Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

We went to the church and entered by the front door. There was an usher there who was quickly silenced thanks to a touch from me. We tied and gagged him using his clothes and listened. Pam nodded and we walked in. It was a small church in a fairly big room. Everyone was sitting in front so we were able to get half way before attracting attention. Pastor Joel looked up from his praying to see me and went pale. He stopped talking and others started to look up and then back at us. We continued to come forward.

I said, “This is the second time I been inside this place. I don’t like evil places so I hope not to ever have to return. Your pastor led a group yesterday who made the mistake of kidnapping a friend of mine who is the wife of another friend. Frank and Pam went forward to the pulpit and draped Pam’s bloodstained blouse over the pulpit. As a result of their kidnapping, they whipped my friend’s wife. We rescued her but those bloodstains are the result of what your pastor and his wife were doing. How did you explain your painful movements this evening, Joel? Did you explain that I caught you and others, made you strip naked, and then whipped you across your groin? Did you explain that your wife doesn’t want to sit down because there are three lash marks across her buttocks. Those occurred to pay her for what she and the rest did to Pam.

“Pam is a former member of this congregation but left due to your unchristian attitude. She is now a member of the Methodist church and happily married to Frank. Someone decided to punish her for her freedom and happiness. That plan didn’t meet with complete success. Her husband and I freed her. You need to know what evil you are keeping in your church. You also need to know that they will not be allowed to do that again.” I mentally said to Stargazer, “Now!” I continued in a stern voice with a golden aura around my body. “Your church has been weighed and found wanting. Your pastor is evil and is not blessed of God. Prayers from this location will be ignored. Your continued attendance is at peril to your immortal souls. God doesn’t decide but He lets you decide and then suffer or be blessed as your choices dictate.

“We are on guard against you and will not allow your ungodly activities to impact our lives and our happiness. We leave you now to your consciences.” We left with the blouse still draped over the pulpit. When we closed the door, Stargazer stopped the aura. We got in our cars and drove off. Even before we reached the outer door, we could hear people’s voices raised about our revelations.

We returned to Paul and Linda’s house with plenty of Chinese for a late supper. We sat in the kitchen eating together. Paul said, “I want all four of you to be careful. Pam, your mother or father must have told them where you two are living. Frank, lawyers can make people mad. Lisa, you and Al already know that money makes people weird. Other than Al, I think all of us need to take self-defense courses and shooting classes. I don’t want to need it but would rather have it than need it and not have it.”

I said, “Frank, Pam, we have something for you two to consider.” They perked up. “As you know, we have a lot of property. We would like to offer you a five or so acre plot for a home. We would like to have you as neighbors.” Lisa and I smiled at them. “Though you won’t be within easy earshot.” We grinned.

They grinned back. Frank said, “We will consider it seriously. We’ve been thinking that we want a home for our child.”

Lisa said, “We’ll take you out there after lunch tomorrow and show you what we have in mind. I think you’ll like it.”

We agreed with Paul on the training also. I brought it back up and then said, “I would like for Chambers and Chambers to provide that kind of training for all employees.” I looked at Lisa and grinned. “Girls with guns are sexy.”

Everyone laughed but nodded. Paul said, “I hate to say it but that’s a good idea for your small company.”

Shortly after that, Frank and Pam went to bed followed in short order by the rest of us. Frank was going to make a quick run to their apartment for more clothes. I drove him over and watched unobtrusively while he went inside. He came back out and got in the car. “I’m not sure but I think someone tried to jimmy the door after I left. I just don’t know how long after. I’m going to take Mister Paul’s advice to heart. We made some people mad last night. I think I will take Pam to work and home for a while. I have a concealed carry permit and that pistol will make the trip, too.”

I replied. “That makes sense. Chief Jones offered me one and I think I will take him up on it. Perhaps, Mister Glock should ride with us for a while.”

The rest of the ride back was quiet.

We went inside and Frank headed upstairs to dress and give Pam some underclothes even if she wore one of Lisa’s dresses.

We went to Sunday school in my car and Paul’s. Our class was glad to have Lisa back but Pam was obviously a big hit with them. Frank and I stayed back while our wives were mobbed by the students. I didn’t mind that they were popular. After all, Frank and I loved them both. The class was over and the four of us went to the front of the church to wait for Melody who came up in plenty of time.

I smiled and thought to Lisa that the youngest of the four ladies was the most modestly dressed. She looked around and grinned because she realized that even her mother showed more cleavage and more leg that Melody. Melody saw us and ran to us yelling, “Pam! You look great! It’s good to see you!”

They hugged. Pam said, “Thank you for the call. Frank was worried but didn’t know what or where. It appears my parents were not actively involved though someone told the pastor where to find me. Frank is going to take me to and from work for a while.” She grinned. “That won’t be bad because I can fondle him as he drives.” Melody looked a little shocked at that.

Frank said, “It does make the driving ‘hard’ when she does that.” Pam gave him a little loving squeeze.

She said to Melody. “Hearing married folk talk can be embarrassing, can’t it?” She grinned.

Melody said, “It surprises me from you. We were both raised in a very suppressive atmosphere. I just never realized how much until I started junior college. It still bumps me sometimes. You were my idol from the time I was ten. You were the one who went to regular school and seemed to handle it well. You graduated from full college. You’re happily married and have a good job. I have to admit that I want all that, too.”

Lisa said, “Coming here will help. There are a lot of nice young men here and you are a sharp, pretty young lady without a hulk hanging over her.” She slipped her arm in mine and gave it a loving squeeze.

Linda said, “We need to get inside. We can talk more when we get to the house for lunch.”

We all went inside and sat together. Lisa introduced Melody as the guest of Pam and her. Jenna welcomed her warmly. I noticed that a few heads turned in her direction from some of the young men and of mothers with sons of the right age. Melody wasn’t in Lisa’s absolute babe class but was a nice looking young woman with a good figure. She would attract attention and it would be more so after Lisa and Pam introduced her to more stylish clothes.

After the service, Melody rode back with Lisa and I while Pam and Frank rode with Linda and Paul. As we were walking into the house, Paul said quietly, “Reggie and Cathy were not in church.”

Melody was in awe of the house. Linda said, “It was the result of a lot of hard work from Paul to earn it. I am thankful to God for bringing him into my life and giving us the opportunity to be together. It’s good that Paul has been successful but it would have been good had we been poor. I wonder if sometimes it would have been better to be less well off. Lightweaver has given us some new purpose and a new togetherness to our marriage.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.