Brittany and Chad, Book 2 - Cover

Brittany and Chad, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 21

[Britt] It's New Year's Day! We will have a traditional meal with black-eyed peas, cornbread, and collard greens. Though Dad bemoaned the changes in the bowl games, we would still watch many of them during the day. Chad and I were not bothered by Mel last night though I suspect that Eric was. Chad and I woke up, dressed, and went downstairs. On the way, I noticed that no one slept in Mel's bed last night. We purposefully didn't look in the guest room since the door was closed. We looked at each other and smiled as we headed into the kitchen.

We were the first up so started coffee and began our toast. We then got out the butter and all the kinds of jelly as well as three plates and six knives. Finally with everything ready, we stood looking out the window with our arms around each other. The night before had been joyous and there was no reason that today would be anything but more of the same happy times of fellowship.

Mom and Dad came down together hand in hand. Mom kissed us. "That was the best New Year's Eve party we have ever had with some of the happiest news and events." She looked at both of us sternly and said, "It's all your fault." She laughed and hugged Dad. The coffee finished and Dad fixed Mom's and mine before pouring Chad's and his. Chad got up and pulled our toast out and put two more in the toaster. We buttered and jellied ours. Mel and Eric came down just in time to get their toast as it came from the toaster.

Eric said, "Dy, how do you like your coffee?" She stood hip to hip with him as she told him. He fixed hers and handed it to her. She put the cup on the table and gave him a lingering kiss. She took the plate and put the toast on it and brought it between them. They took knives and began to butter their pieces like they had been operating that way for a long time.

I whispered to Chad, "Very much like Mitch and Dora!"

He grinned. "Then, they only have a month!"

Mom said, "Enough comparisons! Every couple is unique. They are doing just fine. However, you should muss your sheets, Mel, just for appearance sake."

Mel blushed deeply. "I, uh, we, uh, I, oh! Yes, ma'am!"

Eric said nothing just blushed deeply. He took a breath and said, "I have a meeting with Ben Anderson Monday morning."

Dad said, "That's great! However, I don't know if we're finished teasing you two yet. Don't think we're letting you two off so lightly. It's fun now that we have two targets. Lois and I will enjoy our times with you four."

Eric said, "Mister Arnold, if being teased is the price I must pay for such a lovely, wonderful, intelligent lady by my side, I can only say, 'Thank you, sir. May I have another.'"

He broke us all up with laughter.

Dad said, "Are you sure you didn't study law?"

"No, sir. I trained to be an engineer." He emphasized both "trained" and "engineer" in his statement and grinned. Both Mel and Mom groaned at that. Chad and I just laughed.

Dad grinned and said, "As long as you are tender to my daughter." He emphasized "tender."

Mom said, "Enough! Eat your breakfasts." Everyone laughed some more. We finished our breakfast and went to the living room to sit for a bit waiting for the Rose Parade to come on the television. Before we went out there, Mom checked the peas that were soaking. We would eat in the middle of the afternoon.

Chad and I were seated at our love seat while Mel and Eric took barely half of the couch leaving Mom with her portion and some extra. Dad was sitting back in his easy chair.

Mel looked at Mom and Dad. "I am formally requesting a waiver of the rules starting with last evening. We did sort of jump the gun."

Mom said, "It was right to celebrate last night. The rules no longer exist. Like Chad and Britt, we do request that you be reasonably discreet."

Mel faked a whine. "You mean that I can't jump him right here in front of you?"

With a laugh, Dad said, "That's exactly what we mean!" We all laughed some more.

I added innocently. "Mel, it's nice to see that you have headlights, too."

Eric said, "Headlights?"

Mel grinned. She pointed at her nipples pointing her tee shirt. "Britt, yours do, too."

Chad said, "It helps me know which way she is going!" I gave him the elbow while everyone laughed.

We sat for a few more minutes until Mom took the remote and turned the television on and switched to a channel showing the parade. After a few commercials, we settled in to watch the parade. I had never watched it before and was entranced at the beauty of the floats and the descriptions of the flowers used to make each one.

During a commercial break, Mom put on the peas with my help. She said, "Britt, do you know that the foods we will have for our dinner today have meaning?"

"No, ma'am."

"The black-eyed peas represent fortune. The collard greens represent money and the pork that I use to flavor them represents progress."

"What about the cornbread?"

She laughed. "It just tastes good!" We laughed together. Mom said, "More seriously, do you mind waiting before your engagement is formally announced?"

I said, "I'm anxious. Sometimes, it feels like time is just barely moving though, at other times, it seems to be flying. I just know I want to be married to Chad. In our hearts, we're married but I want everyone to know that my beautiful man is mine and I am his."

Chad walked in and heard me. "Always, ladylove."

I shivered and could feel dampness between my legs. I hope his words always continue to do that! Mom was looking at me when I reacted. Her face had a look of wonder. She said, "Do you always react that way to him?"

"When he says that, I do. Yes, pretty much every time."

Chad had moved up behind me and put his arms around me pulling me tightly to him and nuzzling my neck. Mom grinned. "That got a reaction. Your headlights are showing."

I purred. "There's something else pointing in here, too."

Mom said, "That's too much information! Chad, go back into the living room. My helper isn't helping any more."

We whined together, "Aww, Mom!" He gave me a gentle pull to him and a light kiss on my neck, released me, got a glass of water, and went back to the living room.

Mom and I finished this round of preparations and went back to more floats.

When the parade ended, Mom tossed the remote to Dad saying, "Let the games begin!"

Dad grinned and changed the channel. We guys listened to football while our respective ladies vegetated. Mel was the only one who was even a little interested in football. I know I didn't care but enjoyed snuggling against my beautiful man who gave me at least half his attention. Mel wasn't as interested as she might be because her attention was on Eric. They each had half an eye on football and the other eye and a half on each other!

They were taking turns whispering to each other. I had the feeling that they were trying to tell each other everything about themselves, what they wanted, and what they desired. They seemed to like what each heard and the one talking looked anxious that the other would like what they heard. Those looks suggested to me that they were really baring their souls to each other.

I looked over to see Dad smiling gently at Mom. Their hands were touching each other rubbing fingers just expressing love. It gave me a warm feeling to be in the middle of it all Chad had his arm around me stroking my side while I had a hand on his thigh trying to create a warm spot there.

I made it a point to get up when Mom did to help her and learn. My cooking skills were much less than I wanted them to be. I mentioned that to Chad and he said that he didn't love me for my cooking skills! I decided that one of my projects for this year was to learn to cook. When we married, I didn't want my future husband to starve!

I told Mom my plan and she agreed to help me by explaining not only what she was doing but also why she was doing it. Mom was a good teacher. Somehow, that wasn't surprising.

Our dinner was done and we all trooped into the dining room to eat. Dad prayed and we ate. It was enjoyable with six people who all cared for each other gathered around the table. I so liked to be part of a family!

After dinner, the men headed back for more football while Mom, Mel, and I put things away and filled the dishwasher. With three, it was finished quickly. I went into the living room and straddled Chad. "I want to go to our place this afternoon."

He said, "Okay, we'll have to dress. It's pretty cool and will be even cooler on the shore if there is any wind." We trooped upstairs to change. I made Chad go commando and I did, too. I didn't know if we would do anything but wanted the thought to be in mind! I love the feel of his body against mine particularly if no clothes were in the way.

We got in his car sitting close as always and rode out to our place. He kept a couple of blankets in the trunk and got them out. One went on the ground and the other went over us as we sat huddled together with out arms around each other.

I said, "Chad, I want to talk to Dad and Uncle Mitch about starting a house. I want to move in as soon as we are married. I don't want to go off for our honeymoon but be right here with you in our new home and spend most of the time naked making love. It is my ideal.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.