The Chronicle of A.H.Rittele - Cover

The Chronicle of A.H.Rittele

Copyright© 2013 by DragonBlood

Chapter 4

"Alex! Dinner time, come up and set the table please!"

My mums shout made me just about jump out of my skin for the second time that day. I glanced about to check that no one had seen me almost crap myself before shaking my head, it was kind of funny really.

"I'll be right up mum!" I yelled back.

Glancing about frantically I tried to decide upon where I could put my book that no one would look for it. With a grin I finally decided to put it where I put everything else I didn't want my family to see.

Opening the bottom drawer of my bed side chest I glanced at the pile of porno magazines and DVD's with a smirk. I knew that my Mother at least was aware of the contents of this drawer and of course she had never overtly said anything after finding it, and had since avoided its contents. Something I used to my great advantage.

Lifting the Magazines and DVD's out I removed the false bottom I had fitted into the drawer to hide my stash of things I didn't want my family to see. A couple of bags of weed, some cigarettes, condoms, an emergency stash of money and last but not least, the nice Outback Bowie knife I had traded a large amount of weed for at school.

In contrast I didn't care if my family saw the magazines or DVD's, but the contents of the false bottom would get me into serious trouble. I mean it's not like I'm a stoner or some thug who stabs people, but High School is a little like prison. And not just in the obvious way, mainly it's possible to use drugs, cigarettes and alcohol to trade for favours or other items. The knife was just really nice and a precaution.

I quickly wedged the book into the drawer, exhaling in relief when the false bottom just about went on again properly. I replaced the assorted pornography quickly while marvelling at what a good deterrent it was against snooping.

With my new stuff safely hidden away I mentally prepared myself to go back upstairs and pretend that everything was normal. It was odd to think I'd have to go upstairs and act like nothing had changed. That I hadn't suddenly learned that I wasn't as much a Walker as everybody thought. I felt my heart begin to beat a little faster as I ascended the stairs up to the kitchen.

Will they seem different to me? Will I think of them differently now I know that I don't truly belong? The biggest question of course was would I be able to sit there and pretend everything was normal?

As I unlocked and opened the door into the kitchen I caught sight of my mom busily preparing the dinner, which appeared to be some kind of stir fry, whilst humming some nameless tune and I knew that everything was still normal. I still felt affection for my mother and I knew that my new revelation would be a separate part of my life to this normal family time.

"Ah there you are dear, be a dear and set the table please."

I smiled and nodded. "Sure mum. Chicken stir fry tonight?"

Mum just nodded at my question as she checked the rice and noodles. I gathered the required amount of cutlery and glasses and headed into the dining room which was directly adjacent to the kitchen and above my bedroom.

As I began laying out the five places for dinner Cass came into the room with a pitcher of cordial and poured a drink for each place. We worked around each other not really talking but just nudging each other as we passed one another, as sibling do, trying to distract the other. It was good natured teasing and reduced Cass to giggles when I kept elbowing her just as she was starting to pour dads drink.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.