Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

We both woke up early, dressed, and hurriedly cooked breakfast. Paul and Linda came down and saw we were dressed to go. Linda said, “You would think they had somewhere to go today.” She and Paul laughed at our discomfiture.

Lisa said, “If you two don’t get moving, we won’t let you help.”

Paul said, “Where is the loss here? I can hurry to work my butt off or take it easy and get there in time to watch.” Linda and he grinned. They grabbed coffee and went upstairs and quickly came down dressed to go. Over some more coffee and bites of breakfast, Paul said, “We’ll take Linda’s SUV. What can we load?”

Lisa said, “We have clothes and the mattress and box springs. Mitch and Melody are coming by with his pickup to get the mattress and box springs. We’ll load clothes in the SUV and our cars. By then, Mitch should be here.”

Mitch pulled up with Melody but Jack, Emily, and Karen Edwards were right behind him in an SUV. Red Fred was behind them in still another pickup with Bobby. Lisa ran out to kiss and hug everyone thanking them for coming. Mitch and I grabbed the mattress while Jack and Bobby carried the box springs. Lisa had boxes of clothes from the drawers to carry as well as the hanger clothes. Everyone tramped up and down grabbing boxes or hangers of clothes until the room was empty.

I walked in as Linda was standing there with tears coming down her cheeks. I embraced her and held her while she wiped her eyes. She said, “I had told myself that I wouldn’t do this but now I am doing it anyway.”

I said, “We’re excited about our new home but we will truly miss this home and room. It has many, many happy memories. You and Paul are and will be welcome at our home as I have been welcomed here. We love you both, Linda.”

She smiled. “Lisa says you always know the right thing to say. Thank you, Al.” She gave me another hug and kissed my lips softly.

We grabbed the last two smaller loads and headed down. Loading them completed what we needed here and Lisa led off in her old car. We hadn’t managed to find time to buy her a new one but we would. I brought up the rear in my Chrysler and found even more cars parked there. The road was full of cars on both sides. What in the world!?

Lisa touched me mentally, “Drive on in, Love. We have a wonderful problem.”

The first person I saw was Jenna who looked radiant. She grabbed me and kissed me hard on the lips. She let go and my wife caught me next. Then, it was Pam, followed by Irene, by Emily and then Karen. Janet, Angela, and Ellen from CME. I felt engulfed. I noticed that Lisa was being held by Jack Edwards as he gave her a kiss. Red Fred and Bobby were right behind him. Many of our Sunday school class students were there with their parents.

Pastor Jim and Paul came out calling for quiet. It all quieted down. Paul said, “Lisa and Al have touched many lives in so many good ways. This is a celebration for their first home. Linda and I will miss them but knew this day would come. We let it be known that today was

moving day for them and that, while not much help was needed, it was also a time to celebrate them in our lives and to enjoy fellowship with them and each other. Thank you for coming today. Pastor Jim, would you pray for my wonderful daughter and her wonderful husband, a couple that we all love, for all of us, and for God’s blessings on this new home?”

Lisa moved into my arms and we held each other as Jim prayed. When Jim said, “Amen,” everyone echoed and Stargazer echoed with a flash of light over our heads and a bright bell-like tone rang out that sounded like “joy.”

Many of those who had partners smiled gently. Karen ran over and hugged us both. She whispered, “That was Stargazer!” We nodded. “He likes this! Glimmer does, too!”

John from the Sunday school class walked over to the three of us. “Missus Lisa, what was that?” He smiled at the three of us.

I said, “Karen, you know. Explain it ‘all’ to him. Lisa and I must help and direct.”

Karen’s eyes were big as saucers then went dreamy for a second. Brightly, she said, “John, have I got a story to tell you!”

Lisa said, “There are benches out back. Go!” They left with Karen taking John’s hand and pulling him with her. He wasn’t fighting her tugs. Lisa said, “That’s a romance that just might blossom a bit. They’re good kids.”

We got involved in the moving process. Our bed frame had been set up and the box springs and mattress were placed upon it. After all the clothes were put in the room and many boxes brought in for later, Linda and Pam shooed everyone out and began to make the bed. They were making lewd comments to each other and laughing happily. I know because we had loads of clothes to bring in but lots of help. We had finished loading clothes and putting them away though some small things remained to be done over the next few days to be truly moved in. Linda and Pam finished and tied a big white bow on the door with a nicely lettered sign reading, “Do not disturb,” on it.

I was carrying a box for the bedroom and started to open the door when Linda took the box. She said, “Neither of you may go in until everyone has left and you’re alone. Tell Lisa. No peeking.”

I told Lisa a moment later. Lisa said, “She’s up to something. Stargazer says Lightweaver told him we would like it. We’ll let it be.”

We finished moving in and moving furniture in time for a late lunch. It was a beautiful day and I still hadn’t had a chance to talk to everyone. Everyone had eaten and some had left when Karen and John came to me. Karen said, “Mister Al, would you get your wife to join us and talk for a few minutes, please?”

“Sure, Karen. I’ll go find her.”

“Just call her from here. She will hear you no matter where she is.”

“Uh, Karen, we don’t advertise that.”

“I know but it’s okay this time.”

In my mind, I heard Stargazer and Lisa tell me that she was joining us. I shrugged. Jack and Emily, Karen’s parents, were talking to Ted and Alice, John’s parents. Something important was up. Lisa walked up behind the two youngsters saying, “Okay. I’m here.”

Karen said, “You introduced me to Glimmer. I like John but I’m too young to have a life partner. John would like a partner. Both Glimmer and Brightshine agree that it would be a good idea. My parents are talking to his parents right now.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.