Forever Young - Cover

Forever Young

Copyright© 2013 by Rolf

Chapter 2

It would have done little good, actually it would do harm if the coming conflict were to become public knowledge. Humans and Vampyres were not the only species to realize that eventual victory meant combining several strengths to overcome inherent weakness within a group. We had enemies also.

What was that old saying about the weak not inheriting this world. It also applied to those of us who ignored the obvious need for 'partners' that could compliment each other. The shark and remora have such an arrangement. There are countless other such symbiotic relationships.

Time was not on our side unfortunately, but if anything was to last of such a teaming, it must be based on some level of acceptance, trust and mutual understanding of why the bonding was necessary for both species to survive. The use that the female 'Black Widow' spider makes of her mate is not the preferred outcome, however, of such a partnership.

Yes it was a slow process, but good things come to those that are patient. Things were finally developing. The option I had planned for Hans now seemed to be that deciding 'value add' we could offer the humans.

The arrival of Fern at the party had provided me that very opportunity to try it; she had been turned by another female, perfect for what my plan needed. Her new 'temp' form transformation would need to be repeated over time. As she was to be the instrument for Hans and even Marge, that effect would be further diminished on them or any others she might turn; and would reverse itself naturally, over time though. If anything went wrong, I was to be there and could, at the very worst, make such an attempts 'permanent'.

At first Fern was her normally bitchy self. The gift of making her turn a permanent one and one made by an Alpha was all it took to enlist her 'willing' co-operation in this 'test'.

Han's, then Marge, both finally agreed to proceed. As Hans reverted back to the way he looked and felt at twenty, and Marge considered that she would no longer age, at least for some time, they were now 'true' believers. The Elders and several human 'Elites' were present to observe. They all saw the transformations and wisely decided withhold what they saw until and unless suitable candidates were made available.

Of course, they all wanted that change for themselves. The temp one for humans, the permanent changes for Vampyres. Fern was now a very popular and important figure. Perhaps too popular for her own good. We would see to that soon enough.

The acceptance of each other was, as mentioned, a slow process, a very slow one. As it was written, 'too little, too late' can often become a powerful motivator for accepting change. The finding of a dozen torn and shredded bodies of Human and Vampyre alike gave credence to what was being told to the leadership of both sides.

It was agreed. Now was the time to make use of this new 'weapon'.

I hoped, even now, that it was not too late.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.