Living History - Cover

Living History

Copyright© 2013 by Alistev Alder

Chapter 3

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 3 - A man and wife take off for a summer vacation as part of a living history experiment.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/ft   Time Travel   Polygamy/Polyamory   Violence  

Early the next morning I noticed the generator was still running so decided it was time for me to find out why. Stumbling into the kitchen area I started a pot of coffee then into the office to check the phone line. "That's strange" I mumble as I see workstation monitor powered on and the local mail/instant message service open. Karen had talked me into letting her set up the service after finding out about the tablets. Looking closer I could see a new message from Martin.

Alan,

Welcome to creating history. The experiment you and your companions are a part of is not quite what you thought. You have been sent into an alternate timeline roughly equivalent to the early Mesolithic era. The intention of this experiment is to bring in a small group of people with what we believe to be the highest level of sustainable technology we could to see what would happen. We admit to cheating a bit by allowing electricity, running water and proper sanitation and suggest you hide those items from any locals you come across. The local inhabitants are still primarily hunter gatherers but the concept of agriculture is starting to take root. The thrown spear and the sling are the height of their weapons technology. We have placed you in an area that should give you the optimal balance of grasslands to woodland as well as plenty of game. You will also find a wealth of mineral deposits that you probably would not expect to find in proximity to one another but we are trying to see if a jump of many thousand years' technology is even possible and what the repercussions would be. As you had only planned for 4 months in your shopping we have expanded and added to your resources that with proper conservation should last you 12 months. You will also find a new building behind the smithy containing horse drawn farming equipment that is comparable to anything you could find from specialty makers in the 21st century. Seed stocks that should last for 5 years capable of feeding 50 people and your stock with vegetables and grains are also available. Your vehicles and trailers are also housed here but I caution you that other than the generator any fossil fuels that you have brought are all you have. We would really prefer that you don't look for alternatives once they run out. Each of you has had several medical procedures performed. The procedures were to make you immune to disease and infection, boost your natural healing rate and have had fluency in any local dialects 'uploaded' so to speak to your language centers. You all will probably find you are a little stronger and faster than before but it was expected to be less than a 30% improvement. You can find more information on your supply status, medical procedures as well as maps of the surrounding 500 miles in the new documents available on the project server. Our last little bit of 'meta-gaming' this experiment is that your tablets GPS function will work with the provided maps as well as the 'wireless' is now actually satellite based so you will always have a means of communication between you.

Good luck!

Martin Higginbotham

I forwarded a copy to everyone then exiting the office to find Betty setting out a light breakfast of coffee and rolls. "Betty have Carl and Kate come out here please, and bring your tablets." I asked her as I grabbed a coffee for Meg and heading to our apartment to wake her. Finding Meg dressing I hand her the coffee and grabbed our tablets. "I'm calling an emergency team meeting, you are not going to believe the message we got from Martin." I told her as we headed to the table closest to the kitchen. Seeing everyone there with their tablets I asked for their attention. "I have forwarded you all the email that I found on the workstation in the office this morning. While this could be an elaborate hoax or something my gut tells me it's true so it looks like the joke is on us." Giving them all time to read the missive. "Assuming this is true my first suggestion is everyone gets their personal weapons and consider putting on armor if you have something that you can function in reasonably. After that we need to take a look around outside the hedge surrounding the site." Pandemonium ensued as everyone tried to talk over everyone else. "One at a time please!" I shouted to get quiet the chatter. "Meghan, you first please."

"We have to treat this seriously. I am going to inventory our medical supplies and set up one of the main floor store rooms into an infirmary so we are ready if someone is hurt. Next?" she responded.

Betty took the floor next. "I am going to inventory our food stuffs and figure out what our weak points are and figure out the best way to keep us fed. Carl?"

Carl took a drink of his coffee giving himself a chance to collect his thoughts. "I'm guessing the first thing for me would be to go over the agriculture equipment and seed. From the looks of the date displayed on my tablet it is early spring here so we need to get the garden plots inside the hedge ready then figure out a plan for our grains. I've been helping my dad 'organically' growing acres of vegetables for years. When it stated it was because it was cheaper to use manure than chemicals, now he gets a premium for his crop. So unless you have another idea I figured I'd take the lead on the farming."

Nodding then Looking to Kate "Kate, I would like you to go through the new files relating to this area and flag them according to interest. Megan should be flagged with any plants that have medical uses. Your mom and dad both I'd say with edibles. I'm looking for mineral deposits and local fauna for hunting. I'm going to take a ride and scout the general area. I know what it looks like on the map but I want to get a feel for the area as much as anything."

"Oh hell no!" Kate exclaimed. "I don't mind doing the file searches but those can be done after dark. I'm going with you if I have to ride one of the mules. I'll wear my armor and weapons but no one should be outside the hedge alone."

Looking at Meg in askance she nodded and replied "I think we can do better than a mule for you to ride. Keep an eye on him for me will you?"

Seeing Kate nod I announced. "OK Kate if you're going with me get your kit and meet me back here in say twenty minutes." Standing I motion Meg to our apartment. "What was that about with Kate?" I ask as I dig out my light armor, a jack of plates over a tunic and leather pants along with bracers and boots

"A Couple of things" She replied with a grin. "First she was right. No one should be outside the hedge alone. Having seen her practice with one of the horse bows I brought makes me think she has the ability to help out if it comes to a fight. The other is that she has just publicly announced her interest in you as a potential mate and I let her know I wasn't against the idea"

Nearly dropping my sword belt I looked at her in shock "What the hell are you talking about? Why would she be interested in me? I'm already happily married if you had forgotten, ten years her senior to boot." I ask, tucking an axe into my belt and pick up my horse bow and quiver.

"Well assuming we are in some alternate, prehistoric timeline who else would she look to for a mate? Her mother already suspected she was attracted to you. For myself I've never hidden the fact that I'm bi, it's just that we have always been monogamous. Just relax and let her work out her feelings and how she wants to deal with them." She replied

Shaking my head I reply "OK, I think you are nuts but will take your word for it. I'm guessing you have had her on Shadow?" Trying to move the conversation to what I thought would be a safer topic.

"Yep, Blackie is coming in so you need to decide if you want her bred this cycle. Midnight has always been my baby anyway. Kate is probably the best rider here so don't worry about her being able to keep up. Here take this pouch and keep your tablet with you I put it in the armored case to help protect it." She replied allowing me to change the subject.

After double checking my weapons and adding a knife to my right boot I grab a boar spear and head back into the common room. Seeing Kate wearing a set of lamellar armor with an axe and a large knife at her belt as well as holding the bow and quiver Meg had given her. "Looks like your all set, let's go saddle up the horses and get going." I told her, seeing a shy smile that I hadn't noticed from her before. On the way to the stables I commented "You seem comfortable in your armor, how long have you been training?"

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.