His Infernal Majesty's Service
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2013 by Lee Xavier

When I arrived in the dining room, Mom was just sitting down.

"You need to hurry. Marty will be here soon."

That would be Marty Jenks. He's my best friend. We've been friends since we were little kids. Our mom's met while grocery shopping and the rest as they say is history.

I had just put some food in my mouth when Mom asked "How was your weekend?" She does that just to bust my chops.

I swallowed and said "Not bad, Did some studying and goofing off. How was yours?"

"I was happy that you cleaned your room. The twenty I won from your Dad is taking Eleanor and I to lunch today."

"You really bet Dad twenty bucks?"

"Easiest money I ever made when I wasn't on my back."

I raised my eyebrow at that. She just stuck her tongue out at me and then continued speaking.

"I tried to go for fifty. But, he only had the twenty in his pocket." She grinned.

"How did you know that I was really cleaning my room?"

"Simple, you're very willing to hide things. But, you hardly ever lie. So I knew that as unlikely as it was you were 'GASP'," She clutched her chest dramatically, "going to clean your room."

"Aww Ma'am, it was nothing. For my next heroic deed I am going to put this toast in my mouth."

Mom threw her head back with the back of hand across her forehead, "Oh, the manliness of it. I may swoon!"

We cracked up. When we got our breath back Mom said "Before I get all caught up in your manliness," She giggled, "You need to come home right after school. I need your help with something."

"Okay, What do you got?"

"You'll see, Just make sure you come straight home, no detours to Randi's hou...", She stopped speaking in mid sentence. I felt myself blushing furiously and my voice cracked as I spoke.

"That's not even remotely funny. How would you feel if Dad hated you?" I felt a tear starting to roll down my cheek.

Mom rushed around the table and grabbed me up in a hug "I'm sooo so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." She pulled my head to my her breast as I began crying.

"I most humbly and sincerely apologize." She began rocking me gently " I wasn't thinking. I know its hard caring about someone who doesn't care about you and I shouldn't have teased you."

"What did I do wrong? We were friends and then one day she tells me she hates me and walks away."

I could feel mom's hand gently stroking my hair as she held me, " I don't know kiddo, it probably wasn't anything you did. Young girls are known for sudden emotional changes. That's why life can really suck because no one stays the same and sometimes change drives people apart."

She quit talking and began humming as she rocked me. I slowly settled into her arms, listening to her haunting melody. I've heard that melody my entire life. Its a beacon that leads me out of the storm and into peace. It seems that I've always known it and it never fails to bring me home.

I looked up at her and kissed her on the cheek. "Thank you."

She gave me an extra squeeze just as we heard someone knocking on the door "Oh shit, that's Marty. Go get yourself cleaned up while I let him in."

I kissed her cheek again and headed off down the hall. As I stepped into the bathroom I could hear Marty's voice "Is John ready yet?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.