OVERBOARD!
Chapter 18: Kay’s Father Learns She’s Not a Little Girl.

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 18: Kay’s Father Learns She’s Not a Little Girl. - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

"Daddy? Oh my God, what are you doing here?" Kay was clearly shocked.

"Kaitlyn, you know I don't like you taking the Lord's name in vain. Your mother and I may not be regular church goers but it doesn't mean we don't believe in the Lord and I think you should respect that belief even if you don't believe in Him."

She stepped over to him and they gave each other a hug. It was evident though they were holding back some. They separated and looked at each other.

"I never said I don't believe. It's a shock to see you, is all. You've never visited me out here. I'm scared and curious why you're here now."

"Well, after our phone call last night I did some thinking and I talked with Mother. We felt the only way we were going to convince you to come home was to come out here and talk to you face to face."

"Talk TO me or WITH me?"

"You know what I mean Kaitlyn."

"I'm not sure that I do Daddy. Last night you were determined that I should drop my studies and move back home. You didn't give me any reason to, you just demanded it and that's not right."

At this point I thought maybe I should leave them to their discussion. Even though the outcome would affect me, it was obvious this was a family matter and I didn't want to intrude or be a source of embarrassment for either of them. "You folks don't need me here so I will call it a night. Stay up as long as you want. Kay, your father and I had dinner and coffee but if you want to fix something go right ahead. Please lock up before you go to bed." I started to leave and was heading for my room when Kay called out.

"No Rob, this is important to you too and I want you to stay here for this."

"I'll stay and I'll partake but only if it's alright with both of you. Robert, is it alright with you? It's your family business, not mine."

He looked at me, he looked at Kay and then he looked at me again. "It seems to me Kaitlyn wants you to be a part of this conversation. If she's willing to discuss this in front of a stranger, I wonder why but I won't oppose it."

Kay spoke up. "That's part of the problem Daddy. Rob is not a stranger, TO ME. He won't be a stranger to you if you'll just bend a little and talk with him. I owe him a lot and I trust him. I think you will too, if you just give him a chance."

"Well, if we're going to stay up and talk for a while, we might as well get comfortable. Would anyone like something to drink?"

"I'll have a beer, Rob."

I'm sorry, Robert, I don't drink beer and I don't keep it in the house. I was going to have a glass of wine, can I get you one? Kay, what would you like?" I carefully asked those two questions in that order so he would answer first and Kay could pick something based on his choice.

"I'm not much of a wine drinker, Rob, but if you're having some, I guess I will too."

"I'll take a glass too, Rob, thank you."

He looked over at Kay and his eye brows went up some. "Since when do you drink, Kaitlyn, and how much do you drink?"

"I drink wine occasionally here, Daddy, and you know the boys and I were drinking your beer at home. We didn't do it much and the boys liked it much more than I did but you had to see your beers disappearing out of the refrigerator."

"Well, I never gave it much thought, normally your mother would get me my beer in the evenings so I didn't see them disappearing. I expect she did though and just didn't see a reason to let me know."

"Robert, why don't you sit back down in that chair you're so comfortable in. Kay, would you help me with the glasses please?"

We left the great room going to the kitchen. "Kay, your father showed up here not long after you left for work this evening. He wanted to go to your restaurant and bring you home right then. I wouldn't tell him where the restaurant was and convinced him to have dinner with me and talk instead."

"You've already been talking with him?"

"Yes, I've been trying to let him get to know me some. He was going to stay in a hotel tonight but I've got him in the front bedroom. I even got him to return the rental car he picked up at the airport by promising I would get him to the airport myself. He's intending to go back to Kansas tomorrow and take you with him whether you want to go or not."

"I'm not going! He can't treat me like a child anymore, I won't stand for it."

"I've been talking with him all night and I think I've shown him I'm not some kind of crazy looking to harm his daughter but I don't know. He seems to have backed off some."

"You're not a crazy; you're a friend, one I can count on. I never expected him to come out here to challenge me on this. I've got to make him see I really am safe and belong here."

"I think you can do it but he's tired; he was dozing in that chair when you came in because he got up at about two-thirty our time and he did all his farm work before coming out here. Talk to him if you think it's a good idea but I think we should all get a night's rest and take this up in the morning."

"Why are we bringing out wine then?"

"Remember the other night when I was trying to get you to relax? I know I over did it but it worked. I want your dad to have one glass of wine to help him relax and sleep. I don't want him thinking about this all night long and working himself up. I figure we can talk a little tonight and then go to bed. In the morning we'll all be fresher and feel better."

"Okay, sounds like a plan."

We went back to the great room. I carried the wine and cork screw while Kay had the glasses on a tray. When we stepped in Robert surprised me, he was on his feet looking at the books on my shelves.

"This is quite a collection you have here Rob. I recognize some of the authors' names but not all of them, by half. I know some of this is science fiction but what do you call these others?"

I opened the wine and poured us each a glass. Kay handed her father one and he looked at her when she picked up her own.

I looked to see which books he meant. I answered his question as we started to relax a little. "Fantasy, science fantasy, they're several good books and I've been reading them since I was a kid. I still read them, some, over and over again. Many I have electronically now on my Kindle. When I'm travelling I take my books with me and it doesn't matter whether I have one or a hundred of them loaded, the Kindle weighs the same."

"I don't think I've ever seen this many books of that type at once before. I know our library in town doesn't have this many."

"Not everyone likes the genre but I do."

"I do too, Dad. I read some of these growing up, taking them from the library at school and the one in town. They helped me to think of the future and wonder."

"I wouldn't know, I never read a whole lot growing up and what I did read didn't include science fiction or fantasy. I read about old England, the Scottish high lands, the crusades, the West and other books like that."

"Were you reading fiction or history, Robert?"

"I read a little of history, some action stories, a lot of what might have happened and a little of what could have been. I've always wondered how we came to where we are."

"That's fantasy too, Robert. Historical novels and adventure are just another form of fantasy writing. Unless you're reading factual accounts of actual events it's all fantasy."

"I don't know about that. What would you call Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn?"

"They're fantasy too, all fiction is fantasy. Unless it's a historical account of an event or it's an instruction manual of some kind, like a text book, it's fantasy. If it comes out of someone's mind, they make it up, it's fantasy. We may not call it that but that's what it is none the less."

"Call it what you will. I just don't have time to do a lot of reading and I never have. When you're on a farm you find there is always something to do and for the most part you're doing it alone. In the evenings when you're with family you spend the time with them not a book. Do you understand what I mean?"

"I do, Robert. Kay has told me farming is 24-7-365 and I believe it."

"I understand too, Daddy. That's not the life I want. I know you and the boys are comfortable with it and Mom too but I'm not. I think of other things. What I think of is one of the things that brought me to school here. My counselor in high school thought I was a natural for this because of both my grades and what I read at school."

"Really Kaitlyn, what you read in school? How did he know what you read?"

"Dad, with computers he knew my grades, what my teachers thought of me, what books I took out of the library and how long I had them along with everything else. He was able to relay that information to the school here and that's how I got invited out for their summer recruitment program."

The wine was getting low in our glasses and Robert was yawning again, even though he tried hard to stifle it.

"Robert, you're coming up on a twenty-three hour day about now. I'm tired so I know you've got to be. How about we call it a night and get some sleep. I was going to go out on my boat tomorrow but I don't have to so I'm good for continuing this in the morning. Kay, what about you, do you need to do anything tomorrow morning?"

"The only thing I have tomorrow is my shift at the restaurant in the evening. I was going to do laundry but I can do that while we're talking or another day if necessary."

"I guess you're right, Rob. It has been a long day and I don't know if I'm thinking clearly anymore. Bed sounds like a good idea. I'll see you both in the morning but remember I'm still supposed to fly back home tomorrow."

"We'll talk in the morning."

He went to the front bedroom, Kay and I took the wine bottle and glasses to the kitchen.

"Thanks for your help with him, Rob. I'm going to need more tomorrow though. If you're up, please make sure I am when he is. I'll make breakfast for us all. I know you're not big on the meal but he's used to a big breakfast."

"I can take us out for one if you'd prefer. It'll be easier for you and you can concentrate on talking with him."

"Let's see how we all feel when we get up, okay?"

"Good enough for me, I'm going to take a shower and go to bed. Goodnight, Kay."

"I've got to take one too and get the restaurant smell off of me. Goodnight, Rob, and thanks for taking care of my dad, I'll see you in the morning."

In the morning I was the first one up which surprised me some. I expected Robert, being a farmer and used to early mornings, to beat me. I made a pot of coffee and took it out with me to my back yard. I did a little fussing around before I sat in as lounger to enjoy the coffee and read some from my Kindle.

Robert joined me about a half hour after I settled down. "Good morning, Rob. I can't understand why I've slept so late today."

"Good morning to you too and I can think of a few good reasons why you've slept in. To start with, you had an exceptionally long day yesterday. When you get up to our age you have to remember you're not a spring chicken anymore, you can't burn the candle at both ends the way we used to in our youth. Another reason is I think it was an emotional day for you yesterday; they can be tiring just as a physical day can. The last reason I can come up with without having to stretch is you're facing a fight with your daughter. You love her, you don't want to hurt her, you want her to do things your way, you know she isn't going to buckle under and deep down, you know she's right."

He looked over at me for a moment. "Can I have some of that coffee?

"Sure, I'll get you a cup." I went in the house and quickly darted around to Kay's bedroom. I knocked softly. "Kay? Kay, get up, your dad is out by the pool with me and we're having coffee."

She mumbled something but sat up so I left her and went to the kitchen. I picked up a cup and went back out to the pool deck. "Here you go, Robert." I said as I filled a cup and handed it to him.

"Thank you. You're right you know."

"Hmm?"

"Maybe about sleeping in, maybe not about having a fight with Kaitlyn and knowing she's right. For a single guy, you sure seem to know a lot about parenting. Were you married before or something?"

It seemed he was feeling me out, trying to understand me some. "No, I've never been married before. I've had a few, very few, serious relationships with women and I've come close once but things fell apart because she felt I wasn't adventurous enough, or something like that. The only things I know about parenting are what I experienced growing up, what I've seen around me and what I've learned speaking with my parents, primarily my father."

"You must pay attention well then. You seem to see things pretty clearly and understand them. I know a lot of my contemporaries back home don't. They seem to be the ones with the most problems dealing with their children."

"Good morning Daddy, Rob. Who has problems dealing with their children back home?" Kay said this as she came up behind Robert. It surprised him as he was facing away from the house and as usual Kay was barefooted.

"You should know daughter, you went to school with them."

"Yeah, but I'd rather hear it from you. That's how I'll know you appreciate me and how good I was back home."

The day seemed to be starting well and I wanted it to stay that way. "Is anyone interested in breakfast?"

"What are you planning on fixing, Rob, or does Kaitlyn do the cooking?"

"Kay and I split up the cooking. I don't demand it of her but I accept when it's offered. When I'm cooking I do the same for her. Just now though I'm not planning on fixing anything, nor am I having Kay fix anything. I was going to take us out for breakfast. There's a nice restaurant, not too far from here, that specializes in the morning meal. They do lunch and dinner too but their specialty is breakfast and they will fix anything you want."

"For a farmer, breakfast in the most important meal of the day, it fuels you up and gets you moving. Let me take a quick shower and I'll be ready to go. Kaitlyn, are you coming with us?"

"Of course Daddy, I'm going to spend as much time with you as I can before you leave."

I wasn't sure that was a good statement for her to make. He looked at her kind of hard but didn't say anything before he went in.

"Are you trying to antagonize him, Kay?"

"No, I'm letting him know I'm not going to roll over for him."

"I suppose you know what you're doing, at least I hope so."

We went to breakfast where we ate, relaxed and talked, mostly about nothing. I learned some about farming life and he learned some about computers and networks. It was very convivial but I could see Robert was getting antsy. I figured he wanted to bring the issue to a close but I didn't know how he was leaning.

We went back to the house and were all sitting around a table in the backyard. The discussion was going to be now. I just hoped they came up with a mutually agreeable ending and didn't fight too badly.

"Daddy, when are you going home?"

"When I decided to come out here yesterday I planned on going back today and bringing you back with me."

"When were you planning on telling me this? What am I supposed to do about my school? If I leave now I'll lose all the money I just paid for my courses and the small fortune I just paid for my text books will be wasted. I'll still have the books but they won't do me a whole lot of good."

"Kaitlyn, just what good are these things you're studying going to do you? I can't think of anywhere near us in Kansas you'll find a job that you'll be able to use this material. Do you know something I don't?"

"I'm not done yet. What about my jobs? Do you expect me to leave without giving any notice? How would you feel if someone working for you did that? It would leave you in the lurch wouldn't it? Besides my course books, were you planning on me abandoning all my other things here?"

"I didn't say that, Kaitlyn. I'm sure we can make arrangements for your things to be boxed up and sent to you back home."

"By who Daddy? Rob? You would have me abandon him and the job he's given me, the trust and responsibility he's given me with his home and his pets without any opportunity for him to find a replacement for me. You expect him to do favors for me under those circumstances?!? What are you thinking, Daddy? This isn't like you. You haven't thought this through and I don't understand. What's really going on here, Daddy? What's the real story? So far all you've done is tell me you're bringing me home; you haven't given me any reasons."

"Kaitlyn, I shouldn't have to give you any reasons. I'm your father and I know what's best for you."

"Bullshit Daddy!"

"KAITLYN! Don't you talk to me that way!"

"That's more bullshit, Daddy. The boys talk to you like that all the time. I thought we were the same, me and them. You've always said we were. And I don't think you DO know what's best for me, not when you're telling me to abandon everything I'm doing out here without some explanation. Again, what's really going on here, Daddy? What's the real story?"

Wow, no matter how I had thought this conversation would go, I never thought Kay would attack her father this way. I was blown away. Robert was obviously thrown off his stride and Kay wasn't allowing him to recover. She was a little hellcat. Good for her.

Robert was sitting back, leaning back against the chair, and looking at Kay with wonder in his face. It was as if he'd been smacked up side his head with a stick.

"Alright, Kaitlyn, you've made your point. Maybe I didn't think this through but I want what's best for you."

"I'm sure you do, Daddy but there is a big difference between WANTING what's best for me and KNOWING what's best for me. I'm telling you right now, Daddy, I'm not going anywhere today but to work for the evening shift."

I thought it would be a good time to separate the combatants for a little bit. "I'm thirsty and I'm sure you guys are too. I'm going to get some ice tea, Kaitlyn will you help me please?"

Kay looked at her father for a moment. "Sure, Rob."

We walked back to the house and into the kitchen. "Kay, I've never seen you like this. Is this what goes on in your house at home?"

"I've never spoken to my father this way before. The boys have had words with him but not quite like this. I know I can't let him get away with bullying me. This is the only way I can think of to stop him, and it's working."

"I don't see where I'm going to be part of this. Do you still want me out there with you?"

"Yes Rob, for moral support if nothing else. I may need your help later. If you see somewhere to jump in, please do so."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.