Marine Games - Cover

Marine Games

Copyright© 2013 by Frabarn

Introduction

The para medic were trying everything they could think of but the poor women had just been stabbed too many times. Her cries of "Save me baby, please save my baby.' were all that kept them hoping for a miracle. As they wheeled her into surgery, her feeble heart, having lost too much blood, finally stopped. Since everyone was there and prepped, they went ahead and did a caesarian hoping to at least save the baby. As the little boy was removed from his mother's dead body he gave a cry that melted the doctor's and nurse's hearts. It was then that they discovered the knife slashes to the baby's face and chest. Since none of the slashes were dangerous, they were closed as best as they could. Thus Bret Davis began his life as scarred pre-mature infant.

Finding no relative or person to except responsibility, the little boy was assigned to Child Services and eventually the local orphanage. Staff in an orphanage are usually caring people. 5 staff taking care of 37 children just doesn't leave proper time to care for a premature infant. Bret's early life consisted of breathing, eating (sometimes, ) drinking water, sleeping an uneasy sleep and lying in dirty diapers longer than he should. Since plastic surgery is not a part of an orphanage's budget, Bret grew up small, weak and with scars on his face and body. Bret spent much of his early life in torment with no visible signs of affection. No one at the orphanage exerted any extra effort caring for Bret. It wasn't that staff were mean it just wasn't pleasant looking at his scars. His only possessions were 1 change of used clothing, a pair of shoes and a slightly large jacket.

At the age of 8, a thin underfed and frighten boy, walked into Mike Miyagi's Tae Kwan Do dojo. Orphanages do not allow the children to participate in extracurricular activities, due to the cost of insurance and participation. So scared he had trouble breathing, Bret summoned the courage to ask if there were any jobs that he could do. Bret hastened to say he didn't want money, but only the opportunity to learn at the dojo. One look and Mike saw the heart of a warrior in this very small package. With never a smile Mike told Bret to follow him to the office to fill out a contract. Mike for some reason had fixed a big lunch that day. After filling out a TOTALLY illegal contract, Mike stated that part of his pay would be lunch and dinner on the days Bret worked. For the next 9 years Bret worked hard, seven days a week, at any job Mike would give him. Bret spent every remaining moment trying to learn as much as he could. Most important for the first time in his life he was never hungry. While others complained about how hard the training was, Bret always just smiled. Bret didn't realize till years later that Mike having something available for Bret to eat and drink was not a normal part of a job.

At the age of 9 Bret found one more thing he could do without permission from the orphanage. Bret discovered the enjoyment of exercise. Early every morning, long before anyone at the orphanage could be expected to be awake, Bret was out on the roads running with the pure exuberance of a Love for exercise. It was during this time that he expelled all the hate and poison he was subjected to the rest of the day. Bret had no doubt that if he could run 3 or more miles every day he would be happy with his life. To round out his exercise he did as many sit-ups and push-ups as possible. Eventually this amounted to 200 of each every morning and evening.

At the age of 10 another event shook up Bret's world. A 4 year old little girl was brought to the orphanage after her parents were killed in a car wreck. Andy was a very frightened little girl. For unknown reasons Andy trusted Bret and followed him where ever he went. Starting the first night she arrived Andy always crawled into bed with Bret to sleep. Nothing was ever said by anyone. Since the dojo was only 2 blocks from the orphanage Andy even followed him there. Every day Bret would pick up one of the two dolls the orphanage had, put it under his coat then take Andy's hand and walk to the dojo. Andy would quietly sit in the corner playing with her doll but always with an eye on Bret. Bret never hesitated to share his food and drink with Andy. With nothing ever said Mike just began making bigger lunches and suppers.

Reading was the final discovery that changed Bret's life. Reading offered a way to escape the orphanage and find happiness. At night just before bed you could always find Bret with Andy sitting quietly beside him, reading to her about knights and damsels in distress. Having no friends except Andy to talk to, Bret developed his mores, values and social skills from observing the relationships in the books he read. In his mind he became all the hero's in all the adventures he read about. Andy obviously became the first damsel he would rescue.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.