but this time their tongues took turns to caress the other's lips before finally finding and almost shyly introducing themselves to each other.

Once more they pulled back and gazed at each other. Andrew tenderly stroked her cheek then leaning forward again he equally tenderly kissed her forehead, her eyes, her nose, her cheeks before returning as gently as ever to her lips. Again their tongues met and played but it was still restrained.

When they broke she laid her head against him again. "Thank you, Andrew," she said. "A fortnight ago I asked you to be patient and gentle with me and you are. Please go on like that. I love you now but I want, if it's to be, to fall gently and irrevocably in love with you."

His hand stroked her head. "I'd like it to be that way too."

Her head came up and they touched lips. She smiled at him. "Thank you, boyfriend."

"My pleasure, girlfriend."

"Would it be all right I had a sip of my drink. I suspect it may be feeling a bit neglected."

He released her and they both picked up their drinks. He raised his glass to her.

"To you and me," he said.

"To us."

They touched glasses and smiled happily.

"Now it's my turn," grinned Andrew. "What did you and Edwina talk about other than llamas?"

"Alpacas."

"Alpacas, beg their pardon."

"Accepted on their behalf."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.