Brittany and Chad, Book 2 - Cover

Brittany and Chad, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 12

We were all stunned. Britt and Mom held on to Mel as she sobbed. After a while, Mom said, "Chad, take my place. Charles, we have guests coming and must get our preparations done. This is a sad event and I do not expect anyone, particularly Mel, to be cheerful.

"Mel, I know it hurts. It hurts badly. Let Britt take you upstairs and clean up. I really could use your help and being busy will be best for you right now."

Mel nodded. "Chaddie, stay here and greet people. Britt, little sister, please come help me get cleaned up so we can help Mom."

Mel and Britt went upstairs. I thought about how sad this morning had turned out. I gave a little prayer that the rest of the day would be good and that my sister would be at peace with her decision.

They were gone a while. When they came down, both of them looked freshly scrubbed.

When they saw me, their eyes lit up a bit. I took them both in a three-way hug. Britt and I both said, "I love you," at the same time and kissed a cheek. Mel teared up for a moment and used my handkerchief to dab her eyes. She said, "You two help me please. This will be a difficult day and weekend.

"I know this. Would you drive me back to school Saturday and stay overnight. I can't guarantee that you will be able to sleep together but I will try. I don't want to fly back alone."

Britt and I said, "Of course."

Mel smiled a little and said in a quiet voice, "Do you two always speak together?"

Britt looked at me. I said, "Only when it's important. You are important to us."

Mel said, "I have one other thing to say to you before I spring it on Mom and Dad.

"I will finish this semester but will not return. I have been so alone. I need to be with my family! I didn't realize it quite as much until today's events. I will need some healing time and need to be surrounded by all of you for a while."

Britt said, "We support you. We're only a call away. We will come out to help you pack to come back at the end of your semester, too. Mel, we're sorry. It looked so good at first."

"It did to me, too, at first. Once Dan was up at college, I began to question things. This morning simply brought things to a head before I embarrassed myself worse than I have."

She gave a very small smile. "At least I didn't lose any more virginities."

Britt said, "It will be a good day. We will be surrounded by people who love us and we can celebrate Dora's pregnancy. Let's give thanks for good things and for preventing bad things. Some aren't fun but we can learn. Besides, wait until you meet Tobias!"

Mel said, "You mean Toby?

I said, "Yes and no. Tobias inhabits Toby's body but a wondrous work has been wrought in his life."

Mitch and Dora arrived early. All of us arrived at the door to greet them. Smells from the kitchen had begun to invade the house. Dora was just starting to show and looked radiant. She admitted that her pregnancy had been easy. She said, "Doc Martin says I am built for having children. That's good because Mitch and I are going to try for a Chad after Brittany arrives and grows."

Dad shook Mitch's hand. "Daughters are interesting. I know. I have two."

Mel and Britt looked at each other and then whined, "Dad," together making everyone laugh.

Mom had whispered to Dora. Dora came to Mel and gave her a hug. "Would you talk with me?"

"Of course. Is stair climbing an issue?"

"Not yet,"

Mel said, "I need to change. We can talk up there."

Mom and Britt went back to the kitchen. Those two went upstairs. Mitch, Dad, and I sat in the living room. Mitch said, "I expected Mel's young man to be here."

Dad said, "That didn't work out. He found out about our involvement in the scholarship program and jumped to all the wrong conclusions. What's worse, he hadn't talked to Mel at all. Lois said that that was the last of a number of straws for Mel. He made some very serious accusations.

"As a result, he got the full story but Mel had already ordered him out of the house and out of her life. He left earlier to drive back alone. We haven't talked about getting Mel back yet."

"Dad, Mel asked Britt and me to drive her back on Saturday, stay overnight, and return Sunday. She hasn't been going to church while there. We're going to take her to church before we leave. Going off to college hasn't been real good for her."

Mel and Dora came down the stairs noisily. We all stood when they came in giggling together. All three of us smiled to see the two beauties as they came into the room smiling together with their arms about each other's waists. Dora smiled at Mitch and then the rest of us. "Sit back down, guys. We're headed for the kitchen."

We sat down. Dad and I looked at each other and then shrugged. That happy, laughing Mel was the one we knew. I decided that Dora had magical abilities. Britt would tell me all I should know later. A few minutes later, Mom and Britt came out. We stood again. Mom said, "We're going to dress. Chad, Britt has clothes for you. Go up now since you're standing. Charles, I want you to change, too. Mitch will greet anyone else who comes."

We headed up. Mom and Britt had been shopping again. I had noticed that Mel had a new outfit earlier. Britt had a new dress in a pale blue. Mine were dark blue pants and a matching shirt in light blue. I took me only seconds to change normally. However, I had to watch Britt as she exposed her body to me. I never tired of looking at my beautiful lady. She was in her underclothes those hid little. She shimmied into her dress and licked her lips. Now, I would have to pull my pants on over my erection. She laughed softly, "Having a problem, beautiful man?"

I smiled at her and said, "Yes, and it is all your fault as usual."

She smiled back. "We'll do something joyous about that this evening."

I grinned as I finished putting my clothes on. She handed me her necklace and lifted her hair out of the way. I put in on her and fastened the clasp kissing the back of neck. She shivered and leaned over a bit more so I licked her ear. That made her shiver and rub her backside against me making me harder. We laughed lightly and she turned and we worked at making our toes curl by kissing passionately. It worked for me! Britt said that it worked for her, too!

We met Mom and Dad coming out of their bedroom with their faces still flushed. Britt teased, "We know what you two were doing."

Mom laughed throatily. "We have a license."

Britt laughed happily. "We have a waiver implicitly granting permission!"

. The four of us all laughed. I heard Britt whisper to Mom. "I want to find out what Dora said. She helped Mel greatly. That was magical."

Mom said, "I agree. We won't corner her but I would like to know, too."

Louder, Mom said, "Back to the ovens and slaving in the kitchen! Let's go!"

We clambered down the stairs. Dad and I stopped with Mitch while the ladies continued into the kitchen. We sat down. I said, "How is living with a pregnant woman?"

He answered, "Actually, it's good. Dora is not by nature a moody lady and she has enjoyed being pregnant thus far. It is nice to spend time with her. Marriage has only made it better."

I said, "She's a very cool lady and Britt thinks the world of her, too." There was a knock on the door and I went to answer it. It was the Andersons and the Martins. I saw that Mister and Missus Anderson were holding hands and standing right behind Tobias and Jan who were holding hands with Missus Martin beside them. "Come in! Come in! We're glad you're here!"

As they came in, Tobias took my right hand in his left and gave it a squeeze while Jan gave me a hug. Everyone came in to hugs and shaken hands from Dad and Mitch. The ladies came in from the kitchen to add to the festive air. Britt came to me and said, "Let's go get Missus Thornton."

I nodded and we hurried out and across the drive to knock on her door. We heard her shout out, "Come in!" We came in the door and both hugged her kissing her cheek. She looked us over and said, "I approve. You two look marvelous. Thank you for inviting me over.

"My son lives too far for either of us to make the trip. I appreciate you bringing me into your family.

"What happened to Mel's young man? I saw him leave earlier."

Britt said, "They broke up. It was bad because his pride led him to some bad and erroneous conclusions. He had not been talking to Mel about his thinking or plans. It was tough to realize but it wasn't going to work despite a promising start.

"The situation couldn't be retrieved and he left. I don't think we will see him again.

"She is tender but will get through this. She has all of us who love her. Chad and I leave Saturday morning to drive her back. We'll come back Sunday after church there.

"Now, let's get you to the house and celebrate a good old-fashioned holiday."

I was in the middle with a lady on each arm as we walked across the bit of lawn to our drive. When we came in, Missus Thornton's presence was celebrated by everyone. We wouldn't eat until the middle of the afternoon but Mom had put on small snack items everywhere.

While we were gone, Mel had met Tobias and Jan along with their parents. We went into the rec room away from the grownups. Mel said, "I'm still trying to adjust to Tobias. Britt said that a 'wondrous work had been wrought.' I believe that. Toby, Tobias, rather, I've never seen you look so relaxed and at ease with people."

Jan grinned fiendishly and patted the top of his thigh. "Some of him isn't relaxed!" We all laughed even Tobias.

He said, "I am comfortable with life. Jan helps me to be around people more comfortably and to think more before I speak."

Britt said, "Mel, the fun part is that you can't even see the collar and leash!" That set off another bout of laughing.

Tobias smiled broader and said, "I remember kidding Chad about what he did and said for Britt. He said, 'If that's the price to have this beautiful creature by my side, I will gladly pay it and more.' It works for me, too."

We laughed some more. I was on a sofa with Britt on one side and Mel on the other. I had an arm around each one. We were each one comfortable with the others. I could feel that Mel's body had relaxed and that was good. I gave her shoulder a squeeze and Britt looked over at her and smiled at her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.