A World of Our Own - Cover

A World of Our Own

Copyright© 2013 by Jerrod

Chapter 2

There were extenuating circumstances. Yes, that is what he had been told why representation at the meeting was so low. It was not a slight, he had been told, but Mustapha/Steve instinctively knew something was wrong.

What was wrong was the nature of the meeting that morning. The delegates, actually the sycophants who were so afraid the 'gravy train' would soon be over for them, decided to hitch their wagons to this new horse. Mustapha/Steve was having no part in this and walked out.

Outside the room he took a deep breath. He was mad, angry, confused. Why had he come? Something just made him, but it could not be for this. These cretins were sick. All they wanted was money and power. They had no care for or concern for humanity, only themselves.

He walked down to the lobby of the Hotel to leave. A car came up, he heard his name called to get in. Inside was an old Chinese man and a beautiful young woman. He was not only drawn to her but felt this man was the reason he was here.

Steve was called then by a name he had only heard once before. His real father called him by that name. He was very young but would always remember it. Li Wu knowing it answered any questions Steve might have posed, called it out to him. Steve knew inside this was his destiny.

Li Wu knew it too. In the hope thing might get better he had delayed his next action. Steve would play a key role. It would not be easy, in many ways it would give many false hope but his enemies had given Wu little choice. Now he would go on the offensive and Steve would be at the forefront. Mei was the bait, Steve would be the sword, all he now needed to provide was the means to begin his plan.

They went to Wu's plane, all boarded and soon they were airborne. Wu made some generic introductions. "You will see your father eventually Mustapha. We all have things that must be done. I, no, we need you to accept the role in this war without question, without concern or remorse. Know only that what will be done is necessary."

He was not sure why he replied how he did. It was automatic. "I hear and Obey Master Wu."

"We go to Damascus. There you will start. There are those who will be threatened by what you do. Use the people to carry out what you do. If the people demand something no military or government on this planet may long go against them If the people believe you do things for them and not for yourself they will protect you. Mei will also arrange for an alternate for you. Read this, it is the things you must do initially."

Mei smiled, she had made special arrangements already and she had more later.

That phrase, 'Waste not, Want not' had been ingrained in Mei almost since birth. If Mustapha would only agree, she would make one change, two actually. Later more as needed.

"Mustapha, you will need someone to comfort and care for you above all others, even at the cost of their own life. Will you do as I say?"

He gave a quizzical look to Mei. "Your new wives are Penny and Miko. They will protect you should it cost them their lives."

That was not the only surprise that day. When the plane landed in Damascus, lined up were hundreds of guards, ostensibly for Li Wu but were really there for Mustapha. That name seemed more fitting there, In time, he would be known by many names. Some would not care that what he did was good, helped the people and, in general improved their standard of living. His enemies called the Devil or the Anti-Christ. Whatever name it now drew the world's attention from the Order and what Li Wu was doing.

More security was on it's way. They would arrive in Cairo that evening, Penny. Miko and the added security would meet them there. Money bought many things and Li Wu would make certain that Mustapha had plenty. Much had been set into motion in Cairo. Tel Aviv would be their stop after Cairo.

In both places bribes to the 'right' people had provided for a chance to put the plan into action. The prospect of one million Chinese troops to act as 'Peacekeepers' in Palestine and Syria had some influence also. What harm could one man do after all.

No harm was ever intended. Those who would be an enemy though would be dealt with. Mei also arranged for security that an Arab would take careful note of before trying anything foolish against Mustapha. 'The Old Man Of The Mountain' may have been a myth, but the term assassin had a basis in reality. These too served Mei and by extension would watch over Mustapha. She laughed, as she remembered what a Golden Dragon was capable of, let alone the Dark Lords ninja guards. The last test of Penny and Miko had become near legend. Not that they passed the test but that each had bonded so as to choose death before what they felt would have been dishonour.

$100 Billion dollars had been allocated to set Wu's plans in motion. Mustapha was soon in place to begin it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.