A World of Our Own
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2013 by Jerrod

Hawaii was chosen for the 'shoot' both by the client as well as the production company. Each had their own reasons and both had a pre-determined schedule to keep.

The original timeframe for the pictures was to be 7 days. Once the venue of Hawaii was chosen it had been cut to 3 days. It was decided that it was not the rainy season and each day saved put a bonus into someone's pocket.

Cat had been through this more times than she wanted to think of. This 'opportunity' was made to entice her to loosen up and do some nude shoots as well as make herself available to entertain the clients. The producer figured that he would break her in to the good life now.

She had been used like this since she could remember. First it was commercials. Those 30 second spots brought her to the attention of a TV producer then she spent the next five years of her life doing several series. Most were legitimate. Two producers wanted her to do some private videos for overseas clients. When the scripts called for the clothes to come off, Cat did too. At twelve she would either do what the producers wanted her to do or no work.

She rather enjoyed no more work.

Two years seemed to fly by. At fourteen, two things happened. One, she became a woman, a very fine looking woman, second, an old photographer from when she was younger, had gotten aboard a popular teen magazine and when a particular photo spread was discussed, thought immediately of her.

He and she had always worked well together. In fact, he was the one who warned her what the model's life was like and what excesses many producers would drive her to do and become. The photo shoot he offered her was suggestive, brief and very see-through lingerie and bikini bottoms only but he had readily agreed to give her the 'right of refusal' and to air brush any offending shots. Her career became renewed with this shoot. Her work over the next few years was limited and very soon more and more advertisers wanted this 'fresh, new look' model.

Cat had decided that this last shoot in Hawaii would be it for now, possibly the last she would do. She could sense the direction she was being asked, no told to go in, and it was not a direction she was interested in pursuing, nor taking any more assignments.

She was not rich, but for a sixteen year old girl, she was wise beyond her years. When her agent began to demand she sign some 'questionable' overseas contracts, two in Arab countries and one in Aruba she calmly had a legal firm terminate his representation and had a order of protection served for the minor Catherine Brown. One might wonder about her parents and why they never seemed to care about her. She had a simple explanation, they did not care. Her grandmother had been there for her most of her life.

Grand Mama was a fire ball when it came to her granddaughter. They talked about anything and everything. As she got older, it usually dealt with men. Cat was in a very 'bad' business and she had to make several choices between a casting couch or no assignment. She had made a few bad choices but the presence of a bodyguard her grandmother had hired for her and the threat of police had saved her in those early tests.

She had gone to several schools along the way. As soon as they found out more about her, several things were always the same. Girls thought of her as some slut and competition. Guys wanted their turn with the new slut and many found themselves facing not only their parents but hauled into court or served with the threat of legal action. It was no wonder that the future for this young lady was still uncertain. Cat decided to stay in Hawaii for a bit after that last shoot.

Steve, or Mustafa, as his father liked to call him was adopted. A Turkish father and, from what he remembered, a red haired Irish mother back then. That was one thing he always remembered, pretty women. His adopted father had always surrounded himself with pretty women.

If there had been any great influence on him as he was growing up, it had been his grandfather. Even though he had been adopted, there was something which drew him close to his grandfather. That closeness would be reciprocated, for when his grandfather died, Steve was informed that outside a small but generous trust fund left to his adopted father; he was the sole beneficiary in his grandfather's will. More than six Billion Dollars in cash, stocks, bonds and ownership of several fabulous properties were included.

His father was furious. Sure the money from the trust fund would keep him well off but he had always thought of the billions as his. He had only adopted Steve to satisfy his father, now he began to realize why.

Steve had inherited several properties and corporations from his grandfather. Since he was over eighteen, not much could be said or done when he elected himself the CEO. He was, after all, the sole or majority stockholder. One or two 'fat cats' did not want to get off what they felt was their due. Being adopted they thought would invalidate the will. It seemed the legal beagles they hired all informed them that a beneficiary did not mean they even had to be related to the deceased. Family status only played in if there was no will. The law firm representing Steve was considered one of the best so no action was likely when any reputable lawyer knew he could not win. In the few times one tried, a counter suit for $100 millions was soon filed and new security firms removed all resistance from those sites.

Family was another sore point for Steve. People he had never seen or met before now were coming out of the woodwork claiming kinship. Most said they were a De Lucca or were a distant cousin. It was funny in a way, they never even checked to see that he was adopted. One thing about his father though, he casually informed Steve that everyone who claimed to be related was not and an imposter. Steve gained some respect for him and when he suggested Dad relocate his harem using another Villa he inherited on the Black Sea, it was readily accepted.

The house in Maui was almost empty now. Marusita Sensei, who had been his instructor since he was five lived there with his daughter, Kiko, who had just turned sixteen. Several support people now that his father was gone, wanted to attend to the house. Steve retained a cook, maid, driver and three gardeners/pool caretakers. An old Hawaiian man and his daughters. They were to live in the small house now vacated when Sensei and Kiko moved back into the large home.

Steve wanted a simple life and yet most of the outward signs of success were kept. He felt what he did in private was no concern to those he did business with.

Several changes were made shortly after he took charge. Many would call it consolidation, his tax accountants called it foolish but four investments, each poised to open new markets in foreign countries were sold off or future funding stopped. It made him some enemies but in the long run, gave him a more comfortable feeling, since they all would have demanded much of his time in the future. His grandfather had left a book, a journal of sorts and commented on almost every thing he had acquired. One or two things seemed to be inviolate and no matter if they made money or not, he would not do anything against the direction and advice his grandfather had indicated. One such action was the advice to find a wife, a woman who would accept him as he was and was willing to become involved in all aspects of Steve's life.

Not bad advice Steve thought. At nineteen though, he did not think this was a priority though.

There was something that bothered him though. He had never had or been a friend to anyone. He decided to try to at least make life better for a few. Although it took a while, he was allowed to visit the forbidden Island. Molokai had been a leper island for many years. With the advent of modern medicine and knowledge replacing fear and superstition, things had improved. On the way there, he wondered if the flesh eating virus now spreading across the mainland had any relationship to the centuries old leper plague.

He was greeted by Sister Mary Ross and two medical doctors. Although care was non denominational, Steve conducted his own investigation. Soon he was asked a very simple question, why was he asking things. The State of Hawaii had agreed to his visit but not much else was known. He could be a reporter, a patient or know of one. Sister Mary though wondered since his questions did not appear those of a young man. Steve began his reasoning.

"I have been very fortunate Sister, I was adopted and found someone who cared for me just the way I was. He left me with more than I ever could use and he left me with something I never knew I had; Loneliness. In much the same way I now want to try to help those who share that with me. I know you try your best. It is not easy. But these people have no one and nothing like I once shared with them. I want to give them, through you, something. I am told by a certain official, that as long as no tax credit is applied for, the State will not trouble you or this mission about a small contribution."

Steve handed her a checkbook. "Use these as you see fit for their care. Every year it will be added to. Use care and it will be our little secret Sister." $ Twenty Millions would not be even something Sister Ross would ever get for this mission, now she was being handed a gift that could impact everything and everyone on the Island. Steve left with tears in his eyes. Sister Ross did not even know his name.

The trip also made Steve take notice of something else. Not only was he isolated, away, by choice, from the many calls and e-mails he was now subjected to but he needed to attend, chair in fact several upcoming Board meetings.

Fate seemed to step into his life once more. On a short walk on the beach, with Kiko watching every step, he saw the girl crying and holding her leg.

The red and raw stripes left no doubt that a jellyfish had stung her. Maybe an squid even or several since the wounds were all over her leg.

"Suck it up trooper!" he said to the girl, "I have some good news and some sort of not so good news. First you will be okay. Second, the pain can go away right now, but the cure is a bit personal.'

"What do you mean?" She said that just as Kiko came up.

"Kiko love, Can you call to the house and have some vinegar and compresses brought out here. In the meantime I'll go for a little swim while you two get a little personal time in.'

Kiko took up her radio, called the house and as Steve began to go away, crouched over the now swollen leg and started talking to the girl.

"You will what!" as the warm wet stream ran across her leg. The pain went away like magic and as Kiko pulled the bottom of her bikini back in place, she laughed and said that Steve would gladly take her place if more pee was needed. It was not very usual, but it introduced Cat to Kiko and Steve in a very personal way.

Two vinegar bottles, yards of gauze and some salve fishermen used made Cat look more like a mummy than a model. They also were not alone. Sensei marched down to the beach with a giant of a man 10 yards ahead. Cat stared at them in wonder. "Hans", she said. "Why are you here?" "Your grandmother, Miss Cat, you know how she is! I was not expecting this midget to start throwing me around. I was just to watch over you."

The remark was said with a smile as Hans looked back to the frail looking old man. He got a punch on the arm from Kiko. "You big bully, you leave my father alone and pick on someone your own size."

They talk about love at first sight. Hans was not just smitten, he was unable to even close his mouth let alone say anything. Kiko too seemed in a trance as these two just stared at each other. Sensei was the first to say anything.

"Well, I guess if he is going to join the family, I could teach him how to protect himself from my daughter,"

Neither seemed to hear the comment. Neither moved, they just stood and looked at each other like love starved sheep.

Steve picked up Cat like she was today's grocery bag. "Let's get home and get you a doctor and some rest, although I think the worst is over. Sensei, when and if Kiko comes back to this reality, see if we can find a place for our giant this evening, hopefully not to far from your daughter. Put our new friend between them, at least for tonight. You may have to watch our guest too since I am not certain Kiko wants to sleep in my room tonight.

Steve was not being rude. Ever since her father had started to train her, she had insisted on sleeping in the same room as Steve. At first everyone thought it cute. When they both got older, even though nothing was ever said, and those sleeping arrangements were never discussed. Kiko and Steve were more like brother and sister. There was nothing that would ever change that. In the years to come, on the simple pallet at the foot of wherever Steve slept, not together, would be found Kiko or one of her daughters until Steve's death.

It was one of those things a wife would either accept or she would not be a wife.

We often overlook both sides of such things. Trust in a spouse not only applies to the person a Steve would wed but also to a Kiko mate. It may seem unusual in modern times for such an arrangement, but from history, guards, protectors and servants would not dream of leaving their charges un-protected at night.

Enough on this. Between the two, there was never a concern, issue or problem with this and all considered this for what it was, a normal extended family not some sort of harem or sexual thing.

Something happened when the rag tag group returned to the house.

Hans and Kiko seemingly had returned to this world. Hans was on his cell while Kiko was going to and fro looking for something to do while the big man was away from her side. Steve commented to the girl that it looked like he would need more staff soon. She laughed and they started to introduce themselves to each other. Hans approached and held out his phone for Cat to take.

"Yes Grandmother, I am all right, although, I think more people know a few secrets now about me than I had planned. Hans and I were invited to stay at the De Lucca house this evening. I don't think it is necessary but Steve has sent for a doctor for me. Assuming everything is OK I will check in at a hotel tomorrow. You don't need to bother coming down, I am fine."

Steve extended his hand for the phone, mouthing to Cat for her Grandmother's name. Mrs. Miller Cat whispered back.

Steve took the cell. "Mrs. Miller' this is Steve De Lucca. I just wanted to invite you to join your granddaughter here. I think she is fine, but having family might be good for her. I have a young lady here to keep her company but another beautiful woman here is very welcome, so please join us. I will arrange transportation. Where are you and a car will get you tomorrow morning."

"LAX is fine or we can leave from Orange County. Ralph Beeber will take you and Sheila Grey to the plane. Sheila will travel with you here, so you will not be alone. My grand father was always concerned to travel alone so it just became a family thing for a companion to go along. She is not a large as your Hans here but I assure you she is just as deadly if required. No, I am not Italian, but we may discuss me when you arrive. I just wanted to assure you that you, Hans and your granddaughter are more than welcome here and it is no imposition, we have plenty of room."

Marge Miller had an inkling that Steve De Lucca was not the usual nineteen year old one runs into. From some of the things Hans had said on the phone she expected Steve was not the usual California surfer. The fact that Cat had made no negative comments about him or the situation also gave her the impression that this would be more than a casual meet. When the phone rang, followed by a Limo pulling up Marge actually got excited. For too long she had hoped and prayed that Cat might find someone that might appreciate her for who she was, not try to use her. When she met Sheila and was taken aboard a shiny new Gulfstream V jet, she took a deep breath and walked up the steps.

Kiko offered to show Hans around the estate. Sure, she made it sound like a real effort. Inside, she was like a little girl, wait, she still was a little girl. Steve had a feeling that he might need another house on the estate soon.

He told Cat that he would make arrangements for all of them for the next day. She should rest now. The terrace had a day bed and the view was very peaceful there. Cat looked and had to agree. For the first time in her life she actually felt someone respected and cared how she might feel or react. The feeling was similar on Steve's part. He offered things from the heart. There were no pretensions or grand stand plays intended. Cat seemed to gratefully accept things not expect them. He had a similar feeling from talking to her grandmother.

He received hourly reports from the plane. He coordinated land, sea and air assets so little, if any time was wasted for Mrs. Millers arrival. He decided that a brunch at the house would be in order. Outfitters were to arrive in the morning for Hans and Cat so Hawaiian casual dress would be universal. There would even be outfits for Mrs. Miller.

On the plane Sheila answered all she could of the questions Mrs. Miller asked. Basically, that Steve was the head of the corporation that hired her. She had not met Steve before but had been Secret Service assigned to Air Force One before. She mentioned that her trip was in anticipation of an upcoming Board meeting and from what she had been told, Steve would be attending several others on that trip. It was not clear who else would be attending but she had heard other agents had been considered for Chicago, Dallas, Washington, Seattle and New York, as well as some former SAS folks in London. In all some seventeen new security personnel had been identified to her, both male and female.

Although Tokyo and Hong Kong were on the list as meeting stops, no further information had been given about Asia.

Now Mrs. Miller was quite wealthy herself. No one would know it. Not even Cat was told much about her grandmother but 24/7 bodyguards did not come cheap and Cat had them all her life. When Mrs. Miller looked at the insides of the $40 Million plane she had no doubt that whatever interest Steve might have in Cat, it was not for money.

By the time she landed, was whisked away by helicopter to Maui and landed at what could only be described as some Fantasy Isle, she was saying to herself if Cat did not grab Steve up she would marry him herself, she was that impressed now. She knew it would not happen but when Sheila took her arm and they walked up, Steve had arranged a traditional Hawaiian greeting, flowers, leis, kisses and hugs around, and soon Mrs. Miller was weeping.

When she saw Cat, she almost collapsed. Her granddaughter ran to her, hugged and kissed her as a young, powerful man stood away and watched. She recognized him in an instant. It had been many years since she last had seen him, but what Mother would not recognize her own son, no matter how long they had been separated. Marge fainted dead away.

When she awoke, he was there by her, holding her hands.

"No one need know anything Mother, for it has been a long time. This heat, the travel, the excitement of seeing your granddaughter again was too much for you. We will have plenty of time to tell each other stories, but, in truth, we both seem healthy, wealthy and much wiser so no words are really needed about the past. The future is of much greater import, is it not?"

The child she had abandoned, given up for fear of loosing the man she had loved was once again in her life. It was his eyes, he had his fathers eyes. A man she could not resist yet she was to become the wife of another. He still wanted to marry her but would not accept another man's child. So she gave the baby up.

She had been forbidden to see him, to keep track of him or try to locate him. Her life was as rich and prosperous as she had imagined it would be. There was no love though and many other woman were to take her place with him in bed.

There were no children and when he died, it was her granddaughter, her sister in law's child that became the object of her attention. When she was alone, she tried to find the boy. A million dollars had been spent trying to find him, but it was of no use.

Now, here they were and she did not even know what to say. The look on his face, the glare in his eyes, had said it all. He no longer cared about the past. As far as he was concerned he grew up with only one person caring about him. His grand father. His future would continue along those lines, he neither needed nor wanted a mother now and in seeing him, she now would feel what he had always felt, loneliness.

Steve had never been one for revenge, but he would never forget those who tried to harm or hurt him. In many ways, that applied to Marge Miller. He could never let her back into his life. In some ways he might have felt the same way about Kiko now that Hans had come into her life. The fact that the love they shared was not physical nor romantic but one more like family spared them both any such anguish. That he liked Hans and more importantly, Hans trusted Steve and Kiko so it made acceptance of this easier.

Cat noticed something very unusual immediately. Her grandmother never challenged nor questioned anything Steve said or did. It was a complete deference to whatever he said or did. This was not like her grandmother. She also took his requests as an order from a commanding officer.

The comment that he made that she should move here to Maui was like a 'Fait Accompli'. She merely nodded her head. Steve was in-charge of someone who never before had listened to anyone. Cat too seemed to see in Steve a lot of those things she had been seeking. When she tried to discuss this with her grandmother, all she got was a smile from her. What had happened overnight she thought.

Something had indeed happened that night. Steve was one step away from fulfilling a prophecy. 'The one who was abandoned shall once again be whole.'

It was like magic. Not a word had been said. A message was sent for Mustapha to meet.

'One from the East shall lead all from Darkness into the Light.'

There would be many interpretations of those words, from the salvation of mankind to the 'End of the World'.

What was to happen at that meeting was unheard of. There was representation of some people, groups and organizations Steve had never heard of there. Why he went to the meeting, he could not say. It was like some kind of homecoming or something made him be there.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.