Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2 - Cover

Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 18

We left for the day making a run to CME for Linda to get her car and check on anything that needed us.

We had one check to sign from a vendor who required a check with the order. Lisa was going to call on that vendor with Janet next week though our order volume with them now was small. We had a replacement for the last remaining product we bought from them so this was really meant to be a last shot before leaving call. We just would no longer deal with them. That would make only two vendors that painted us with the McNamara brush. We rode home together, a situation that we enjoyed though not as frequently as we had at first.

We were feeling good and fondling each other as I drove. Lisa was wearing slacks today limiting how much of her I could touch without clothes in the way. However, I pulled in to our garage and we ran for our bedroom stripping our clothes as we went and carrying them. We tossed them into chairs and I fell to the bed pulling Lisa on top of me. She impaled her core on my erection and we moved frantically to a joyous release. She lay on top of me with me still inside her and softly said, “What about supper?”

“Perhaps we need to hire a cook for the week days to have supper in the oven ready for us. We are both busy and cooking is not our first priority.”

Lisa laughed throatily. It was a sound that I love dearly and associate with her sexy self. She said, “We could but I have something quick in the fridge when we’re ready to go in there.”

We had a nice salad later that evening. Friday was a light day with the only thing of note being the arrival of invitations. Lisa and I met at home coming from our respective offices.

We had nothing going on this weekend and planned to stay naked until Sunday morning for Sunday school and church. It was delightful. We went to Sunday school and church with Pam and Frank announcing her pregnancy and Melody and Mitch announcing their engagement. Melody and Mitch also said that their marriage would be at the Goodbody residence next Saturday and that invitations might be late in arriving. Mitch said the church is invited. We met both sets of parents who were thrilled about the marriage and thankful to Linda and Paul for volunteering their home for the wedding and the reception. We took the wedding party including the parents and Jenna to lunch. Jenna seemed to be much happier and relaxed now that she had Coolbeam with her.

The week went quickly and uneventfully. We closed on the adjacent property to CME Friday afternoon. Robert knew and was happy for us. Baker wasn’t there. We had packed for the weekend and would be staying with Linda and Paul for the weekend. Pam and Frank and Melody and Mitch would all be there, too. Melody and Mitch will not be there Saturday night, of course.

It was fun being back with Linda and Paul. Having our other friends there made for great fun. Paul loved the nicknames for Melody and Mitch and used them regularly. We rehearsed the wedding outside and inside and then ate a catered meal with the same group as for lunch the prior week.

Saturday dawned beautifully and the wedding went off without a hitch. Many from the church came as well as families and friends of Melody and Mitch. All our alien partner friends were there with the exception of Stan and Irene who were working. We saw the newly married couple off onto their plane and went back to Linda and Paul’s for the evening. We were reminiscing about times here. Pam said, “This home is so special to Frank and me. We first came together here in love for each other.” Lisa nodded. The two of them hugged. Pam continued, “I really want to thank the four of you for caring so much and so well for the two of us. No matter the future or where we live, there will always be a special place in our hearts for this home and its owners.”

We spent the night in the rooms where each of the two of us younger couples first made love. It was a special night of loving for us. Looking at Pam and Frank’s faces in the morning made it clear that it was special for them, too.

We went to Sunday school and church. Karen and John were dating, as much as two thirteen year olds can date. It was obvious they were a couple holding hands and talking. The parents of each liked the other set of parents and the two kids. They put up little in the way of barriers to them being together as long as it was innocent. I don’t think either parent wanted their child to sleep with the other at that age. Karen and John seemed to be mature beyond their years in not pushing limits. John was standing with Frank and I during the wedding while Karen was handling the wedding book. He said, “She sure looks nice. If we feel the same in a few years, we’ll know there is really something there. Glimmer and Brightmist help us enjoy what we have now. We have to finish high school and college. They both like us together.”

I said, “That’s a good sign, John. What do you think, Frank?”

“I think it’s better to like someone first. Loving them later can be much deeper and more meaningful.” John and I looked in his eyes and realized how meaningful that statement was for him. As I thought about it later, I realized that I agreed. Though we had gone through the “like” stage quickly, it was still very real and was part of my love for Lisa along with my pride in her accomplishments.

The next few months passed quickly. Our house looked finished. We felt that it was more our home than a beautiful house. We had heard through James that a magazine wanted to show it in an issue. We met with him and his wife and agreed. It would be good publicity for his firm, her firm, and our landscaper. It wouldn’t hurt us. The only rules we made were no referring to the lottery or the shooting in the story. We were trying to put both subjects behind us. It all went off without a hitch.

Pam began to really show and she and Frank came to an agreement on building their home with James.

On the CME side, business continued to improve and we were growing. We had taken over the building next door that we bought. We also bought the properties behind us and were converting them to use. We expanded our offices into the next door property with our project management, purchasing, and installation departments.

Lisa managed to prevail upon Red Fred to take charge of that department with Bobby as the foreman. I don’t think I would have been successful in that task but Lisa explained how important it was for the two of them to support the company in this growth and enlisted their wives. I think Red Fred and Bobby surrendered rather than continue to fight it while hopelessly outnumbered. They continued to have an active voice in production and helped many of our new people to find the right way.

I overheard Bobby cussing out one of the new guys for a screw-up. After leaving out the cuss words, he said, “First, I found it. That means that Missus Lisa didn’t have to but she would have. She sees everything that goes out the door. You don’t want to disappoint her. Every person in this company loves her. She has shown us how to be successful and spreads it to everyone. Your job is directly a result of her ability to sell our company’s abilities. The only job we do here is the best job. That’s not a good job, it’s not even the best job you can do, it is the best job that possibly can be done. We strive every day to be better at our jobs. You have the possibility of being a top boss here if you work.” It went on and he emphasized his point with a number of references to the young man’s anatomy and that his parents had never met except in a casual dog barking contest. It actually was a thing of beauty in its own way. I tried to explain it to Lisa but said that I couldn’t really do justice to the language Bobby used.

C and C was paying its way but was our ownership vehicle and a way for Pam to perform some of her magic for clients. She was building a big following with her marketing. While it had been her major in college, she was a natural and brought a positive, wholesome portrayal to every clients’ products.

Melody was being trained to help Pam and we would have to hire a new receptionist in another month or two.

My wife was growing more beautiful in my eyes every day and we enjoyed being married greatly. We were talking about starting a family in a year or two. She was now writing her thesis for her doctorate though had two years to do it. Every other item was completed but that one thing. She had me read it and critique it. When that request first came up, I told her I couldn’t critique perfection. She almost slapped me. I realized she was truly mad. I had grabbed her hand and sat down with her in my lap. I said, “We need to talk about this right now.

“I was kidding although it appears poorly.

“I mean, think about it from my viewpoint. Here’s my beautiful naked wife wanting me to critique her writing. Her writing on a subject that she has been studying for the past five or so years getting to this point. Here is her husband, me. I’ve read the books though don’t remember having done that. I haven’t studied all the letters and life of Mister Tolkien.

“You expect me to critique what you’ve written?”

Lisa started. She leaned forward and kissed me gently. She spoke softly, “Yes. After all you’re my handsome, naked husband who can do anything and who has proven he is my soul mate in every way. You know me better than anyone and will be able to tell when my preferences get in the way of facts and when my writing isn’t as sharp as it should be.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.