His Infernal Majesty's Service - Cover

His Infernal Majesty's Service

Copyright© 2013 by Lee Xavier

Chapter 26

"Guilty as charged."

My escort flicked his wrist towards me.

My arms were crushed to my sides as wide thick bands of energy pulled me into their suffocating embrace. My breath whooshed out of me. I flexed my will and muscles against the bands pushing my chest out as I sucked a breath.

My escort twitched a finger and the bands eased a hair.

The judge droned on. "Due to extenuating circumstances the prisoner 07b1 will receive disciplinary action and probation until graduation, instead of expulsion from the service." The judge glanced at my escort. "If the prisoner re-offends, the prisoner's contract is to be terminated with all malice. There will be no requirement to appear before this court in such an event. The disciplinary action is to be executed immediately. Return the prisoner to its duty station. It is so ordered."

My escort snapped to attention and saluted. "Yes Sir." He then turned his head to me and the world went black.


Something was shaking me.

"John, wake up."

"Go away."

The shaking increased. I tried to turn over.

"Sweetie."

Somethings not right.

The mattress shifted.

"PLEASE ... WAKE UP."

I cracked my eyes open. Mom was hovering over me, crying. A tear fell from her cheek and splashed my face.

"MOM, what's wrong?"

Yo ... you ... your father."

I jerked up. "What about Dad?"

She wrapped her arms around my neck and sobbed.

I hugged her to me. "Mom?". My heart pounded. Please no. Please.

"Mom?" My voice cracked.

She wailed. "He's ... he's Dead!"

I buried my head in her shoulder. Oh God.

I pulled my head away. "What happened?"

"He went to the store to get some bread for dinner. On his way home, he was car jacked." She steeled herself. "They shot him in the head. They took his truck and left him laying in the street."

TreFual, in uniform, stood by my bedroom door. "Now do you understand? We are serious. If you want to keep your mother alive, you need to get with the program."

I nodded and turned my attention to Mom.


I sat in my bedroom a half drunk glass of scotch in my hand and stared at the floor. My mom and I had cried until there were not any tears left. She had fallen asleep in my arms. I tried to carry her to her bed, but she started to panic so I let her sleep. Tears ran down my face as I watched her. I'd killed him and I couldn't even tell her I was sorry or they would kill her too.

I went into my parents room and opened their closet door. I reached in and pulled down the .357. Its silver frame reflected the bedroom lights. The Oak grips were polished to perfection. It would be so easy. I wouldn't have to look into her face, the face that loved me, knowing that I had hurt her.

The peace, the darkness, called me. I shook my head. I couldn't do that to her. I had done enough. I wish my body was as immortal as my soul. I'd give the gun to TreFual and let him use it on me again and again. At least, he'd be pleased. Mirth welled up inside me. A happy demon. What an oxymoron. None of them were ever happy. They didn't know a mother's kiss or a sweet smelling flower on a summer morning. They were angry and bitter consumed by hatred. They made their choice like I had made mine. John the demon, who would have thought?

I cocked the .357 and put it to my head and imagined the freedom I would have if I just tightened my finger. An expectation of peace filled me. A longing, a desire stronger than lust filled me. To know a moment of peace, to make what I'd done go away.

I tightened my finger a bit and felt the trigger start to move. All I have to do...

I threw the gun on the bed and fell to my knees hugging myself and sobbed. DADDY!

I don't know how long I stayed there. I finally, took a ragged breath and stood. I picked the .357 up and safed it. I pulled my cellphone out and dialed.

"Marty?"

"Yeah, man. What's up?"

"My dad's dead."

"WHAT!"

"Could you come over, please."

"I'm there man. Give me about ten minutes."

I hung up, picked up the gun and went down stairs. I sat the gun on the kitchen table and got a drink of water. A few minutes later, Marty walked in the house with Karen in tow. From my chair, I pointed at .357. "Get that out of my house."

He glanced at the .357 and then looked at me. "What? What's going on man?" He stepped in front of Karen.

"Get. It. Out. Of. My. House."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.