The Enemy of My Enemy Is 'My Friend'
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2013 by Zaine

Author's Note:

Our story turns a bit nasty now. It is not so much that there is sex, infidelity, and a change of allegiances, it is purely torture, revenge, and a dose of reality that occurs whenever one international organization is pitted against another. I don't mean a government or a political party, I mean an 'organization'. The Mafia, Masons, Vatican, Knights of Vestal, or Malta, whatever; are only small examples of them.

'The Order', is being challenged by 'The Group'. A 'No holds barred' approach will be taken by both sides and the idea of 'fair play' has gone by the wayside. It will be a fight involving many and Billions of dollars. As per usual, there will be casualties. No cats, dogs or defenceless animals were hurt in this new war; only people, and they don't count, do they?

Now, our story.

'Pax' in our time is the goal, unless it is good for 'business'.

My poisoning was of paramount importance to me. I had my suspicions and now that we were back in the US, decided to pursue one or two of them. I called my number one suspect, Ray Ford, and told him I was alive and well and needed a place to stay for a day or two while I had some 'personal' things to attend to. I would take the silence on the phone to mean only one thing. He knew that I knew that he had been involved.

"Why don't you stay here 'buddy'? I have to be gone a day or two myself so there is plenty of room. Laura will 'take good care' of you and will be sure to attend to your every need, just like in the old days, buddy."

"I really appreciate this 'buddy' I think for those 'old times sake' I can give you an assurance of 48 hours before I bring a solution to bear on one of my problems, Oh, yeah, some are not just 'personal' but business so 'the dogs' will not be called off, this time. You understand, don't you 'buddy' it's nothing personal, just business. 48 hours, maybe more if Laura thinks of some things to do."

I had a smile on my face. Laura was a 'fox', she was 5' 9 or 10", lean, almost too thin, blond, blue eyed and as kids, she was always willing to please. Her marriage to Ray became a 'trade off' for her. She would do as he said and in return, she had made rank almost day one since gradating from the USNA.

Her 'husband' never much questioned her frequent trips or night activities and the money and power of the CIA and it's connections had made her 'social' life one much in demand, as long as she obeyed him. He would readily use her if it got him something. In this case, a head start running. I don't think Laura was much more than his live-in whore. He often treated her worse than that.

When I rang the bell, Laura opened it, almost dressed, at least the top part was that of a transparent baby doll outfit, a very small and short one. Oh Bobby, I was just getting ready for bed. Ray had to leave suddenly. He told me to 'take care of you' and see to your needs for a few days. I haven't had a lot of time to get ready so would you mind sleeping in my bed for a few days?"

"Laura, Laura, Laura. You know what's going to happen don't you? This time you are going to have to take sides! Ray will have a head start, but once a sanction is authorized, the 'hounds from Hell' will be unleashed. I wanted you to have a chance to keep out of helping him 'anymore'."

"What did he do this time Bobby(I told you, we were old friends)?"

"He tried and failed to kill me and few of my friends. I assume you got a few things on one of your trips and gave it to him?"

She grimaced. "The Sea snake venom, right?'

"Yep honey, he really took the wrong side this time. I can tell a few folks you are helping me then we need to make sure you disappear. If you try to 'help' him anymore, the 'loose ends' like you will then get 'rolled up' along with Ray. I always liked you honey and I'm telling you the truth, not just trying to get in you pants."

"Bobby, I'm not wearing any pants, so maybe we can try some other places you can get into."

"Oh, Laura, you always know what a man has a weakness for, don't you?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.