Do Unto Others and See What Happens
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by Sam

The next few months were insane. It seemed all the things we thought needed to be done were only the tip of the iceberg. As we started one a dozen others seemed to be discovered. What made it difficult was that we did not want to close the restaurant. There was an option we found; expand, then use the new space while the rest was updated.

Dom was right, that available space not only was great to expand but we were able to make a snack and lunch cafe there. Not everyone wanted 'fast food' so we catered to coffee, teas and pastry at most times and sandwiches, soups and salads at lunch and dinner. Our prices were $1 - $2 higher than the food court but everything was fresh, organic and more nutritious.

I did not want to say much to Joey but we ended up spending almost as much as the original place cost us. It was paid for though, all of it. When IRS tried to intimidate us, saying everything was going to be seized because they 'knew' it was money gained illegally, after all Dom and Joey were Italian. I guess they never thought Irish, English and other cultures were successful legally either; they should investigate those politicians maybe. The law firm of Bennett, Gold and Misa filed suit. They presented the 'threat' letter some stupid IRS agent had sent along with a copy of the winning Lotto ticket Joey's husband(me)had paid all the taxes on and asked for a jury trial. A $3.75 million settlement (Tax Free) paid for the expansion, the lawyers and provided Dom some funds for our Villa in Sicily as well as not publically smearing the 'wonderful' reputation people held the IRS up to.

Our request for information as to other 'Threat' letters, similar to the one we were sent was ordered by the Judge earl in the 'Discovery' phase and when IRS failed to comply not only was their case dismissed but another suit by us was filed. That was the one the almost pleaded to settle.

Dom finally was off to find us a Villa. One or two 'scumbags' were very insistent that we needed to buy 'special' insurance or services from them. Another would supply all our meat and paper products for only %50,000 per month more than we were paying. With one call to Dom in Sicily and a few calls back to the States these kind offers were 'politely' told that Mr. Giaconda and Mr. Gallo were 'quite' certain there was no need for any changes in service to our place. Perhaps if a 'visit' was required, this point would be 'enforced' to a more clearly understood position, which their successors might better, understand.

One firm did not seem to understand the message. They decided to stop our supply of fresh meat and vegetables. Red and Green delivery did not take kindly to this. On their second highjack attempt, they got more than expected. I do not know all the details other than what was on TV about the explosion and following fire that left 33 bodies in cinders. We felt for them and sent a RIP wreath to someone with the note, 'For the next time!' There was no 'next time though.'

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.