Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

That evening, Lisa talked to her mother over supper. Linda admitted that tennis was losing its allure since she was winning consistently. She would follow Lisa to work in the morning and look things over. I was going in to our office and try to get more consulting work going.

In the morning, we all departed. I went in and found Pam arriving as I did. I greeted her and we went inside. It was ten when Lisa called. She said, “I have news, good news.”

“That’s great. What’s happening?”

She said, “I had forgotten that my mother almost finished college as an engineer. She is going to make money here. That’s really not a surprise. There was a surprise though.”

I said, “Okay, what happened?”

She said, “Put me on speaker so Pam can hear.” I did and asked Pam to join me and listen. Lisa continued. “Melody met Mitch. I’m not sure which one was more entranced with the other. They shook hands and didn’t let go. It was funny except that they seemed to be overtaken by each other. They just couldn’t stop looking at each other! If they aren’t going to supper together this evening, I will invite them to go with us tomorrow.”

That evening, she and Linda arrived home at the same time. Both were excited. Paul drove up and we exited our vehicles at almost the same time and went into the kitchen together.

Paul said, “Obviously, there is news.”

Linda said, “I have a job! I am now the sales manager for CME! Paul, I’m excited. I know that I don’t have to work but I want a new challenge and it will help build the company. I have been using some of your contacts to get some appointments. Lisa and I will go together on some. I will take one of the engineers on others as I become more comfortable. Our daughter has a natural head for business.” She paused and grinned. “That’s really not surprising, is it?”

Paul said, “I guess we’ll eat out a little more or eat here later.” He grinned and embraced her kissing her lips. Still holding his wife, he said, “Lisa, what’s your news?”

She said, “Mom is going to do a great job. People are ready to work. We had sent that quote out Monday and we are going to personally follow up on it tomorrow.

“But that’s not all. I think we have a budding romance. Melody met Mitchell, one of our engineers, this morning. It looked like they were both hit by lightning. They are going out for dinner now. This looks like love at first sight. It was fun to watch them this morning and when they ate lunch together in the conference room. He seems to be a fine young man and we know she is a fine person. Lightguide seems to like him according to Stargazer.”

I smiled. “That’s good. I liked him when I met him last Friday.” I looked at Paul. “I guess all we have to do is stand around and watch our wives make money.” He and I laughed.

“James wants to have a final walk through the house Saturday morning at ten. We will close next Wednesday if all is well.”

Lisa came into my arms and said softly, “Our home!”

I said, “As much as I have liked being here, I am looking forward to it, too.”

Linda and Paul smiled. She said, “We have enjoyed having you here for these months but it is time for you two to have a place of your own. We’ll see you frequently.”

After supper and some time spent in the living room, we went into our room and made love. After we caught our breath, Lisa said, “I want to spend a day in bed with you when we move in. I wonder if we can wear each other out.”

“I don’t know but it will be fun trying.” We curled up together and slept.

In the morning, we rose and all four of us had breakfast. Lisa rode with her mother and I drove to C and C where I met Pam. We worked through the day cleaning up mail and making calls. She had three appointments of her own for next week to help with marketing. She had taken Melody’s desk for the day. We had the doors locked but Pam could watch people coming and twice unlocked the door before people came to let them come in. I told her that I would leave after lunch and get my permit at the police department. She locked the door behind me.

I had no difficulty and returned in about an hour. While there, I stopped by to say hello to Stan and Irene. He was finishing his last week before joining the ranks of detectives. He hated to leave the SWAT team but I could tell he was looking forward to a new challenge. He would take the lieutenant’s test on Friday, tomorrow.

When I arrived back at the office, Pam said that Lisa called and we were all going out with Melody and Mitch this evening. Pam said that Lisa said they both looked tired but had talked until late into the night last night. She giggled. “I think they are trying to compress a lot of time because they want to know each other. We may have another marriage soon! It should be fun tonight.”

I grinned. I made and returned calls though really had an easy day. Lisa would ride with Mitch and Melody to meet for dinner. Pam had decided to leave her car and we would pick up Frank on the way. The logistics of all this were getting complicated. I grinned some more.

It was time to head out for dinner. The only change was Paul would meet us, too. Linda was working at CME and wanted in. Therefore, it was a large party that invaded the local fish house. The eight of us did make an interesting group since we men were all fairly nice looking and in reasonably good shape. The women were spectacular.

Lisa and Linda were dressed up since they had called on two potential customers today. I had learned from my experience thus far that dressing up for those two always meant mini dresses. Both my wife and her mother were taller than average and slim. Pam wasn’t quite as tall but was also in a short skirt and nice blouse. Melody was close on their trail. Lightguide had made a few slight changes in her outer appearance to make her look as good as she could which was pretty good. Though the youngest, her skirt was the longest being cut an inch or so above the knee. The four of them caught everyone’s attention. Rarely would you ever see four ladies and have to realize that the least beautiful was gorgeous though conservatively dressed! I was used to people looking at Lisa when we were together as was Paul with Linda. Frank was getting there quickly and you could see that he was proud of his wife. Mitch was awed. I don’t think he noticed the other three except in passing. His eyes were only on Melody. I could tell he was struck by her personality and looks.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.