Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2 - Cover

Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 1

Our two weeks on the island were all the hype had made us imagine it could be. Except for onto the island, Saturday for the cleaning, and then when we left, we never wore a stitch other than sandals. We tanned evenly and enjoyed each other’s physical bodies wonderfully. We had options for boating and the like but passed them up. We just wanted to be alone in our new marriage. We tried every sexual position we could imagine. At the end of two weeks, we were happily tired. We slept on the plane all the way to England while wearing clothes that we had almost forgotten.

The trip to England was superb. I, of course, didn’t have any memory of having been there and Lisa had only been once on a guided tour. While we were on our chartered jet, I reminded her that we could make more trips. This trip was only the beginning. Lisa had been in contact with friends who had helped her with research previously and we had great tours by people who cared about what we saw and knew the parts of the things we saw intimately.

It was interesting for me to watch Lisa in her area of expertise as she questioned and, at one point, even lectured on Tolkien. I loved watching my beautiful wife demonstrate how smart she really is.

We stayed in some great places and some others that were just friendly. All through it, she was beside me and we loved frequently.

We returned to a lot of news.

First, our new home was almost completed.

Second, Reggie had come to terms and I had a contract to review with my favorite adviser, my wife. We reviewed the contract naked in bed. While focusing upon the contract wasn’t easy, my slave driver of a wife said that I couldn’t play with her body until we had finished reading and discussing each paragraph. Frank and Marv had performed admirably and I had no problems with any part of it. Reggie still didn’t know who was buying his company. This was in the form of an offer to sell to us rather than an offer to buy from us. Reggie had cost himself a hundred thousand dollars in a month and a half. I was thinking to cut a return offer that might be lower still. His company was not healthier and the bank had accelerated his loans and seized his checking accounts.

Third, Stan and Irene were married while we were gone and were, it seemed, even happier than before. Irene was staying with the team while Stan was becoming a detective. That would solve the problem of operating together for a long time.

Fourth, Pam announced that she, Frank, and Starcheer were very sure she was pregnant! I’m not sure which one of the three was more excited.

Fifth, Doc Baker, Ron, and Starlight were working wonders with patients in his practice using a process that kept Starlight from being discovered but which allowed Ron to use her skills to examine a patient’s mind and find the problems within it. Ron was a widower though, with his cancer now cured, he was more open to the possibility of a female partner in his life.

Sixth, Paul and Linda were totally enchanted with each other. Lightweaver admitted through Stargazer that they could frequently tell what each other was thinking without his help. He admitted that being in partnership with them strengthened his caring for them.

We arrived Saturday afternoon and went to Sunday school and church like we had with Paul and Linda. Saturday was a fun time and we enjoyed being with Paul and Linda that evening though we had talked by phone to them and others while in England. While on the island, we talked to no one except for the Saturday cleaning time and then only for short calls.

Sunday morning, we dressed and went into the seventh grade class to see the kids and Pam and Frank. It was a joyous time. Everyone admired our tans and the obvious joy we had with each other. Pam and Frank were totally in tune and it was a joy to see her free to be who she could be and to realize what a great person we had for a friend and co-worker.

Going into the sanctuary, we saw Jenna who was delighted to see us asking us about our honeymoon. She was particularly interested in our time in England.

At the announcement time, she asked us to stand welcoming us back. She said, “After a marvelous, whirlwind courtship, their honeymoon was no less exciting. They spent two weeks by themselves on an island in the Caribbean and then two weeks in England performing some research for Lisa’s doctorate paper on Tolkien. The first sounds excitingly romantic and the second part is something I have dreamed of doing since my first year of college. I’m glad to call them friends and members of this congregation. I’m glad you’re back.”

Pastor Jim gave his usual inspiring sermon. We went home to Paul and Linda’s with Pam and Frank joining us for lunch and supper plus time in between to talk and enjoy each other’s presence.

Pam said, “Now that you two are back, what are your immediate plans?”

Lisa said, “Our immediate project to respond back to Reggie. Frank has done a great job and we appreciate his patience in dealing with Reggie. We understand his situation is more serious than before. I think his company is in worse shape than had been thought. We will go over the contract one more time tonight and will call Frank in the morning from our office.” She smiled. “That has a nice ring to it. I like the ‘our’ part of it really well.”

I said, “We will want to go out and tour our new home. Through Pam, James says that it’s almost finished. We love being here but want to move into our own place soon.”

Linda said, “We like having the two of you but have become quite uninhibited while you were gone.” She grinned.

Paul said, “It looks like you will be busy tomorrow.”

I said, “I know. We’ve had a good person looking after things while we were gone. However, we still expect a busy few days while we catch up with what we have to do.

“I have a different subject for you to consider. Stargazer has others who would like to pair with humans. Have you any thoughts about other individuals or couples as candidates for partnering?”

That started some thought. Pam said, “I would start with Robert Jenkins, Pastor Jim and his wife, and Pastor Jenna. Frank and I have gotten to know her. She is a neat person.”

Paul said, “I can think of a few. Joan quickly comes to mind.”

Linda said, “I will have to think on that. There aren’t many in my tennis group that I think would work. I would want to think hard before suggesting that they be included. I don’t want to mess with people who might not appreciate the benefits of partnering.”

Frank said, “I would include Marv. He’s a good guy with a good marriage. He and his wife have been supportive of Pam and me as have Paul and Linda. They have helped us learn to be married.” Paul and Linda nodded in agreement.

The day ended and Pam and Frank went to their apartment. Pam would see us in the morning and Frank said he would call after talking to Reggie. He said, “What do I say about the lowered price?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.