The Case of the Missing Woman - Cover

The Case of the Missing Woman

Copyright© 2013 by Mendon Fishers

Chapter 34: Angela's Contribution

Angela and Percy were drifting apart. Percy spent more and more time with Ray in the Study learning the "family businesses." Angela soon began traveling to Vermont to see the kids. She needed their companionship, the companionship Percy no longer provided her.

She watched as Percy started resembling her father. She did not like the transformation. She had to find something to occupy her mind. Percy would no longer provide that relief for her.

One day she called Dr Fritz and asked, "Is there anything I can do to help Judith?"

The two of them finally agreed on a treatment. Angela grabbed all the family photo albums and flew to Switzerland. This time the photos were of the kids and grandkids. It took about two weeks before Judith noticed the pictures adorning her room. The baby pictures appeared to have a calming effect on her.

Any men in the pictures upset her.

Angela became Judith's care giver. Judith was washed, dressed, exercised and generally just cared for by Angela. Angela spent hours just talking to Judith as she worked around the small bedroom. It took about a month, but one day Judith spoke her first words to Angela.

"Grand child?" she asked.

With tears in her eyes Angela said, "Yes they are. They're your Grand children." Judith reached out a finger and touched the photos, "My Grandkids?"

Another month went by before Judith could carry out a simple sentence. The sentences were always about the kids. Dr Fritz was thrilled with the progress Judith was making. He admitted, "I didn't think that we would ever unlock her mind from the dark place it retreated to. Thank you for all your effort."

For the first time in years, Angela felt good about herself. She was a contributing member of the human race. But soon her elation was crushed. Her father, Ray, suffered a stroke. He was not expected to recover.

She flew home to say good bye to her Dad.

Angela was chauffeured from the air port to the hospital to see her Dad. When she walked in her father's room, she was struck by how far her father had faded. He was a wizen little old man surrounded by machines, various hanging bags, and kept alive by a respirator.

She broke into tears. Her Dad was leaving her alone. She looked around the room, Percy was nowhere in sight, just the body guards. She inquired about Percy's location and was informed, "at home."

Later she questioned some of the nurses, Percy had not yet visited her father. She stayed in the room with her dad until he passed away a week later.

Percy never called or visited.

The funeral was a small private one. Ray had indicated that he wished to be buried next to his late wife, Angel's mother. Percy never appeared at the funeral home and spent the absolute minimum amount of time at the grave site services.

Angela never spoke to Percy spending all her time with the kids and grandkids.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.