Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2 - Cover

Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 4

We went back to our office for lunch and to get to know Melody better. She’s a nice young woman who has had a limited upbringing though not as limited as Pam’s had been. Pam admitted that she reveled in the physical aspect of being married as much as any other part. Melody was admittedly a little jealous of Lisa and Pam. I could tell she wanted a connection. Lisa talked to her about being choosy. She explained that she waited for me and is glad she did. “I have to admit that I thought I enjoyed Al’s body but two weeks alone and naked on an island only made me enjoy him and it more.”

Melody said, “That sounds so cool! Two weeks naked and alone with your new husband sounds great!”

Lisa said, happily, “It was but it wasn’t cool. It was pretty hot actually.” We both grinned. Melody blushed. Lisa continued. “We have all over tans now. Once we get moved in, we going to work on keeping them that way.” Melody blushed again.

I called the bank and talked to Karen. “We have bought McNamara Metal. I think Maureen from Herb Norfolk’s CPA firm may have called with a new account. We’ll need to put a couple million in that account. She is expediting tax numbers for us. We’ll come over and do signature cards this afternoon. I also need the total loans on McNamara’s company for payoff.” She said she would have everything ready in an hour. “That will be great. We’ll see you later.”

Lisa said, “Pam, you’ll need to come with us. You’re going on the signature cards.”

Pam looked a little surprised but nodded. We closed up early for the day. Melody was told to take off, too, but would be paid for a full day. We headed for the bank and signed papers. We had a payoff for the loans to our company. Robert and I went over them. I approved a transfer to pay them off.

Pam was almost in tears about being added to the signature card for the new company. I had a moment with her and said, “It’s a long way from being called, ‘Pammy, ‘ isn’t it?”

She smiled and said, “I am so glad I met you two. You really helped me work out a good life with a great husband.” She gave us both hugs. The three of us left for our homes. Lisa and I would go by our new house to have a look. We had been so busy that we hadn’t visited in the week since we had been back from our honeymoon.

Pam drove toward her apartment and we headed out to our new home. We were amazed. It was looking so very good. The workers were still there putting finishing touches on everything. Our landscaper was well into finishing his work also. Most of the property, we were leaving truly natural but a masterful job had been performed with what was tamed. The pond was filling and the area in front was looking very good. We stood there embracing and looking out as we imagined what it would be like very soon. The workers had collected and saved cards from vendors coming by to sell us security and landscaping. The front had been left natural though we had fenced the front and planned to put in a gated entrance.

“Lisa, I have an idea.”

I felt mentally that she understood and agreed. Out loud, she said, “We will need to think through lines and the look. I think Pam and Frank would be good neighbors on the other road.”

We smiled gently at each other. After a while, we left for Paul and Linda’s home. All in all, it had been a good day.

We were just finishing supper when Frank called. “Al, this is Frank. Pam isn’t here. It doesn’t look like she’s been home today.”

“We left her as we all left the bank. She was happy. We had just added her to the signature cards for CME. She was looking forward to talking to you about it when you got home.”

Lisa’s phone began to ring and she answered it. “Melody, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” She listened and her face went pale. “Al’s here. I’m putting you on speaker. He has Frank on his phone.”

Melody’s voice came over the phone. “It’s Pam. I think her church kidnapped her. My parents called me because someone talked a little.”

I said, “Frank, ask Starcheer to contact her.”

He came back on through speaker. “Starcheer says she’s in pain.”

Stargazer, can you locate Pam through Starcheer or on your own?”

His voice came through the air as he said, “Starcheer and I can guide you to her. I can feel from Starcheer that people are causing her pain.”

I tossed Lisa my phone. “Keep everyone here and on the phone. I’ll be back in a moment.” I ran upstairs, donned pants and sneakers, and pulled the Glock and its holster from the hiding place in the closet. It was loaded. I slipped an extra clip into my pocket and hurried back downstairs.

Lisa could see the holster, as could her parents. I said, “Frank, can you shoot and do you have a pistol?”

“Yes and yes.”

“Get it and load it. I will be by your place in ten minutes. Melody, Frank and I will handle this. Go to your parents’ house and stay there until Lisa calls.” I pulled my phone and closed it and began to head out. Lisa was right behind me. I said, “Honey, I don’t you want you in this.”

She said, “I’m your wife and she is my friend. I am in it.”

There are fights you can’t win so I said, “Do you have your license and phone?” I was hoping that she would have to go in and I could leave.

She said, “Nice try, Al. It didn’t work. Let’s go. Pick up Frank and then I’ll have Stargazer relay directions to me.”

We jumped in the car and headed for Frank and Pam’s apartment. He was at the curb when I drove up. He jumped in the back and I left in a hurry following Lisa’s directions from Stargazer. Ten minutes later, we went by the church. Lisa said, “She’s in there but keep moving.” I was doing that. I stopped in the next block.

I said, “Okay, we know where she is. We know that someone is doing some cruel things to her.

“Here’s how we will work it. Lisa, you will stay in the car and listen mentally. When I call mentally, come on up in the car. Frank, you will come with me but you are backup. When we find Pam, you will help her and I will provide cover then. Trust me. This will work.” They nodded. Frank and I left and Lisa moved to the driver’s seat and locked the doors. Frank and I moved slowly down the street looking for cover and trying to stay low.

When we approached the church’s lot, we stopped. I looked around and we began to move around to the back along one side of the lot. To my slight surprise, there were no sentries. We crept up to the side of the building looking for an entrance that we could use quietly. We found a door that I could force quietly and went inside quietly.

We closed the door behind us. Frank was following me as we went through the building. There were stairs and a man standing at the bottom. My pistol was still holstered and I snuck up behind him. I used a pressure point to paralyze him and pulled him to one side. We gagged him and tied him tightly. I applied more pressure and he passed out.

We went up the stairs, one of us to each side, watching for trouble. The second floor had classrooms and there was no one outside any room. Down the hall, we could see a light coming from one. We headed for it quietly. I motioned to Frank to draw his pistol. We entered the room.

Pam was lying on a bench strapped in place. There were red marks across her back. There were five people in the room with her, three women and two men. I said, “Good evening. I see you ‘good’ Christian people are whipping someone you have taken by force.” The woman holding the whip dropped it. She looked into my eyes and saw my look. All of them saw the pistol in Frank’s hand. “Frank, holster your pistol and get Pam loose from that bench and cover her.” He moved quickly. One of the men moved toward me. In a quiet voice, I said, “You will be in severe pain if you try something and you might die.” He stopped. I continued, “You are each evil, vile kidnappers and hurting any or all of you would be the only pleasure I expect to get out of this evening.” The woman who had the whip started to say something.

I looked at the man who had started for me. “Strip!”

He shook his head, “I’ll be damned if I do.”

I said, “You may be damned anyway but you’ll be dead if you don’t.” I decided to kill him as a lesson to the rest if he wanted to resist me. He looked at me and, I think, sensed that I was prepared to kill him. He began to remove his clothes. Once he was naked, I said, “Now, back up against the wall and sit down.” I pointed at the other man and said, “You’re next. Strip!”

I think he believed me for he said nothing but began to remove his clothing and took a place against a wall when I pointed.

The three women were all ugly crones. It was even an insult to crones to call them that name. I looked at the one who had held the whip. “You’re next. Strip!” She looked at me with hatred but she began to remove her clothing. When she was naked, I said, “Lie down on the bench.” Looking at the other two, I said, “You two can strip together. Then you will tie her down. If the bonds aren’t tight, I will tie you on top of her.” Their four eyes reflected their hate.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.