Through a Glass Dimly
Chapter 19

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 19 - Like all my stories, this has religious overtones. If you don't like that, don't read it! It's a romance with a science fiction twist thrown in. Some different directions for them from other scifi treatments. Happy endings are nice things.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Science Fiction   Anal Sex   First   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story, science fiction romantic story, sci-fi romantic story

Monday, we went to the bank. We saw Pamela White first. She was walking to her desk when we came in the door. She almost ran to Lisa and hugged her. "You're okay. I was so worried though the news reports said you never went to the hospital."

Lisa hugged her back. "If it hadn't been for Al, I would have been dead. He showed up in the nick of time." She had never released my hand but I was becoming used to the fact that she wasn't going to let me go for any period of time unless it's absolutely necessary. I knew she would be back to frequent eventually but I liked touching her, too.

Pam said, "I have given my notice though some have tried to talk me out of it. I was hoping you would come in soon. Frankly, I was becoming unsure about what to do."

I said, "I understand. We're back on track and we still want you to join us. It is your call and things have changed here. Hopefully, it will be permanent. We wanted to talk with you and then need to speak with Mister Jenkins. This is our first real outing other than church."

She said, "Thanks for coming in.

"Lisa, I thought the paper said you were shot?"

Lisa said, "I was. When do you go to lunch? We'll take you and tell all."

She looked a little shy. "My guy was coming and we were going to eat together."

Lisa said, "Bring him with you. I would like to meet him unless your time was going to be 'hot' and you don't want company."

"No. We've been going together for four or five months. I like him a lot but it's going slowly. We met at a church." She smiled quietly.

Lisa said, "That's not a bad idea. We moved faster but we both realized we were ready and each other was the right one."

She smiled. "How long have you known each other?"

Lisa blushed a little. "I saw Al at the fitness center about a month ago. It's been busy."

Pam said, "We'll be glad to have lunch with you. I'll tell Mister Jenkins that you're here to see him."

She went to her desk and made a call. She came back. "He said he would be here in a minute. Would you like to sit down? May I get you some coffee?"

Jenkins came in then and Lisa saw him. "Here's Mister Jenkins now. Thank you, Pam. We'll see you later." She gave Pam's hand a gentle squeeze.

Jenkins came up to us and said, "Lisa, Al, it's good to see you two today or any day." Lisa released my hand long enough to shake his. I shook hands with him. He waved us to his office.

Once we were seated and served coffee, he said, "Please, call me Robert. What can I or the bank do for you this morning?"

Lisa said, "Okay, Robert. We thought we needed to think through with you some initial plans for investing the money. Al and I have talked about three levels of investing. We thought that most of it should be long-term. The second grouping would be an amount we would handle to invest in the community in small businesses and personal projects. The small remainder would be held in cash to cover expenses. However, we haven't put numbers to all that."

Jenkins said, "Should I look at your money as one big chunk or as two separate pieces?"

I said, "It's just one big piece. Our marriage is about a month away. Actually, we claimed the prize thinking there might be a tax advantage though knowing we would be married very soon.

"I guess my first question is what options are there for the larger portion of our money and how would you suggest we split it?"

Robert said, "Let's see exactly how much we are holding. You had the money sent to your regular checking accounts?" We nodded. "First, we will put it in interest bearing accounts. I get the following totals. In your account, Lisa, is twenty-five million, twelve thousand, seven hundred sixty-three dollars and fifty-six cents. Al, your account has more. It totals twenty-five million, sixty-seven thousand, four hundred twenty-seven dollars and 83 cents. That's a total of fifty million, eighty thousand, one hundred ninety-one dollars and thirty-nine cents. You did well in the lottery.

I would suggest that you divide it into four pieces initially. The majority would be invested for long-term results. I would suggest a no-load mutual fund with low costs and fees. We have some we can recommend and, actually, we don't earn much commission on sending you there. I would put forty million there. That leaves approximately ten million and change. I have an idea about that but I need to know more of your plans for the next year or so to properly make any recommendation to you."

I said, "Robert, our first project is to get married. Our second project is to buy the home we have picked. It's being built by James Hogan."

"I saw the plans when our loan committee approved his loan. It will be a very nice home. It won't be cheap."

"That's true and we have already added some costs to it in changes.

"After our wedding, we plan to take a honeymoon. I am thinking about a month if I can get Lisa away from school that long." I chuckled. Lisa grinned. "I suspect it won't be cheap either. We will offer to pay or help pay for the wedding but I don't know if Paul and Linda will let us.

"That's step one. The next step is to buy an office condo and staff it with at least a sharp receptionist."

Robert said, "That's why we're losing our front desk lady. You know she is one of the best we've ever had out there?"

Lisa said, "I'm not surprised. She is very impressive. We offered her a job when we first came to see you. She was being mistreated by Andrews. I offered to start her at more than she would make after her probation ended."

I said, "Therefore, that next step is to buy and furnish an office as well as pay someone to keep it going while we are gone and then help us when we return."

"What do you plan to do from that office?"

"Officially, I will be a consulting engineer. I expect to use that business as a springboard for investing in new businesses or buying and fixing businesses."

Robert said, "I may be your first customer. If I am ousted here, I will be opening an investment brokerage. I have some certifications and a lot of experience that could be employed."

I grinned at him. "We have an extra office waiting for you if the board is still foolish or if you want to do your own thing. We would invest in you or hire you to find deals for us. We'll take either end of that bet."

"Regardless of what happens here, I want to talk to you after you return from your honeymoon."

Lisa said, "We can talk during the month we're waiting to get married. Al suggested we find a justice of the peace and just do it. I think my mom thought about hitting him until she realized her leg was missing. He had pulled it completely off." Both of us chuckled and Robert joined in.

Robert picked back up. "Anyway, I would put eight of the remainder in short-term money that is highly liquid as you figure out what to do with it. The remaining two million and change, I would split into your checking accounts that will become interest bearing today. As time passes, you may move more out of the long-term and into an active investment account. Your investments will be long-term just with a different basis. They won't be very liquid."

I said, "That's pretty much what I figured. We want to be 'angel' investors. We'll strike out a few times and some will take a lot of work but we will be patient. We want people to succeed. However, angel doesn't mean idiot."

Robert smiled. "Okay, I will prepare authorizations for you, change your accounts and create an investment account with the eight million. Other than stealing a great, young employee, what else can I do for you or you do to me?"

Lisa said, "That's the start that we wanted. When should we return for the paperwork?"

"I will have everything prepared after lunch."

Lisa said, "Great! We are taking our future employee out to lunch along with her guy. I'm shopping for bridesmaids."

Robert laughed. "I know when I'm outbid. Enjoy your lunch and tell Pam that I think she has made a good decision."

Lisa said, "Thank you. It's been a pleasure doing business with you." She released my hand long enough to shake Robert's. I extended mine with a grin and we shook. We left his office and picked up Pamela and her guy, Frank Lauder.

Frank was a nice guy who was a beginning lawyer working with Marvin Harrison.

We took them to eat at a nice little restaurant just two blocks from the bank. Frank said, "We appreciate you bringing us here. It's a little beyond the pay of a fledging lawyer."

I chuckled. "It's a bit beyond an unemployed engineer and a grad student. Fortunately, we won the lottery. It makes expenses less expensive."

Frank said, "You're Mister Harrison's new clients. He was afraid he might have to represent you in criminal court! You've been in the paper, too."

"That's true. Someone told me to remember that, 'all is well that ends.' I try to remember that. It ended okay but wasn't the most fun I've ever had."

Lisa said, "Frank, what's your story?"

"I was born in South Carolina and graduated high school there. I won a scholarship to go to college here. I played baseball and went to school. I fell in love with the area. I went off to law school. When I finished and passed the bar exam, I returned here and went to work with Mister Harrison's firm. I'm learning a lot and getting good experience. Eventually, I'll make partner or go out on my own.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.