Marine Games - Cover

Marine Games

Copyright© 2013 by Frabarn

Chapter 2: The Women

Leave was progressing nicely for Bret. He had sufficient time to do all the running and exercise he felt he needed, and there was plenty of time for the research that would benefit him during qualifying. A minor hiccup happened when he went to submit his application for the Games. The Lance Corporal accepting the applications insisted he did not qualify to apply. It took a phone call to the training DI of Bret's platoon, and to the Capitan of the Training Battalion, to get his application accepted. Both insisted that Bret was qualified to apply.

It was during a ten mile training run two days later, that changes began to take place in Bret's life. About seven miles into the run, with Bret's mind on his studies of the previous night, there was a loud crash. It seemed to shake the road under him.

It appeared an eighteen wheeler was unable to stop before sideswiping a sports car, which had just run a red light. Luckily the wheels of the truck had struck the driver's side door and continued over the engine compartment. Although this killed the driver, the passengers received only minor cuts and bruises. A Blonde girl about eighteen or nineteen was sitting in the passenger seat in shock. In the back seat strapped into their kiddy seats, two one-year-old twins were crying.

Working quickly but gently Bret extracted the girl from the vehicle and laid her on the grass inside the curb. She was screaming "My babies, where are my babies, I need to save my babies." After giving assurance Bret quickly brought first one then the other of the twins to their mother. As Bret was handing the second twin to the girl, he was violently knocked off his feet, landing with his body covering the girl and the twins. The car had decided to erupt into flames showering everything and everybody with burning droplets of fuel. Bret quickly rolled around on the grass extinguishing the few fires on his clothes, receiving a few minor burns. Miraculously the girl and the twins, shielded by Bret's body, received no burns.

Once the police and ambulances had arrived the girl and twins were rushed to the hospital for examination and possible treatment. The paramedic's treated Bret's burn at the scene and when he refuse to go to the hospital went to check on the truck driver. The truck driver a fifty-four year old grandfather, was overcome with relief when he learned Bret had saved the girl and twins without injury. As for the driver he was mostly experiencing shock. With the testimony of witnesses, especially Bret, it was determined the dead driver of the sport car had ran a red light for an undetermined reason, and no fault was to be found for the truck driver. Once he was released by the police, Bret continued his run and resumed his study.

Two mornings later, a second of a series of events transpired. Once again on a ten mile training run Bret burst through some bushes to find two men raping a young girl on the grass. Bret's training at the dojo kicked in and he quickly dispatched both assailants. Since Bret was running without a shirt the only thing he could find to cover the girl were some newspapers on a nearby park bench. Once she was covered, Bret was able to get a passerby to call the police. Only then did Bret check on the condition of the attackers. Unfortunately for the attackers, both of their necks had been broken during the altercation. Once the police and ambulance had arrived and transported the girl to the hospital the police interviewed Bret. Although questioning the amount of force used, the police were not disappointed the rapists' were dead, as this was not their first time raping someone in this park. Bret continued his run once he was released.

The third occurrence in this series of events happened three evenings later, as Bret was taking a late five mile run before bed. Bret took a different route then he normally did that evening. He had not felt like thinking this evening and wanted to people watch during the run. Thus his run took him through the Hotel district of town. As he was turning the corner in front of the American Hotel he noticed a sedan slam on the brakes and two men jump out of the rear doors. As one of the men came around the back of the sedan the other apparently spotted their prey, for both started running toward a small group of five young ladies. When arriving at the girls the two men each grabbed an arm of a pretty red-haired girl in the group. Lifting her bodily by her arms they turned and started back to the sedan. At this point Bret took action and intercept the men. After his demand they release the girl was ignored, Bret once again made good use of his martial arts training at the dojo. When the driver of the sedan rolled down his window and pointed a gun at the girl, Bret used a spinning kick, to kick it out of the driver's hand. The driver speed off into the evening traffic. Fortunately for the attackers Bret did not use fatal blows but unfortunately they were now in the custody of the police for interrogation. Following questioning by the police, with a thanks and a chuckle for restraining himself, Bret continued his run. And so a very unusual week for Bret came to an end.

The next week Bret was sitting in the chow hall having just finished lunch. Suddenly the chow hall became quiet, as three pretty girls and two babies accompanied by Gunnery Sargent Bill Wilson walked across the chow hall to stand in front of Bret. Looking up Bret was confronted by the three damsels of his recent rescues. The red-haired girl asked Bret if they could sit down, and with his acceptance, she thanked the Gunny for his assistance. Introducing herself as Diane Dean she then proceeded to introduce the rest of the group.

The blonde with the twins was introduced as Heather Matthews with twins Kelly and Kim. It seemed that her husband had just robbed a convenience store and was racing to get away, unbeknownst to her, when the accident happened. Because of the crime of her husband and the fact they were broke, she found herself and her babies homeless. However she was not charged with any crimes.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.