Brittany and Chad, Book 2 - Cover

Brittany and Chad, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 5

We went down for breakfast and started coffee. Mom and Dad were sleeping late a lot! I put in bread for our toast. When the coffee was finished, I poured our cups, placed the toast on a plate, and brought it to the table. We had added a leaf yesterday and could seat six comfortably. Britt and I drank our coffee and ate our toast n a companionable silence touching hands more often than needed. I heard the shower upstairs turn off. Shortly thereafter, Mel came down to join us. She said, "Is that the new morning suit?"

Britt said, "Yes, and Mom usually wears the same thing as you know."

"What about when Dan arrives?"

Britt grinned. "I hope he likes nipples."

"I think he does." Mel realized what she said and blushed furiously.

"Then why, oh sister, are you wearing a bra?"

"I'm not ready for him to see that much of me yet." We all laughed quietly.

A few minutes later, Mom and Dad came down with Mom in a tee shirt and gym shorts. She and Dad grabbed their coffee and headed back upstairs to get dressed. Britt said, "Don't overfeed him, we will be having a pretty big lunch." She smirked. "I don't think he's coming for the food anyway."

We went upstairs, showered, and completed dressing. Britt wore dark blue slacks with the golden blouse and her necklace. As usual, I put it on her. She had laid out a matching outfit for me with matching blue slacks and a three-button pullover in similar color to hers. We went down together. Mel saw us and said, "Wow! You two look great and go together."

I said, "Thank you, sis. She dresses me. I just do what she says."

Mel laughed and said, "I thought you were dressing a bit better than you used to."

Britt said, "He needed a keeper."

I grinned. "My knuckles only drag the ground occasionally when I walk now."

Dad was sitting listening. He said, "She has been a good influence on you."

Mom added, "And you needed it!"

I faked a moan. "Here I am. I'm the wounded hero getting harassed without any pity!"

Dad said, "Yes, I can tell you are suffering. I noticed that in the hospital, too."

We all laughed. The doorbell rang and it was Dan. He was dressed neatly. Mel dived on him to hug his neck and kiss his lips. His eyes widened to see the four of us watching his attended entrance.

Dad said, "We were going into the kitchen for another cup of coffee. Join us."

We trooped in with Mel pulling him along though I noticed he was not fighting her even a little. Someone had made a fresh pot. Dan added a half spoon of sugar. Mel and Mom used the creamer noticeably and about the same amount of sugar. Britt just touched hers with creamer while Dad and I drank ours neat.

Mom said, "Are you Baptist, Dan?"

"Uh, no, ma'am. I'm Presbyterian but have tried Methodist and Episcopal this summer. I would say I'm more protestant than really favoring any particular denomination."

Britt said innocently, "He thought we were Methodist or Episcopal. That's why he was trying those denominations."

Dan blushed heavily. Mel said, "Britt, that's not fair. We all knew that. It's just nice that he doesn't have to hunt any more."

Dan said, "I found the object of my search. Now, it's a matter of capturing that object."

I said, "I think you're doing pretty well at that, now."

Dad said, "Okay, that's enough teasing for the moment. I can't take six in my car."

I said, "Dad, Missus Thornton wants to come, too. I thought I would drive her and Britt. I think she might enjoy your class. We could all meet to go to the sanctuary together and ride home later."

Mom said, "That would be good. She will stay for lunch. We need help to eat some of the food left here. Mitch and Dora are coming also."

Dad said, "Get Missus Thornton and we'll go."

Britt and I went across and knocked on Missus Thornton's door. She was ready and we went to my car. I held the door for her and then went around for Britt to slide under the wheel and me to get in to drive. I cranked the motor and backed out of the driveway. It felt good to be driving with Brit by my side.

I followed Dad to the church and we parked close together. I went around and handed Missus Thornton out followed by Britt. Dan caught on quickly and handed Mel out while Dad did the same for Mom. We made quite a processions going in. We dropped Missus Thornton off with Mom and Dad and went to our class while Mel and Dan went to her class. She had his hand in hers. I guess there was nothing wrong with that. I had Britt's hand.

Mister Raines was glad to have everyone back and taught his usual fine lesson. We were asked as we left if we were going to the lake for the afternoon. Britt said that I shouldn't get the bandage wet but maybe next week. We had one of our nurses with us.

Toby said, "You mean with Melody, don't you?"

Britt said, "She is part of us."

Everyone nodded. We met the rest of the folks coming out of Dad's class. Missus Thornton said, "That's a different view on that verse than I've heard before. Your class was very interesting, Charles. Thank you."

She saw us and said, "Ah! My favorite young couple!" She gave us each a hug.

Mitch and Dora were there with Dora still looking radiant and proudly wearing the blue sapphire engagement ring next to her wedding band. She came over to hug and kiss each of us. I love Britt but had no trouble in understanding why Mitch married her. She is sweet, lovely, and intelligent. She said, "Britt, are you taking proper care of him? You need to remind him to take it easy."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.