Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2 - Cover

Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 21

Sunday came early but I woke rested. I looked outside our window and saw our forest beyond the pond. I smiled and said a little prayer of thanksgiving. I padded into the kitchen to start coffee for us. I looked out the kitchen window which had the same view. Lisa came in and plastered her lovely naked body against mine putting her arms around me and holding her body gently but firmly against mine. We stood like that longer than we had to because the coffee had quit rumbling and was ready.

We eventually untangled and poured our coffee. We went into the bedroom and continued into our bathroom. Setting down our cups, we entered the shower together. It was a great feeling and we were just as clean in the end as if we had taken our showers separately. We dried off and I shaved while Lisa fixed her hair and applied her makeup. Still naked, we went into the kitchen for more coffee and to cook some breakfast.

We ate breakfast looking at each other and smiling. I said, “What are you going to teach about today?”

“I’ve changed my mind. I’m going to talk about love stories in the trilogy and in the Bible. I don’t want to make comparisons. I just want people to think. We have a couple who have been given a green light and a new person who has a partner. I’m thinking to give all of them something to think about without pushing anything on them.”

“I only remember two in the trilogy. So you had better have your Biblical ones ready.”

“I’m not worried. If I run out of ideas, I’ll have us read from the Song of Solomon by turns. That would get anyone’s blood flowing!”

We went into our bedroom and dressed. I was wearing a sports coat and tie. I started that way and never changed the program. Lisa was wearing one of her usual outfits that gives teenaged boys and most grown men cases of snapping eyeballs. When a woman as tall as Lisa wears a short skirt, the legs seem to go on forever. I don’t think I will ever get tired of looking at her and I know from hands-on experience that all the pieces fit exquisitely!

I drove us to the church and we entered to see Pam and Frank and most of our class in the room. Karen and John were there holding hands. Lois walked in just behind us looking dreamy. She stopped us close to the door. She asked, “Is having a partner so joyous?”

Lisa nodded. “It’s a part of the fact that you’ll never be alone.” Lois smiled and took a seat next to Karen.

The class was interesting. The subject matter got them. It seems that this is an age of differences. Hormones are jumping and reactions are different. That’s not scientific or learned, that’s just my observations. I told Lisa that later and received a chuckle. She said, “It’s an age where they are truly discovering that there is an opposite sex.” In class, however, the discussion was interesting and, perhaps, enlightening. The other situation was that Lois was different emotionally from the week before. It was interesting that the girls were more interested in the difference than the guys. As our time ended, Lisa said, “Homework! This is optional and you must get your parents permission to talk. Ask your parents how they met and how they came to fall in love with each other. If they will let you, we can talk about that next week. If they don’t, I sure wouldn’t blame them nor should you. Let’s pray.” We all bowed and Lisa prayed.

After class, Lisa was busy as were Pam and Frank. I was cornered by Karen and John.

Karen said, “May we talk to you for a moment outside?”

I remembered Lisa’s rule to me about pre-judging but I stepped out into the quiet hall with them with some concern. Karen said, “You were with us and our parents yesterday?” I nodded. She continued, “Why are they pushing us to be intimate now?”

I chuckled. “Isn’t that what you wanted?”

John said, “Yes, no, I don’t know. We love each other.” I nodded acknowledging his statement. He went on, “We didn’t want to get in trouble with our parents but my folks had me stay over at Karen’s house last night. Then, her folks told us to sleep together!”

I said, “And the problem with that is?”

Karen said, “We aren’t as ready as we thought. We kissed and held each other but we didn’t ‘do’ anything but my folks are kidding us like we did. My dad even shook John’s hand at breakfast!” I had to grin. “They don’t believe us when we say that we didn’t have sex or make love or whatever you want to call it.”

I was grinning even more. “So, you went from too little freedom to too much freedom?” They both nodded. “First, having freedom to do something implies having freedom not to do it as well. Second, this isn’t something you have to hurry to do. Third, your parents are reliving their lives through you.” They digested that. “I suggest that you two need to talk to your parents a bit so they understand my first two points. I have always been impressed by the mature way you two handle yourselves. You’re going to have to wear that hat again. If you really want to make them crazy, separately talk to each other’s parents about this.” I grinned. They thought about it and big smiles broke out and then we began to laugh until we were crying. Lisa came out and John managed to tell her what was so funny. She loved it! The four of us headed into church still chuckling.

We took our seats in the sanctuary and were soon joined by Brian. He came in from the far side and sat next to Lisa. We smiled at him and Lisa patted his knee. He looked the tiniest bit nervous. We sang the opening hymn. I do enjoy singing with my wife! It was time for the announcements and Jenna said, “I have two before I ask for any others. First, it’s congratulations to Doctor Lisa Chambers who received her Ph. D. yesterday in English literature.” She led the applause and I made Lisa stand. She whispered, “My Missus was and still is a bigger deal.” She leaned even closer and we kissed gently.

Jenna continued, “I have an old high school classmate here today as my guest.” Lisa made him stand. “He is Doctor Brian Garman, a chemistry professor at the college. We ran into each other at the graduation.”

There were a few other announcements and other visitors who were recognized. I’m not sure but I think Pastor Jim’s sermons might somehow be better. When the service was over, we talked with Brian as Jenna went through her usual duty of sending people out with a handshake. A number of people came up to congratulate Lisa and meet Brian and thank him for coming.

We were alone waiting for Jenna to take her robe off and leave it in her office. Brian said, “I don’t understand why people thanked me for coming.”

Lisa said, “You are here as Jenna’s guest. She is quite popular here. Also, we appreciate people being willing to come and listen to who we really are. Many people have preconceived notions about Christians and Christian practices. I have seen hatred from those people that I just try to ignore. When they are interested, I will talk with them. I don’t try to force my belief on them and will not have them force their lack of belief on me. Anyway, that was probably more than you wanted to know but that’s why we thank people for visiting.”

He said, “I hadn’t thought of it that way. My parents never went to church and I only went when invited. Jenna was always a church person. I guess that’s why we didn’t get together in high school though we were both nerds. I said some fairly cruel things back then. At the graduation, I approached Jenna. I don’t think she was avoiding me but she hadn’t made any effort to talk to me. There were so many people around her! You two obviously like her. I just had to talk to her. She is like a bright, shining light.”

Jenna had walked up behind him and said, “John Wesley supposedly said, ‘Catch on fire for Christ and people will come to see you burn.’ That’s the fire, Brian. It’s actually pretty comfortable to be free of other people’s notions. Being obedient to God’s will sets me free.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.