The Case of the Missing Woman - Cover

The Case of the Missing Woman

Copyright© 2013 by Mendon Fishers

Chapter 18: Boston from Percy's View

For the next few weeks I walked around the camp like a lost soul. Jim and Tara returned but I really didn't feel that upbeat. I guessed I kinda missed Angela a little too much. I vowed that I wouldn't let another woman get in my heart after Judith left. I tried to harden my heart toward Angela, but it didn't really work.

A week before the concert in Boston, Don Vito called me, "So what time are you picking my daughter up for the concert?"

"I wasn't invited as her guest, " I replied.

"Percy, don't be stupid. You're all I've heard about since Thanksgiving. Call her; I'll arrange the transportation and accommodations."

"Yes, Dad."

"Percy, you're an asshole."

I was still laughing as I hung up the phone.

I called Angela. "Why did you wait so long?" were the first words out of her mouth. "I have all this planning to do. Can you come to me about one week before the show so I can get you ready?"

Somehow I felt it wasn't a question but an order. And as any red blooded man would reply, "Whatever you say dear," was my answer. We made small talk for a while and just before hanging up, she said, "I'll email you an itinerary."

Damn, but she did!

"Damn I was going to have my hands full with this one." I thought.


The next day a helicopter arrived exactly as the itinerary said.

Too make a long story short, I was transported to a waiting private jet and flown to a small field outside of Philadelphia. From there I was sped to a villa on the outskirts of the city. Angela met me at the door with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Dad's out of town on business so you don't need to worry about meeting him, "she explained. "But we have a lot to accomplish before we can leave for Boston."

The "we" turned out to be me. I was allowed to rest for the rest of the day while she explained what was scheduled. First there was the "correct" outfit to wear to the show, then a day at the spa getting all spiffy. That didn't include the new watch, shoes, over coat and such.

I tried to pay but all she would say was, "Dad would be very upset if you were allowed pay."

The meals at the "villa" were first class. They were prepared by a staff of four in the kitchen and served by two waiters under the supervision of a real English butler. As I wondered at the opulence, I realized that Angela had been brought up with the proverbial golden spoon in her mouth. There was no way she would ever live in the style I was accustomed to.

"Well I'd enjoy the show and her company, and then go back to Vermont and return to a normal life," I thought.

Friday morning Angela and I used the Lear Jet to fly to Boston. A limo picked us up at the airport and whisked us off to our hotel, one of Boston's finest. We had a two bedroom suite with a living room, dining room, balcony, and a great big hot tub in one of the two bathrooms. I was impressed. The suite came with a valet for me and a "ladies maid" for Angela.

My valet walked me through my bedroom pointing out where all my clothes were hung in which closet and of course what was in the various drawers in the dressers. As he walked me through the stuff, I realized that there were more clothes and stuff that I had originally packed in Vermont when I left. To be exact, there were more clothes here than in my closet at home! I was beginning to suspect that Angela did not like the selection I brought with me. I wasn't going to fight her, this was her weekend and I was going to let her enjoy it.

Angela appeared in my bedroom that afternoon, "We'll be having dinner at my father's country club at 8:00. A limo will pick us up at 7:00, please be ready." She gave me a very pleasant smile and left. "Damn that woman took all this for granted! Limo's, Country Clubs, huge suites, maids, valets." I thought.

At 5:30 my valet woke me from a nap and suggested that I start getting ready by showering, shaving and stuff. When I finished my shower, there he was holding a bath towel, "Here's your towel sir, I've taken the liberty selecting some possible choices for you to wear tonight."

When I walked into the bedroom, there were three "outfits" laid on the bed. They each consisted of suits, ties, shirts, socks, shoes and underwear. Yes that right, three sets of undies. And each set was different!

Now I had no idea what the dress code for this country club was so I asked him to pick.

Well you would have thought it was Christmas by the way he smiled. He immediately walked over to a soft grey suit with a matching silk shirt. "This is what I'd select for you." He replied as he handed me a pair of soft grey boxers.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.