Imagine - Cover

Imagine

Copyright© 2013 by Salladin

Chapter 2

If only, that was my only thought, my only wish. Everything I had or would have I would trade, 'if only' I thought.

I guess by now you all know that Gina and Sam both pulled through. It was not easy, nor very pretty and I could not have made it without some new friends, most of all my boss and the Docs.

Working in a hospital has some real benefits. It took a little longer for Sam but they both were able to walk again. That 'If only' came to play later when we lost our 'almost' son. Devastated did not begin to describe what we were feeling.

If it were not for Gina saying 'I am not going to be an only child' I don't know what might have happened. John Henry was born 14 months later, mother, son and family now back on track.

Sam stopped working full time to raise our son. I got a higher paying job. Almost three years after they were almost killed we got an offer to settle. We went to court instead. That we had suffered so much and so long showed in our favour as a jury awarded Sam and Gina $23 Million and $2 Million to me for loss of services. The judge admonished the other side not to even try to 'weasel' out of this one as he called it or all Hell would be against them.

There was no way we would have traded that money though for what we had gone through. Gina would be able to go now to about any college she would qualify for. That she had set her mind up for the study of law was of little surprise to either of us. We now had a bit more funds for that too. We stayed in that house, Sam went back to work but we hired a housekeeper, a lady who had lost her husband that we both met in the ER. It was an easy decision to make.

Did our lives change, some but not really, we bought a new car, not brand new, but newer than the one we had. We donated a few dollars to the hospital too. I think some things became a little easier for Mrs. Greene with that extra funding. I had always meant what I said about 'If only'.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.