Brittany and Chad, Book 2 - Cover

Brittany and Chad, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 17

In the morning, I eased my way out from between the two females. Mel was topless though I knew that because she had rubbed against me in the night. By the same manner, I knew that she was wearing the requisite panties. I got downstairs and Dad said, "Good morning. Having Mel sneak into your bed must be inhibiting?" He grinned.

"It would have been worse about ten minutes earlier." I chuckled.

I continued, "It will work out. She is trying to change from what she was expecting to what is happening. It's a bit much for her to process sometimes. She and I slept together a lot until she reached puberty. I think having Britt there makes it non-threatening, which is correct."

I heard the girls come downstairs and rose to prepare Britt's coffee. As I handed Britt her coffee, I said, "Sis, show me how you like it and yours can be ready also." She showed me with much more creamer and some sugar. She took it but headed upstairs saying, "I must dress to take Dad."

I said, "Dad, I don't want to worry Mel, but I saw a car at the other end of the block when I came home last night. Be watchful."

"You, too. If we get followed, we will have a police escort really quickly on our way to the station. Tell Lois that's what to do. We aren't trying to catch anyone just trying not to be caught."

"I understand. We'll see you this evening."

Dad and Mel left and I went to the front window and watched. No car was following them. Britt and I went upstairs to shower and dress for school.

We went out and got in my car. I pulled out of our drive. Looking in the rearview mirror, I saw that I was being followed by a tan or cream color car. "Britt, act like you're looking for something on the backseat. We're being followed. It's tan or cream and stays back."

She did and came back up with a small nothing that she dropped on the front seat floor. She said, "Right. I see it. Should I call 9-1-1?"

"Let's wait a moment. I have an idea. It may flush whoever it is but it will verify that we are being followed." I turned my right turn signal and slowed. At the next block, I turned right. I did it again. We were followed. I went two blocks and then finished the turns to put us back on the original road. "Call, now. We're going west on Oak Street and being followed. Use Dad's name and Mitch's.

"I am Brittany Stevens, Charles Arnold's ward. I'm in the car with his son. We're being followed. We're going west on Oak Street just passing Fifth Avenue. We will turn right on Main to head for the station." She listened. "Yes, ma'am. It's a light tan or cream color car, small. It won't get close so I can't tell if there is one or two in it." Pause. "We're two blocks from Main and will turn right to head for the station." Pause. "When we see Chief Abrams's car, turn hard right and stop."

"Britt, when I turn, lay down to your right. I will lay over you to get our heads and bodies out of the way."

I went a little further and saw Mitch's car. I screamed a right turn and we lay over. The rear view mirror was shot away along with the back window shattering! I looked up slowly to see police officers approaching without guns. I said, "Britt, are you okay?"

"Yes, Chad. Were we shot at?"

"Yes, the rear window and review mirror are a mess. We sat up hearing a number of shots. I put the car in park and got out helping Britt while keeping my hands in sight. A young officer came up. "Are you Chad Arnold?"

"Yes, sir. We were shot at by an occupant of the car."

"That's what we reported. The radio says he's down."

Britt said, "I want to talk to Uncle Mitch."

"Okay, ladylove. Officer, that's Chief Abrams. I think she's the only one who can call him that without risking serious physical harm."

He grinned. He did a little double take. "You're the one who took a bullet for his father. You must be his fiancée who refused to leave him at the hospital. I was driving one of the cars when you came home. Your father is a great guy. Thanks."

"You're welcome but I didn't do anything heroic. I just got shot."

He laughed. "Ma'am, your 'Uncle Mitch' is this way."

We walked with him over to Mitch's car. I could see a fiendish grin on Britt's face. I knew Mitch was in for something just not what.

He was about fifteen feet away and had just finished talking to a couple of his men. Britt shouted out, "Uncle Mitch" and ran to his arms. She hugged his neck and kissed him soundly. Mitch did what any red-blooded male would do. He hugged her and kissed her back. Then, he realized what she had said and blushed knowing that every officer in the area had heard her. She grinned at him and said, "I could make it worse."

"Don't. It's bad enough. Also, the situation isn't any better. I need to talk to you and Chad seriously."

Britt gave him a quick kiss on his cheek and let him go. There is something about getting a hug and kiss from a lovely lady when she's your height for all practical purposes. It's even better when it's Britt or Dora. You just have to catch your breath when you're released. I shook hands with Mitch.

He said, "It's over. It was Dan. He came out shooting and my men returned fire. He left us no choice."

"I understand. He put one in the car that shattered the rear window and took out my rearview mirror. We had ducked down.

"I wonder what personal demons were plaguing him.

"We'll never know now."

I grinned. "Uncle Mitch, do you want your pistol back? I don't expect I will need it now."

He said, "I guess I'll hear about the 'uncle' thing for a while." He chuckled. "Keep the pistol in your lock box after you get the car back from the shop. We will have to get a few photos before you move it. You will be late for school if you go at all. Call Charles. He will probably want you to tell Mel. You will not tell Dora that I was involved. She doesn't need to know that even though I wasn't in danger."

"Of course, Uncle Mitch. We can take care of it all." Two sergeants came up to Mitch along with a plainclothes detective. The detective said, "We have finished everything here but taking pictures of your nephew's car, Uncle Mitch."

"Don't razz me, Joe, or I'll sic her on you."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.